Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

#7 Is Canceled??

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Don't forget about the EPA sticking their fingers in the tune. Dodge will still need compliance for the emissions in order to sell it
I thought e85 was a big reducer of emissions compared to gas powered cars.
Even regular gas has 10% of ethanol in it.

What could the EPA want at this point?

I do think this car will have the bigger 3.0L blower on it.

It could possibly be a 426 iron block Hellcat with the 3.0L but I think that require a lot more money/engine complexity than what they have time to deal with.

15% drive train loss on the 885hp DC kit gets you to 1015ish hp range.

I said before, the biggest unknown is if this will have the Demon/1320 Suspension or not. Because they said only 1 Demon, I don't think so. But if they really wanted to run that 9 flat that NHRA is now allowing them to do, they just might.

In fact, I think they try to make it run an 8.90 just to be faster than the Plaid. And claim that "Banned" and "Fastest" car title back.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Absolutely. If Cali wants to have their own rules then just exclude them. They’d have no issue selling out the production run in the other 49 states. Besides Cali don’t want ICE vehicles sold there anyway so they can help their cause.
Tell them they have to sell all their new Demons before they get any allocations for this final Hellcat

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Dodge (and everybody else) should just go the "49-state" route and be done with it...
I agree, unfortunately other states are jumping in with CA. I don't see any of the manufactures concluding that it would be worthwhile to make 49 - quite a few other states, state cars.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/09/17-u-s-states-mulling-californias-ev-mandate/
A total of seventeen U.S. states are mulling over whether or not to follow California’s lead and implement a total ban on the sale of new gasoline-powered passenger vehicles by 2035 to help drive EV sales.
According to the Associated Press, Washington, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon and Vermont are highly likely to introduce the California-style gas car ban, while the idea is facing more pushback in states like Minnesota and Virginia.

The only answer is voting out the left. Well the only non-violent answer.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I thought e85 was a big reducer of emissions compared to gas powered cars.
Even regular gas has 10% of ethanol in it.

What could the EPA want at this point?

I do think this car will have the bigger 3.0L blower on it.

It could possibly be a 426 iron block Hellcat with the 3.0L but I think that require a lot more money/engine complexity than what they have time to deal with.

15% drive train loss on the 885hp DC kit gets you to 1015ish hp range.

I said before, the biggest unknown is if this will have the Demon/1320 Suspension or not. Because they said only 1 Demon, I don't think so. But if they really wanted to run that 9 flat that NHRA is now allowing them to do, they just might.

In fact, I think they try to make it run an 8.90 just to be faster than the Plaid. And claim that "Banned" and "Fastest" car title back.
Pulleys and e85 on a 2.7 you could get in the 8s. A 426 and/or 3.0 would just make it easier

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I agree, unfortunately other states are jumping in with CA. I don't see any of the manufactures concluding that it would be worthwhile to make 49 - quite a few other states, state cars.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/09/17-u-s-states-mulling-californias-ev-mandate/
A total of seventeen U.S. states are mulling over whether or not to follow California’s lead and implement a total ban on the sale of new gasoline-powered passenger vehicles by 2035 to help drive EV sales.
According to the Associated Press, Washington, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon and Vermont are highly likely to introduce the California-style gas car ban, while the idea is facing more pushback in states like Minnesota and Virginia.

The only answer is voting out the left. Well the only non-violent answer.
At this time only the Bluest of Blue states are considering jumping on the Newsom bandwagon ban. The Red states will continue to think with logic and not adapt those crazy ideas that are unsustainable. Those poor bastards in Minnesota will find out real quick how the cold effects the Li-Ion batteries if they push forward on the EV craze

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
X, you may have great connections inside Dodge or accreditation as a journalist or something, and I appreciate you what you're doing, but without at least some small explanation of why the information you are putting out should be counted as coming from a trusted source, it is hard to take it very seriously. I'm not saying blow your source or anything like that, but at least give an idea why we should be listening and giving credit to the video. Hope you get through the storm without problems. Been there.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
How is it still "49 states" when 15 states have gone batshit crazy and adopted California emissions criteria under the clean air act. Wouldnt those states also be excluded? Im sure they are next to jump on the Eliminate ICE by2035 bandwagon.Or is it just a "we stand with the loonies but we dont necessarily enforce it much" type thing? How the Fk did we allow ONE state to dictate the trainwreck we are now seeing

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
How is it still "49 states" when 15 states have gone batshit crazy and adopted California emissions criteria under the clean air act. Wouldnt those states also be excluded? Im sure they are next to jump on the Eliminate ICE by2035 bandwagon.Or is it just a "we stand with the loonies but we dont necessarily enforce it much" type thing? How the Fk did we allow ONE state to dictate the trainwreck we are now seeing
Hell.... The clueless Hochul just announced this morning they will be 68% all EV by 2035, talk about the blind leading the blind. Can these politicians even conceive with one ioda of common sense or logic. EV's are a science experiment much like the Kung-Flu shot so many knuckleheads got. They will find that supporting a communist regime that controls most of the rare earth elements for these batteries is only helping our foreign adversaries pocket book. Those green machines overall are more damaging to the environment from mining & processing the minerals and then most of the electricity comes from fossil fuels. What a bunch of dumb shits :mad:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Hell.... The clueless Hochul just announced this morning they will be 68% all EV by 2035, talk about the blind leading the blind. Can these politicians even conceive with one ioda of common sense or logic. EV's are a science experiment much like the Kung-Flu shot so many knuckleheads got. They will find that supporting a communist regime that controls most of the rare earth elements for these batteries is only helping our foreign adversaries pocket book. Those green machines overall are more damaging to the environment from mining & processing the minerals and then most of the electricity comes from fossil fuels. What a bunch of dumb shits :mad:
Lets be honest, Biden, Pelosi etc will all be dead by 2035. They don't give a shit

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
This is the flip side to "states rights"

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Butterflies are beautiful mind set more than ever sadly.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well I am doing my part today to piss off the Butterfly crowd😁. Taking my EV and uhm well yeh……stay tuned😜

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Well I am doing my part today to piss off the Butterfly crowd😁. Taking my EV and uhm well yeh……stay tuned😜
Send pictures dad!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye WOW just got her traded Ev for Ice
20221001_154207.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
What did you give if you don't mind my asking? Trying to guage real.market while sitting here doing state sales.tax.reporting
Dealer showed me auction price. They personally got her just for me and I am in big with this dealer. They showed me auction purchase of $85,700 and sold me at 88k. They had to pay a trucking company to get her from Pa to Baltimore so they claim 2k on the deal. But they gave me 66k for my Mach E that was originally 69k.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Pretty decent deal.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dealer showed me auction price. They personally got her just for me and I am in big with this dealer. They showed me auction purchase of $85,700 and sold me at 88k. They had to pay a trucking company to get her from Pa to Baltimore so they claim 2k on the deal. But they gave me 66k for my Mach E that was originally 69k.
Thanks

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Manheim car?