Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 vs. Trackhawk....

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
I think most Demon owners are gonna come to terms sooner than later that them 17 inch Street R's are not gonna cut it on the STREET. This is a mildly modified Trackhawk with the stock blower and a fairly large pulley. This wasnt a dig race where the Trackhawk shines either. If he had traction he would have blown right past that Hawk fact!

This was what I was going thru with my Redeye. My Redeye made the same power this makes on 93 octane. I was spinning just like this car was spinning but this is much lighter (200 lbs) and he was on E85 so he's making quite a bit more TQ than I was.

Bottom line is if one owns a Demon 170 they really need to be looking at a 15 inch conversion so they can run the MT Pro Radial which is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Street R for TRACTION! Its a $150-200k car if one wants to hook they need a better tire period!

And thats STOCK. Imagine when these things start getting Ported blowers, Billet lids, Bigger TB's, Ported snout, Methanol, Smaller pulley etc..... The motor can handle it. Not sure about the trans but maybe. Im betting with simple bolt-ons and a ported blower/snout I bet it makes 1200 hp at the crank.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I love that a factory car on a 315 radial smokes the tires from a roll... good times

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think most Demon owners are gonna come to terms sooner than later that them 17 inch Street R's are not gonna cut it on the STREET. This is a mildly modified Trackhawk with the stock blower and a fairly large pulley. This wasnt a dig race where the Trackhawk shines either. If he had traction he would have blown right past that Hawk fact!

This was what I was going thru with my Redeye. My Redeye made the same power this makes on 93 octane. I was spinning just like this car was spinning but this is much lighter (200 lbs) and he was on E85 so he's making quite a bit more TQ than I was.

Bottom line is if one owns a Demon 170 they really need to be looking at a 15 inch conversion so they can run the MT Pro Radial which is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Street R for TRACTION! Its a $150-200k car if one wants to hook they need a better tire period!

And thats STOCK. Imagine when these things start getting Ported blowers, Billet lids, Bigger TB's, Ported snout, Methanol, Smaller pulley etc..... The motor can handle it. Not sure about the trans but maybe. Im betting with simple bolt-ons and a ported blower/snout I bet it makes 1200 hp at the crank.

This is where things get silly with me.
Stock for stock, i'd take either Demon all day long.

But if I really wanted to go racing, I'd be looking for a fat body hellcat or scat. Prefer the HC because less mods to get down in to the low 9s. But after that, need a trans, short block, blower/turbo, ecu, fuel system etc. Its no longer what you started with so might as well start with the cheaper car.
And I just prefer the look of the fat body vs the skinny ones. The skinny one is probably faster. If I was going to do the Moser/DP 9" conversion, i'd opt for the SXT LOL.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My car may do a 12 on the street, dont care:rolleyes:

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I have a friend who just bought one. And my lowly stage 2 super stock has nothing for him. Although he has never been to the dragstrip in a Challenger in his life. I explained it like this I know at least one on this thread will mow what I'm growing. I told him I have a 300 win mag on an accuracy international chassis with a Leopold MK-5 glass that is capable of a 1500 meter hit; however, you can't pick it up and do it like you will not get an 8-second run out of that car for a long time. Just because the equipment is capable doesn't mean the operator can get said results.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Space Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 Demon
I’d like to see that race from a dig with the Nannie’s on in the Demon.

OP
GNBRETT

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Thread Starter #7
Those are some valid points. Stock for stock I agree. And yea once u get past low 9's it gets REALLY expensive. The wide body does look better.

But once u get past low 9's RWD cars get really sketch on the street without huge tires back there then its a race car only basically.

This is where things get silly with me.
Stock for stock, i'd take either Demon all day long.

But if I really wanted to go racing, I'd be looking for a fat body hellcat or scat. Prefer the HC because less mods to get down in to the low 9s. But after that, need a trans, short block, blower/turbo, ecu, fuel system etc. Its no longer what you started with so might as well start with the cheaper car.
And I just prefer the look of the fat body vs the skinny ones. The skinny one is probably faster. If I was going to do the Moser/DP 9" conversion, i'd opt for the SXT LOL.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Seems like awd is best for street fun

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Scat Pack Shaker
Seems like awd is best for street fun
People are going to be hating on the next gen Charger with AWD. Yeah yeah we all know it’s not a Hemi but if Dodge does it right the Hurricane could become a modern day 2JZ. It would suck to get wiped up on by an I6 in your D170 on the street.

Then just think if they do a car on the midsize platform.