Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
To avoid the penalties of markups with Dodge, couldn't the dealers just keep the allocations for themselves then turn around and sell for big $$$?

At $96,666 I would consider getting one. Keeping an eye on my local dealers but doubt it will be possible at MSRP.

Curious to see how this all plays out.
Dodge thinks they can track that sh*t, trust me all it takes a signed paper stating the car was sold at msrp and then a little backroom deal about the adm that nobody needs to know about.

I wish they would have approached this ferrari style by only letting people who had bought a brand new hellcat before able to purchase one, thus eliminating quite a few flippers. Then offering up allocations to buyers who had purchased 5+ new hellcats, etc etc. It wouldn't stop the craziness but it would drastically limit who could purchase these cars.

But I think there's more at play here, this is dodge's last bone thrown to dodge dealers because once the electric cars come out I'm under firm belief dodge is headed the route of Mitsubishi, jeep and ram remain hot sellers but Chrysler and Dodge look to be toast.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Dodge thinks they can track that sh*t, trust me all it takes a signed paper stating the car was sold at msrp and then a little backroom deal about the adm that nobody needs to know about.

I wish they would have approached this ferrari style by only letting people who had bought a brand new hellcat before able to purchase one, thus eliminating quite a few flippers. Then offering up allocations to buyers who had purchased 5+ new hellcats, etc etc. It wouldn't stop the craziness but it would drastically limit who could purchase these cars.

But I think there's more at play here, this is dodge's last bone thrown to dodge dealers because once the electric cars come out I'm under firm belief dodge is headed the route of Mitsubishi, jeep and ram remain hot sellers but Chrysler and Dodge look to be toast.

Buy the car for 100K & your new dealer bought Demon hat cost 50K

Didn t Ford do something along the lines of
Sell this car in 2 or 3 years & pay a fine

John Zena Ford GT rings a bell

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Dumb question (I'm good at these!):

If Dodge has problems mfg enough parts to make 3300 of these, what happens 3-5 years down the road when you need warranty replacement parts?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Scat Pack

If Dodge has problems mfg enough parts to make 3300 of these, what happens 3-5 years down the road when you need warranty replacement parts?
Hi,

Don't think it's a parts problem, more manufacturing capacity as plant is done on a certain day for retooling to the next model

Also think they have to have enough repair parts for 10 years?

Regards,
Jim

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hi,

Don't think it's a parts problem, more manufacturing capacity as plant is done on a certain day for retooling to the next model

Also think they have to have enough repair parts for 10 years?

Regards,
Jim
Sounds like hopeful thinking, I hope you are right for the sake of the buyers.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Just for fun, I contacted the dealer where I bought my RE:

QUESTION:

Dumb question, what are my chances of ordering a SRT Demon 170?

I currently own 2 HC's. The 2022 RE I bought from you, and the 2020 M6 before I knew about you guys. I sure would like to add a 170 to my collection.

I know this is a long shot.

Thanks!

ANSWER:

I believe we are selling those for a very substantial amount over MSRP. Last I heard it was 250K.

REPLY:

Thanks, I knew it was a long shot.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
These cars have to be produced on or before 12/31/23 as cafe standards change on Jan 1 2024. Thanks sleepy joe.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
250k over?

Go forth. Find the biggest bag of dicks in the known universe. Eat every last one.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
These cars have to be produced on or before 12/31/23 as cafe standards change on Jan 1 2024. Thanks sleepy joe.

Thank you Joe voters...

Not...

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
F J B !

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Buy the car for 100K & your new dealer bought Demon hat cost 50K

Didn t Ford do something along the lines of
Sell this car in 2 or 3 years & pay a fine

John Zena Ford GT rings a bell
Yes they can put a stipulation in there but they ended up settling out of court.

Also there was no adms on the ford gt as ford selected people by hand and then the owner of the car picked where the car would be delivered.

Porsche bans you if you sell within 6 months and dealers can ban you if you don't notify them before the 12 month mark

Ferrari also bans, lamborghini has joined in on the 6/12 month period as well.

Problem is that porsche, ferrari, lamborghini, etc etc will continue to produce amazing cars that people want, nobody gives a f*ck about dodge because I can't imagine they will produce anything this sought after again, basically nobody cares to get banned by dodge because there's no future risk.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Good analogy Grand National to GNX like Demon to Demon DC170
Last of its kind

next demon runs on new kind of power 2028
Going All electric. Right on schedule

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Difference of having a lot of parts ready in 6 months and getting something later is 2 different things

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Please forgive me if I offend anyone, but 1971/1972 was an end of an era, and there was no doubling of prices, and for a decade or two after, the best cars (those that weren't wrecked) were available at discount prices. For those who don't remember, 200hp was High Performance during those times.

I cannot understand, not do I wish to believe, members of this forum would pay ridiculous prices for "collector cars" that are little different than what they have been making since 2019. I like to gamble, but this is one I'll certainly pass on. I have been wrong before, so good luck to those that go for it.
There was a shit ton of cash that was dumped on the American people back in 2020.
Most went to the rich and now they are flush with cash and looking to stash it somewhere.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
More like Thanks Obama
But yes

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That whole situation is confounding. They know there's going to be backlash.
He even said when they did the original 2023 reveal that they wouldn't make everyone happy.

And I get it, but I think they are going to fall way short of their goals this year. Dealers playing markup games with the regular Hellcat and they are not moving.
Had 4 dealers try and get me into one of those over the Demon 170. At least they realize its almost April and no one is beating down their door for an 86k hellcat. (and that is sticker no markup)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
More like Thanks Obama
But yes
I looked in to this recently actually, Obama put in Cafe Standards in 2012 that fleet avg had to be 54.5mpg by 2026. Trump rolled that all back to 37mpg to give some relief, and sleepy Joe put it back to 49mpg for 2026 as soon as he took office and as an added bonus bumped 2024 and 2025 averages 8% as well. That's why these cars have to be produced by 12/31.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You burn down your customer base when they'll all be gone in another 8 months anyway.

I bet there's maybe 2 people on this forum who would buy a performance EV.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I looked in to this recently actually, Obama put in Cafe Standards in 2012 that fleet avg had to be 54.5mpg by 2026. Trump rolled that all back to 37mpg to give some relief, and sleepy Joe put it back to 49mpg for 2026 as soon as he took office and as an added bonus bumped 2024 and 2025 averages 8% as well. That's why these cars have to be produced by 12/31.

I wonder if they could do the thing that Carroll Shelby did with some of his VIN numbers (third hand story/info, could be very wrong), he "started" some VINs, but never finished them, then tried to use them many years later and tried to claim the old regs for those VINs...