Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
How about a 2020 with a midyear changeover. Like June

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
What if.....2020 will be a short production year and they plan on introducing something big for earlier production 2021MY? :unsure:

Lol...gotta keep the rumor mill going!:p
I'm totally good with that lol. Tbh a refresh HAS to be coming at some point. I just cant see this going all the way through 2024 unchanged.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Lol can we please stop always seeing changes in the near future!! I’ll never buy anything if I keep thinking about what is coming

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lol can we please stop always seeing changes in the near future!! I’ll never buy anything if I keep thinking about what is coming

No way. I think in 2029 a new car is coming. Im going to wait!

Kidding. I jest I jest. A year from now my warranty runs out on mine and they should be giving the 20’s away by then. Loving the new WB wheels on the ‘20. No real changes for 2020 equals deals of the decade a year from now when they surely announce whatever changes there are for ‘21.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think Dodge/FCA had problems with a 7.0L getting through emissions ot whatever and they just canned the project.
An engine like that would easily go into 2500 rams and maybe a hot rod 1500 but it was reported shelved months ago.
2020 is more of the same.
I would expect these HP rebates return next year

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am enjoying my '19 REWB which has been around all summer now. It is plenty to have fun with. Going to go drive the living shit out of it in a little while here. I am always entertained by reading about folks who think it will be better someday so they are not buying the current stuff. Damn, what if you die tomorrow? Oh, you will have more cash for your burial! Kool.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I think Dodge/FCA had problems with a 7.0L getting through emissions ot whatever and they just canned the project.
An engine like that would easily go into 2500 rams and maybe a hot rod 1500 but it was reported shelved months ago.
2020 is more of the same.
I would expect these HP rebates return next year
I find the emissions thing hard to believe when GM and Ford are both bringing out a new big block...

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Anyone here about CAFE and how it affects car sales.If Dodge has any reason not to bring out anther gas tax engine it is CAFE.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I am enjoying my '19 REWB which has been around all summer now. It is plenty to have fun with. Going to go drive the living shit out of it in a little while here. I am always entertained by reading about folks who think it will be better someday so they are not buying the current stuff. Damn, what if you die tomorrow? Oh, you will have more cash for your burial! Kool.
In my case, I live in Mexico and there is not a single WB left for sale in the country, not to mention the power bucks discount never existed here, so if I hadn’t decided to wait for the 2020, I’d need to order the car, wait for it 2 and a half months to arrive to Mexico, pay the full price for it and receive it while 2020 order banks are opening. In my particular case, buying a 2019 is just not justifiable imho.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
In my case, I live in Mexico and there is not a single WB left for sale in the country, not to mention the power bucks discount never existed here, so if I hadn’t decided to wait for the 2020, I’d need to order the car, wait for it 2 and a half months to arrive to Mexico, pay the full price for it and receive it while 2020 order banks are opening. In my particular case, buying a 2019 is just not justifiable imho.

Is it against the law to drive over to Texas or California and buy a car?

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Is it against the law to drive over to Texas or California and buy a car?
I live 5 minutes away from the border with El Paso, it is not illegal, but I’m not an american citizen, I am french and work in Mexico so I have no bank credit in the US, and even if I bought the car without credit, the importing fees are high for new cars, so only solution would be buying it cash, putting Texas plates on it and always having mexican cops pulling me over. It id forbidden to live in the US with mexican plates (at least on the Texan border) and it’s the same on this side.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I find the emissions thing hard to believe when GM and Ford are both bringing out a new big block...
Ford's 7.3L is strictly HD trucks only. Its not finding its way into the F150 or Mustang

GMs is still rumored but also HD trucks only.

They don't play by the same rules as cars

And in 10 years or so, i will chomping at the bit to buy one out of the junkyard for $500 and hot rod the hell out of it! 500CI pushrod V8!!!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
OK so here we are a full week past the Sept 10th date that we thought order banks opened on.....still no word.....what the heck when are order banks for 2020 opening?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't know if this is real but 727hp?

I quit watching just as soon as I saw 717 on the radio on a video with 727 in the title...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbiana
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have to say, those wheels look great. I still think those are the best looking design to date AND I think the Charger wears the WB very well.
They are very nice looking, for an import, but not on an American muscle car. Oh wait... the challenge IS an import. Damn!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
They are very nice looking, for an import, but not on an American muscle car. Oh wait... the challenge IS an import. Damn!
North American muscle car

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbiana
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
North American muscle car
How about we agree it’s a USMCA (United States, Mexico, Canada) Muscle car. 🇺🇸🇲🇽🇨🇦

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
How about we agree it’s a USMCA (United States, Mexico, Canada) Muscle car. 🇺🇸🇲🇽🇨🇦
Damn your right.