Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I love bashing on the Mustang too, but I have to say that for the most part those crowd eating incidents are the fault of morons behind the wheel who don't know their limitiations, or their cars. In the hands of one of us on here, that have at least moderate to high skill, these things are going to be beasts. How long is the warranty? lol

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I think it is awesome Ford has made available an incredible muscle car which just makes the competition step it up another notch. And for us gear motor heads to the max and ICE age lovers what a wonderful time to be alive.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I love bashing on the Mustang too, but I have to say that for the most part those crowd eating incidents are the fault of morons behind the wheel who don't know their limitiations, or their cars. In the hands of one of us on here, that have at least moderate to high skill, these things are going to be beasts. How long is the warranty? lol
Yeah ... I'm just sitting the pot . I have to endure comments for Ford guys all the time ( mostly "brochure readers" who don't even own a car) so I give it back when ever I can . Lol. But in all honesty it's an 11.0 car for the masses and an ugly pile to some people .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
They forgot the splitter guards! That's a MUST HAVE.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
They forgot the splitter guards! That's a MUST HAVE.
Haha I bet they will and probably frilly pomp pomps on the mirrors .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don't think your getting it. Typo on the date or not there is a date on the slip. In the video it even shows the 10.6 run after the 10.9s. The 10.6 run was done on April 3 2019 at a private track. Were the pricing even out on the GT500s in April? Common man are you sure you don't own a Ford?:unsure::LOL:
Like I said, don't care about typos or dates. The car is quick. No Ford's here. The GT500 has my interest but I really hate Ford interior design and my car still does everything I want it to do.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The faster it is..... the more Dodge is going to do about. The worst thing that could happen is the others give up.

Member ID
Reactions
City
B
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
The HP war goes on but how many years before muscle car cubic inch declines, turbos become standard and electric takes over?

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Watched a tube clip on the GT500, and its pretty impressive I must say. 760HP and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds - its no slouch. I'm not a brand-o-phile when it comes to cars. I've owned most of the major brands over the years. Just never had any luck with Fords personally although I know others that love them and drove them for years.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I love that Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are bringing their A Game to the performance wars. No matter which car grabs your attention, all it does is help the consumer win. The new Mustang Shelby GT500 is beautiful, and it’s going to be one hell of a car. I look forward to more reviews and side by side comparisons.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
133mph trap speed is a 9 second car with traction. I'll just leave this to all the Redeye and Hellcat owners that doubted my prediction about the performance of this car on the Geico forum...

TOLD YA SO!
The car is putting out some power, but like the Hellcat it's all about what you can put down at the track - yeah - on a prepped track with a good driver it'll put down impressive numbers, just like the Demon/Redeye/Hellcat will in the same situation. Like many others have mentioned it doesnt matter me - at the end of the day its all a number on paper unless your the one behind the wheel.
I like my Hellcat! It's not going away because this Mustang has "better" numbers, but good for them.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
My Hellcat will spank that over priced beast and for 20,0000 less lol

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Seems like a cool enough car which will be over-optioned and under-utilized in the hands of a few select owners. Sound familiar?

I'd rather have two of these:

Just be happy there are cool cars out there.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
My Hellcat will spank that over priced beast and for 20,0000 less lol
Somebody with a Scat Pack will say the same thing about your Hellcat...they would also be wrong. Your mod list suggests you put that 20k right back into it. Not hating I have a modded Hellcat as well. But a stock Hellcat ain't beating this. Just not happening. It will be a close race on a Drag Radial with a Red Eye but a stock tired Red Eye will never touch that.

This thing ran High tens at over 2k DA on PS4S Michelins in the Nevada Desert on the first day with media dudes at the wheel. Watch the videos and you can see why some ran 10s while other ran 11s. The 11s were dudes doing LOOOOONG static burn outs turning street tires into slippery shit. Dudes that did appropriate length rolling burnouts ran 10s. It will out drag my Hellcat and out road course my GT350......when ADM dies and it will I'm gonna have to get me one.

Also it's run 3.3 0-60s on the street in real world conditions with normal drivers with video and recorded evidence. It's a real world performer out the box. I say Bravo Ford Performance and Shelby.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Another way of looking at this is - how many GT500's will Ford make? Will it ever be even close to a single year of Hellcat production - any manufacturer could make a small production run of extreme performance cars, but can they build almost 40,000?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I know your right but it’s stil just a must clang I actually bought my hellcat new for 52,500 and I have only 10,000 in mods because I do the install myself and I do actually like fords but no manufacturers have a retro look like our hellcats and yes it’s impressive but right or wrong I’ve have to back the hellcat :)

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
I know your right but it’s stil just a must clang I actually bought my hellcat new for 52,500 and I have only 10,000 in mods because I do the install myself and I do actually like fords but no manufacturers have a retro look like our hellcats and yes it’s impressive but right or wrong I’ve have to back the hellcat :)

Dude I hear you. I have two Hellcats and I LOVE them. I gotta say though....when I bought that GT350 Ford Performance made a fan out of me REAL quick. They are all amazing cars and I wouldn't get rid of my Hellcats for the world. My Black 2016 is and absolute monster and the styling like you say...the sound of the supercharger the whole experience is like no other car. I can also say the same for the GT350 though. It sounds amazing, does scary scary things I still can't believe around corners effortlessly and it feels (just like the Hellcat) to be very special. They are both phenomenal and special cars in my opinion. This GT500 is the same and in the end it will just push Dodge to respond....win win win

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
When you can make me buy a dodge after saying all these years that I dodge dodges even my son couldn’t believe it after I bought it and the first thing he said was Dad what happened to you , you said you’d never owned a Dodge lol
I’ve been driving fords for awhile and I bought my son one as well

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada