Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1 Allocation for a Challenger Jailbreak!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Hellcat is old news.

The Z06 has everyone's attention now.

If Dodge drops what i expect to be an 885hp Final Hellcat, they will have a lot of press/hype in their direction.
But the markups are going to suck ass on that one.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/ar...reak-models-still-available-for-ordering.html

Scroll down

It looks like only these dealers can get you a Jailbreak.
Not looking good for a FE Hellcat either if your dealer isn't on this list.

I think Dodge is really screwing this shit up right now. I remember some of those dealers from the Demon days and their wanting large mark ups.

As I said earlier, I think this one is going to blow up in Dodge's face.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well if its (truly) at sticker...that could get a lot of folks excited....
Isn't Koons at sticker on all ordered jailbreaks?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm still waiting for the next/last MY.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The list of FL dealers reads like a who's who of places that instigated Hellcat bidding wars in '15 and generally rip-off customers any chance they get :mad:
There are only 1 or 2 that I would even consider doing business with, but I'd have to be seriously desperate to stoop that low.

Not sure what the marketing strategy is here, but I hope it kicks Dodge squarely in the ass.

$90K for a car with no leather seats, Nav is an option, no summer tire option, no option for 3.09's but $700 for blackout DODGE tail lamp lettering :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dodge can suck it !

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
They may make a good car " at times" but there marketing dept sucks. Wonder why they can't leave well enough alone and quit attempting to sell us what we don't want. If the stock engine is not good enough for the consumer. Don't chastise them for going after market. They are falling face 1st into the cat litter box. Stomp stomp.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/ar...reak-models-still-available-for-ordering.html

Scroll down

It looks like only these dealers can get you a Jailbreak.
Not looking good for a FE Hellcat either if your dealer isn't on this list.

I think Dodge is really screwing this shit up right now. I remember some of those dealers from the Demon days and their wanting large mark ups.

As I said earlier, I think this one is going to blow up in Dodge's face.
Not sure where you are getting the FE 885HP information from, but given how Stellantis is configured, coupled with their RAPID move to EV, I highly doubt they spend one cent towards V-8 supercharged R&D for a 1 year big HP boost in 2023. Word was the Demon barely passed emissions at 840HP (back in 2018, even tougher now 5 years later).

I'm expecting a new color or two, stickers, wheels, and a big yippeee!! That way the inevitable letdown won't feel so bad...

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ok for S and Giggles I called the local dealer near me on the list for Jailbreaks. They said they would sell it to me for MSRP if interested. If I knew I could flip it I'd do it. With everything going up, I'm surprised its MSRP. And Tim here is saying the same thing. Even KOONS is at MSRP? Given how everyone now seems to be dropping ADMs on this car tells me something bigger MIGHT be coming or demand is actually falling (recession? interest in Z06? sick of Dodge's shenanigans earlier?)

Thoughts welcome...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What Dodge is doing wrong, snookering us followers, Chevy is doing right. You can't touch a ZO6 for 3 years. There marketing aspects are great. Dodge is loosing their very important follers by their lack of commitment, truthisms, dragging out the products. Us older critters are falling off by the bedside, so they better have sumtin to grab the interest in the younger critters. fast. You can purchase a C8 starting at $58,000.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not sure where you are getting the FE 885HP information from, but given how Stellantis is configured, coupled with their RAPID move to EV, I highly doubt they spend one cent towards V-8 supercharged R&D for a 1 year big HP boost in 2023. Word was the Demon barely passed emissions at 840HP (back in 2018, even tougher now 5 years later).

I'm expecting a new color or two, stickers, wheels, and a big yippeee!! That way the inevitable letdown won't feel so bad...
Tim K said there would be a final edition hellcat

My belief is that it will be a redeye with the direct connect stuff in the trunk.

The DC kit is emissions legal
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a...ou-an-885-hp-challenger-with-a-full-warranty/
“The thought is, we know how to modify these cars, we’ve engineered them from the beginning,” said Kuniskis. “Let’s modify them for performance, certify them for emissions, and cover them under the warranty. The customer is going to do it anyway. They’re going to be okay with the warranty, and we don’t need any conflict with them if they have a problem, and lastly, they are safe from an emissions standpoint.”
They advertise 885hp and the work is already done.
They already have 807hp on pump gas. Now just sell it like the Demon's 840hp but that was a race gas tune.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Dodge has built up the Challenger as the HP king.

