Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's Going To Be Your Next Car?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Since Dodge is going EV? Any chance of it being any good? dodge-charger-trx-rendering-makes-the-ford-bronco-raptor-look-dull-179918_1.jpg

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I'm keeping my Hellcat, at least until the dems manage to outlaw gasoline.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
1969 Pontiac Grand Prix, Model J 428 or SJ.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
A deluxe NEW ICE Corvette at this point. Dodge has shown us nothing powered by gas that I don’t already own.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I think the Dodge EV muscle will be alright. I'm not too worried. Doesnt mean I'd buy one, just means I think they have something kind of cool in the wings. I'd never get rid of my Redeye.
Let the toaster posts ensue...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
A deluxe NEW ICE Corvette at this point. Dodge has shown us nothing powered by gas that I don’t already own.
“Corvette Deluxe” as a model designation would be hilarious.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
A Electrified Hellcat done right will be bad ass. And what I mean by that is do they make her a true 1/4 mile car. Wheel motors will possibly burn up or create to much thermal energy on the Battery pack. This is why they limit most EV cars to a Burst of power and then shut it down. And something I learned on my new Mach E GT per the Ford designer the Rear Wheel Motors are the actual noise in the car not a fake noise created to resemble a engine noise.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I might look for a low mileage SRT 6.4 Jeep GC. My wife and I really like our 5.7 Trail Hawk but it’s “her” car. If I sell the Barracuda, I’ll be looking for an SRT vehicle and thinking an older Jeep GC.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I'm not sure which car or truck that I would want in the future. Possibly a strip only drag car.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yikes...a "deluxe".???? :unsure:..Im satisfied with my Z06 order.....now my wife's DD has to be upgraded..(shoulda done it last yr)..but there is just nothing around...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Yikes...a "deluxe".???? :unsure:..Im satisfied with my Z06 order.....now my wife's DD has to be upgraded..(shoulda done it last yr)..but there is just nothing around...
You have to search and negotiate before you go to check it out. It will save you plenty of time.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You have to search and negotiate before you go to check it out. It will save you plenty of time.
Problem is...she never knows what she wants...she can't decide what she wants for dinner..much less what kinda car she wants...before her BMW..she had an Audi S4 for the winter..and an Audi TT convt for the summer...the BMW.is the best of both worlds..it's a 435 hardtop conv X drive..she loves it (I hate it)..trouble is..the warrantee is up..and I never keep a DD past factory coverage...I found her BMW in Georgia..had my friend (a used exotic car dealer) work the deal and had it shipped here.....the hunt is on...coast to coast..just not sure what I'm lookin for...it will all work out...it always does...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Problem is...she never knows what she wants...she can't decide what she wants for dinner..much less what kinda car she wants...before her BMW..she had an Audi S4 for the winter..and an Audi TT convt for the summer...the BMW.is the best of both worlds..it's a 435 hardtop conv X drive..she loves it (I hate it)..trouble is..the warrantee is up..and I never keep a DD past factory coverage...I found her BMW in Georgia..had my friend (a used exotic car dealer) work the deal and had it shipped here.....the hunt is on...coast to coast..just not sure what I'm lookin for...it will all work out...it always does...
After many years of placating my wife with the "car of her choice" I finally said that enough is enough.
Cadillac, Subaru and Lexus. Each one she hated within months.

So this time I showed her 2 pictures of a Challenger and Charger. She picked the Challenger because of the Charger that we already have...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
After many years of placating my wife with the "car of her choice" I finally said that enough is enough.

So this time I showed her 2 pictures of a Challenger and Charger. She picked the Challenger because of the Charger that we already have...
Sounds like what demon man does picking out dildos for the wife 😁. He shows her the “Black” one than the “White” one😳

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Sounds like what demon man does picking out dildos for the wife 😁. He shows her the “Black” one than the “White” one😳
I ended up driving the caddy and a freaking gmc little suv thing that would be great to drive around town...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm done. There's nothing out there that interests me now.

Then again, never say never. Three weeks ago I didn't think I'd buy a Challenger GT.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

We have a deal in our house...she buys the drapes the dishes ..anything having to do with the house..I buy anything with wheels.or an engine.....now she has always had cool cars...4 yrs ago one of her GF's put the bug in her ear that she should be able to pick out her own car...90 days into the hunt she takes me to see some tinker toy subaru with a wing on it...I gave her this get the fuck outta here look..3 days later I find the BMW..did the deal..had it shipped before she even saw it...she loves the car a lot more than the dining room set SHE picked out...

Snowman

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cranberry Twp
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Just bought a $20k lawnmower this week (does that count?), Q8 for the wife is up next. ??? Next? Maybe a nice square body, maybe a GT500??? Who knows.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Was planning on picking up a Redeye, but with the jailbreak nonsense, pretty soured on that path.
90% chance I'll just keep my '16 till they outlaw gas.

Would still like to swap out the R/T Durango for an SRT version before they go away, 50/50 chance of that happening.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
What @1971demon mans wife picked out for him😁. she always wanted to make him feel bigger than he actually is😳

F5AFE76D-1328-42D1-A654-6EB05E4C340C.jpeg

Last edited: