Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My budget is 92k plus tax I want the carbon wheels and I’ll take some other accessories.

like to get 88-89k plus tax.

I could take a non carbon one for mid 70’s if it popped up.

want it in black or Ford performance blue.

we already have 2 black cobras, this would be a nice addition to the stable.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
My budget is 92k plus tax I want the carbon wheels and I’ll take some other accessories.

I've already decided to wait a year even though I want one pretty damn bad. I think if those are your prices you are gonna be searching hard. All the CFTPs are gonna be massive ADM and most are already spoken for. Next year MSRP will be a thing and probably ordering to spec will be much easier and normalized. I'd go Ford Performance Blue. That what my GT350 is and it looks amazing and I normally don't care for blue cars. In the meantime motor trend just dropped this...... It's turning out to be an incredible car.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-track-test-review

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #185

You’re going to have a hard time finding a CFTP at MSRP. Even base models have ADM’s.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I've already decided to wait a year even though I want one pretty damn bad. I think if those are your prices you are gonna be searching hard. All the CFTPs are gonna be massive ADM and most are already spoken for. Next year MSRP will be a thing and probably ordering to spec will be much easier and normalized. I'd go Ford Performance Blue. That what my GT350 is and it looks amazing and I normally don't care for blue cars. In the meantime motor trend just dropped this...... It's turning out to be an incredible car.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-track-test-review
The front strut tower brace (cast magnesium IIRC) and carbon-composite core support are very telling about material advancements in this car.

Additionally the aftermarket for our cars should be embarrassed at the rudimentary engineering behind a single bent steel tube - there is very little appreciation for weight management in the add-on parts offered (plate steel or bulky aluminum diff braces, needlessly thick catch can brackets, steel STBs, and so on). The next bound of this battle is going to be lost on the scales with the new GT500 starting 500lbs lighter than the typical bloated Hellcat; especially considering there are no magic electronics revisions coming making the Hellcats easier to drive for the typical point-and-shoot driver.

The new GT500 is a marvel of factory engineering.

Last edited:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I will wait as long as I need to get one at msrp. Not a chance I’m paying ADM. they are making 5000 cars for 2020. Plenty will be sold at msrp. No reason to jump on one and over pay. The right deal will be there, just need to be patient and also ready to jump when it shows up.

my deadline is nov 21 2020. Which is my pops bday.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
I will wait as long as I need to get one at msrp. Not a chance I’m paying ADM. they are making 5000 cars for 2020. Plenty will be sold at msrp. No reason to jump on one and over pay. The right deal will be there, just need to be patient and also ready to jump when it shows up.

my deadline is nov 21 2020. Which is my pops bday.
You've got a year then. I think you can make it happen. If you stay on it you'll probably be able to make it happen. Likely some won't take delivery and later in the year some may make it to dealers unspoken for. Plus I'd think order banks for 2021 will already be open at that point. This one came out late but maybe 2021s will be hitting the streets next fall. That would be great.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

He has purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars in cars since this video was made. Didn’t think HIS channel was that successful, but he has a full time job as well (as of the making of that video a while ago)

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #190
Ford will make 5000 for 2 years if they get ordered. Most dealers will not order a GT500 for stock, something to keep in mind. Do not sit back waiting on an msrp deal, you’ll have to do a bit of work to find it. As of right now, only 1,173 GT500 have been ordered. IMO, I don’t think they will make more than 3000 cars for the 2 years.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ford will make 5000 for 2 years if they get ordered. Most dealers will not order a GT500 for stock, something to keep in mind. Do not sit back waiting on an msrp deal, you’ll have to do a bit of work to find it. As of right now, only 1,173 GT500 have been ordered. IMO, I don’t think they will make more than 3000 cars for the 2 years.
ive been calling. I’ll post up if I find something

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Having watched the Jay Leno youtube video on this car last night, I'm seriously thinking about buying one.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Having watched the Jay Leno youtube video on this car last night, I'm seriously thinking about buying one.
It’s a good idea. it is an amazing car. Stunning. All around performance with massive HP. I can only imagine the rush of driving.
I love my hellcat and will never sell, but this is a different animal that mopar doesn’t have except an ACR viper. But this is an actual car you can drive around. Road trip, drag race, circuit race, go to movies and just cherish.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now that my kids are in booster seats and not full blown car seats, I could consider a 2 door again.
There is literally no back seat in a Mustang, so I'd get out of carting around adults when I didn't feel like it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
But this is an actual car you can drive around. Road trip, drag race, circuit race, go to movies and just cherish.
Wait?! I cannot do these things with my Hellcat? Damn... my wife and kids are going to be so disappointed now that the car is just garage art.

I'll pull their car seats out of the back tonight, and list my Racestars for sale momentarily... oh, and cancel my autocross club membership. I am so dissappointed in myself right now.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wait?! I cannot do these things with my Hellcat? Damn... my wife and kids are going to be so disappointed now that the car is just garage art.
I'll pull their car seats out of the back tonight, and list my Racestars for sale momentarily... oh, and cancel my autocross club membership. I am so dissappointed in myself right now.
Just a guess, but he was probably comparing it to the ACR Viper.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Just a guess, but he was probably comparing it to the ACR Viper.
Probably, but it really doesn't fit the conversation as the ACR Viper and the GT500 aren't even in the same league. The only comparible for the GT500 is the ZL1 1LE... and even then it isn't tit for tat.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Also with the carbon fiber package it will have carbon wheels which should shed 50-60lbs of weight and less rotational mass. As well as a rear seat delete.
Finally a really cool contender for Everyone.
Imagine what a pulley and tune would do to that car. Man. I think it would be almost perfect with a pulley and tune. 800 whp and be done with it. What a great setup.

I’ve been making calls to dealers already .

some said 10-15k markup I already told them to pound sand. there will be dealers who will sell at msrp. I want one, it’s gonna be a present for my dads 60th bday. Can’t wait
Ive heard the ECU is similar to the ZR1's and that it may not be easily tuned.
Im really curious to see if one of these gets uncorked and what it can do

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Of course. You can with a hellcat. but the hellcat is not a sports car. The Shelby has the feel of a sports car.
Our hellcats are soft a plushy, big bruisers for the street.
Nothing like this car. The driving experience is totally different

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Of course. You can with a hellcat. but the hellcat is not a sports car. The Shelby has the feel of a sports car.
Our hellcats are soft a plushy, big bruisers for the street.
Nothing like this car. The driving experience is totally different
I dunno. I have seen some really fancy sports cars go to waste on the track/strip in the hands of a novice, and seen some seemingly really crappy cars wheeled to the limit - surpassing some really fancy sports cars along the way. No car is going to make someone a better driver, maybe just nanny them to safety along the way.

Yeah, I know I am swift-kicking some people's egos in the nuts here: but, be real - the only thing you are buying is the opportunity to do something special with this car (any car), it isn't guaranteed that you'll actually achieve it... no matter how delusional you are standing next to it in your matching jacket, hat, and golf shirt.