If the ZR1 is coming with 850hp twin turbo, Dodge can hang its hat on 885.

Otherwise, I agree, nothing special is coming. Sticker package and wheels.
Probably put a number on it like the 2 special edition TRX's so dealers can ask 20k over and get it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Sure do miss the Power Dollars days...................

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I got a million dollars of Green Stamps I will sell ya.

OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #34
Sounds like you need to focus on some local OK car clubs or craigslist ads. Using an international enthusiast forum to peddle your allocation to only a small number of folks, purely for your gain and of ZERO benefit to it's members, is silly. (It also speaks to who you are as a "business man".
Except I didn't say there is an exclusion to any of the members here, hence why I posted here in the first place.

My point is, I'd love the opportunity to announce an allocation for a Jailbreak Challenger and be the person who gets to work with the client. Personally, there's no harm in that.

I am also speaking transparency when I say "I'd prefer" rather than "I'd exclude" out-of-state clients.

At the end of the day, someone is going to get this allocation. I'd like to be the person who opens that door to someone's opportunity to build one.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok for S and Giggles I called the local dealer near me on the list for Jailbreaks. They said they would sell it to me for MSRP if interested. If I knew I could flip it I'd do it. With everything going up, I'm surprised its MSRP. And Tim here is saying the same thing. Even KOONS is at MSRP? Given how everyone now seems to be dropping ADMs on this car tells me something bigger MIGHT be coming or demand is actually falling (recession? interest in Z06? sick of Dodge's shenanigans earlier?)

Thoughts welcome...

Johnson?

OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #36

Thoughts welcome...
Sure!

I'll put my spin on it: We have ONLY 1 allocation. If we don't use it in 60 days, we lose that allocation for a future special build.

Which pushes ALL FCA dealerships get a build in before that allocation expires.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Tim,

If you want to sell, promote, advertise, etc on our forum, please contact @HellcatFan for a Vendor tag.

Thanks
Make yer self useful.....go get em law dawg...:sneaky:

OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #38
I got a million dollars of Green Stamps I will sell ya.
Just sign on the dotted line :LOL:

X________________________

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Except I didn't say there is an exclusion to any of the members here, hence why I posted here in the first place.

My point is, I'd love the opportunity to announce an allocation for a Jailbreak Challenger and be the person who gets to work with the client. Personally, there's no harm in that.

I am also speaking transparency when I say "I'd prefer" rather than "I'd exclude" out-of-state clients.

At the end of the day, someone is going to get this allocation. I'd like to be the person who opens that door to someone's opportunity to build one.
You are doing some good things and some questionable things.

I'll start with the good, you offer them at no markup and are advertising wherever you can and most importantly refuse to turn it into a bidding war.

Now the bad, this should be a first come first serve basis if you offer it on a national scale, not a if someone local responds after you put the deposit in then we will boot you for them.

Financing in house is essentially like getting over msrp because of the kickback you as a dealer get, you should have said we will welcome all financing, at the end of the day it's the customers choice, we know you guys get kickbacks there's no secrets, in fact I have talked to dealers who will discount an extra percentage point if you finance in house because it incentivizes the customer and the dealer still gets the kickback, a symbiotic relationship because a dealer can't exist without a customer and without dealers there would be no deals to be had for some customers.

OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #40
You are doing some good things and some questionable things.

I'll start with the good, you offer them at no markup and are advertising wherever you can and most importantly refuse to turn it into a bidding war.

Now the bad, this should be a first come first serve basis if you offer it on a national scale, not a if someone local responds after you put the deposit in then we will boot you for them.

Financing in house is essentially like getting over msrp because of the kickback you as a dealer get, you should have said we will welcome all financing, at the end of the day it's the customers choice, we know you guys get kickbacks there's no secrets, in fact I have talked to dealers who will discount an extra percentage point if you finance in house because it incentivizes the customer and the dealer still gets the kickback, a symbiotic relationship because a dealer can't exist without a customer and without dealers there would be no deals to be had for some customers.
I see where you are getting at with this one, so let me partake in this.

At the end of the day, whoever comes up with the money first gets the allocation.

Plain and simple.