Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

18k off base model RE

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I actually had a RE negotiated at $18.5 off but never got to the table to finish because of trade in difference. Not sure on the hidden fees but give it a shot and see what you can do. Let me know how it goes with Adam. He is short and could care if you walk which makes fun for negotiating.
Agreed. Currently in talks with Koons. Price is msrp -16k which works but my trade is about 6k light which I expected anyway. Will prob pass and order a ‘20 and sell mine for more to offset the model year price increase, unless my buddy still wants it now. Would prob rather have the ‘20 anyway with the new Warpspeed wheels and new carbon fiber trim/suede headliner/white trim stitching interior options.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yep 62k for a widebody Redeye

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I paid 72 for my (non Red Eye) earlier this year.
This suks!
Come on FCA!
At least honor the Horsepower discounts to those who purchased new this year!
Ha-ha-ha-, yea right!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Been looking at Koons and South county, thanks to the alerts by members here. but the real deep discounts (62K +) are all cloth/ houndstooth. I love the strait black leather (not even Laguna). Half the experience is inside the car . I could be made to love the widebody but your in the car every trip. Still....that's a hell of a discount .Soooo maybe I could love houndstooth too?. LOL.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #24
Been looking at Koons and South county, thanks to the alerts by members here. but the real deep discounts (62K +) are all cloth/ houndstooth. I love the strait black leather (not even Laguna). Half the experience is inside the car . I could be made to love the widebody but your in the car every trip. Still....that's a hell of a discount .Soooo maybe I could love houndstooth too?. LOL.
I think it's all that is left. I have 14 dealers near me and only base models. The dealership I deal with told me they had a local shop who would do new leather and custom designs which is an option. Then there is the Katzkin which many members have done.

https://katzkin.com

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
In Beaverton OR you can get REALLY nice leather installed for around $1500.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
My problem isn't so much the houndstooth cloth, that can be taken care of via aftermarket or even buying real Hellcat seats online from eBay/parts (or learning to like it). The problem for me is the things you don't get in the Driver Convenience Group and Plus Package that were standard on 2015-2018.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
For a daily...definitely want leather and all the goodies. Though, for a second fun car/track car...wouldn't think I would care.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I have had VW, Audi, and BMW leather. All of them over the course of a couple of years would show signs of wrinkling and the BMW's actually developed a small tear at the stitching

My Jeeps and now my Ram with cloth seats have never done that. My Ram now has 107k on the clock and the cloth is still in great shape. On the plus side it doesn't burn you after sitting in the sun or freeze you when its 0* outside.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I'm pretty surprised that the blind spot detection isn't standard.
FCA recognizes that this is an issue and then makes the remedy an option.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
On the plus side it doesn't burn you after sitting in the sun or freeze you when its 0* outside.
Funny how lots of people use that argument against leather. I personally have never burned my legs on leather lol. Maybe I dont wear short enough shorts lol. And never been frozen to my seats either, maybe because my car of choice isnt my HC when it's 0 out I guess, but I wouldnt trade my leather for cloth either way.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have had VW, Audi, and BMW leather. All of them over the course of a couple of years would show signs of wrinkling and the BMW's actually developed a small tear at the stitching

My Jeeps and now my Ram with cloth seats have never done that. My Ram now has 107k on the clock and the cloth is still in great shape. On the plus side it doesn't burn you after sitting in the sun or freeze you when its 0* outside.
Have cloth in my daily 4x4 Expedition EL. Seems to hold up very well and, as noted, does not burn you when you've left the sunscreen down and allowed the interior to bake. But for me, I would hesitate to get the cloth in a car I was going to consider upscale or a dream car. Now, if I conscouisly said, this is a race car (or race-mostly car) that might be different. But for a "special" buy I might hesitate.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Or you can do with this marvel of land transportation.....

0935b5f3266a9ee45cea24347937d560.jpg

I know everyone has their own style, but folks, this just ain't for me. I'd drive that thing off the end of a pier in the interests of good taste.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

View attachment 7088

I know everyone has their own style, but folks, this just ain't for me. I'd drive that thing off the end of a pier in the interests of good taste.
I think with a tamer paint job, it would be amazing.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 7088

Man that just makes me feel like i’m in the mind of a 15 year old.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
damn it wasn't much more than a year ago some of the dealers in my area were asking over 80k for 2018 WB hellcats.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
damn it wasn't much more than a year ago some of the dealers in my area were asking over 80k for 2018 WB hellcats.
Yeah but those werent cloth, no nav, no HK, no HID’s, no roof cars. Granted RE’s have the extra hp but I’d personally rather have a loaded Hellcat than a stripped down RE. I dont race and so it’d be a no brainer for me if I had to choose between those two. A base 2018 WB with the fewest options would also be less than 80k I believe.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think with a tamer paint job, it would be amazing.
That would help, but I'm not one for that much lowering. Just not my style. And I think the rear diffuser is a bit much.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yeah but those werent cloth, no nav, no HK, no HID’s, no roof cars. Granted RE’s have the extra hp but I’d personally rather have a loaded Hellcat than a stripped down RE. I dont race and so it’d be a no brainer for me if I had to choose between those two. A base 2018 WB with the fewest options would also be less than 80k I believe.
See for me its just the opposite. I don't need any of those (except maybe HID) so I'm good with the base and discount. Personally I never even use my sunroof, and think it ruins the continuity of the roof and paint with a piece of plate glass. Plus it's another thing to poss break and adds weight. So for me that's all an advantage even in bargaining price maybe. But it's that cloth interior: it's gray not black, even if they call it black . And even if I replace the cloth with leather aren't the rugs, door panels, headliner etc. all gray? If you order a black gut not only the seats are black but everything is black. You're in the business . Am I wrong?

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
yea the ones I looked at where loaded with sun roofs.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
See for me its just the opposite. I don't need any of those (except maybe HID) so I'm good with the base and discount. Personally I never even use my sunroof, and think it ruins the continuity of the roof and paint with a piece of plate glass. Plus it's another thing to poss break and adds weight. So for me that's all an advantage even in bargaining price maybe. But it's that cloth interior: it's gray not black, even if they call it black . And even if I replace the cloth with leather aren't the rugs, door panels, headliner etc. all gray? If you order a black gut not only the seats are black but everything is black. You're in the business . Am I wrong?
I may be wrong but I think the carpet won’t match the drapes. I think the carpet is always black on these newer cars, regardless of seat color. Door trim is a different story. I cant remember ever seeing red or sepia carpet.