Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's going on with John Tout's "Top Cat" Linda's Hellcat & Josh/HHP

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I decided to start a thread about my Husband's John's "Tout" "Top Cat" (RIP) and the continuation of the progress that is made with his Mighty Challenger now known as Top Cat!
Many here know Top Cat from the "Other Place".
As I go along in this thread I will also post up information from the past for those of you who don't know how he and Josh@HHP were Pioneering the way for all of us to Go Fasssst!
I'll post up articles of history here too.

Oh and I was there too! I hold the record for the 1st Hellcat Charger into the 9s.
I will also post up any news from the track and the parts that I test. My Build is one for Daily Driving/Racing

Although John's Top Cat was not 1st into the 9's, on that day just a few hours later he took that record and his "Top" spot back. John had a great time challenging/bantering back and forth with his records. He knew he was pushing the limits every chance he could. Why? Because that pushed Josh @HighHorseman to push his knowledge for Tuning and to help with getting parts made. "Top Cat" was also being built for Safety and Strength.
The Friendly competition between the HHP Pitt/customers really helped the "Push" as it does even today.

Bruce Maichle @ HHP is more responsible for Racing /Technical Sales and Engines. The Worlds Fastest X275 Hemi owned by Rob Goss is built by Bruce. His knowledge of Hemi racing helped the "Trickle" down of parts for our Hellcats. Bruce played a big part in getting Top Cat's Race Build done! And, also Keeping John and his Top Cat on the Track every week for 3 times a week. John loved the R&D and was so happy being part of it for our Hellcats.
Tracy@HHP also worked on Both of our Hellcats is the master of installing the Go Fassst Mods!

If you knew John you would have known his Big Goal was to be 1st into the 8's!
As promised, Josh achieved the goal for John's Top Cat Hellcat. It was the 1st A8 into the 8's. Before his passing John decided with Josh @HighHorseman about parts and had them on order.
John wanted Josh to also to continue to use his Hellcat for R&D and T&T for parts and Diablo Tuning.

The Journey and adventure continues.

Linda :)

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
It was a Racing "Hat Trick"
Some recent news is Josh took "Top Cat" :love: out to play at HemiFest!:cool::cool::cool:
Huge Congrats to Josh for the 3rd year in a row and Wwinning 1st place in the Gen3 Heavy Weight heads up class.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool:

1628427253226.png 1628427268715.png

Last edited:
OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Hemifest was a Great day to many of the HHP customers! Congrats to ALL!

Joshua Schwartz is with Michael Sudul and
10 others
at Summit Motorsports Park.

tSJSuleyepanhc i25 satho li9:eek:n2c8 itsorgePMdte · Norwalk, OH ·

Maybe it’s time to make #HHPTTMFF a thing! All #TeamHHP finals in the 2021 Hemifest Gen3 Heavy Weight heads up class running an 8.6 in the heat against the machine we call Dillon Carter.
Thank you to the entire team for helping to get me to victory lane. And thank you to our great sponsors: DiabloSport LLC, Driveshaft Shop, BES Racing Engines, SunCoast Performance, American Racing Headers, Legmaker Intakes, LLC, Santhuff's Suspension Specialties, Jokerz Performance, TCE Performance Products, Nitrous Outlet, Bogart Racing Wheels, AAD Performance, ABS Auto Body Services, Modern Street HEMI Shootout

Last edited:
OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Just yesterday Josh was out again working on the Diablo Tuning of Top Cat.
John knew every change would come in small increments, which tried his patience. But he would settle down and say "It is what it is"

WTG Josh! Top Cat #1358 gets a new PB!

1628427704282.png

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I decided to start a thread about my Husband's John's "Tout" "Top Cat" (RIP) and the continuation of the progress that is made with his Mighty Challenger now known as Top Cat!
Many here know Top Cat from the "Other Place".
As I go along in this thread I will also post up information from the past for those of you who don't know how he and Josh@HHP were Pioneering the way for all of us to Go Fasssst!
I'll post up articles of history here too.

Oh and I was there too! I hold the record for the 1st Hellcat Charger into the 9s.
I will also post up any news from the track and the parts that I test. My Build is one for Daily Driving/Racing

Although John's Top Cat was not 1st into the 9's, on that day just a few hours later he took that record and his "Top" spot back. John had a great time challenging/bantering back and forth with his records. He knew he was pushing the limits every chance he could. Why? Because that pushed Josh @HighHorseman to push his knowledge for Tuning and to help with getting parts made. "Top Cat" was also being built for Safety and Strength.
The Friendly competition between the HHP Pitt/customers really helped the "Push" as it does even today.

Bruce Maichle @ HHP is more responsible for Racing /Technical Sales and Engines. The Worlds Fastest X275 Hemi owned by Rob Goss is built by Bruce. His knowledge of Hemi racing helped the "Trickle" down of parts for our Hellcats. Bruce played a big part in getting Top Cat's Race Build done! And, also Keeping John and his Top Cat on the Track every week for 3 times a week. John loved the R&D and was so happy being part of it for our Hellcats.
Tracy@HHP also worked on Both of our Hellcats is the master of installing the Go Fassst Mods!

If you knew John you would have known his Big Goal was to be 1st into the 8's!
As promised, Josh achieved the goal for John's Top Cat Hellcat. It was the 1st A8 into the 8's. Before his passing John decided with Josh @HighHorseman about parts and had them on order.
John wanted Josh to also to continue to use his Hellcat for R&D and T&T for parts and Diablo Tuning.

The Journey and adventure continues.

great idea Linda!!
I remember following John`s post from the beginning an I`m sure you guy`s inspired a lot of people here. it certainly did me.
:)(y)

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
great idea Linda!!
I remember following John`s post from the beginning an I`m sure you guy`s inspired a lot of people here. it certainly did me.
:)(y)
I'm pretty sure It was you I met in 2016 at the MSHS Atco Race?
You were very inspired! :D I remember you saying after watching some of our Youtube videos you had to get a Hellcat!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I was inspired to get mine years ago when I saw a picture you posted of you and John in front of the Dodge dealer picking up your new red Charger!

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I'm pretty sure It was you I met in 2016 at the MSHS Atco Race?
You were very inspired! :D I remember you saying after watching some of our Youtube videos you had to get a Hellcat!
I did meet you at Atco an it was a pleasure talking to you! I had ordered a car but had not received it yet.
I`m hoping to run a 9.3x this fall.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
1630669397500.png

Today Joshua Schwartz will have John's "Top Cat" Challenger out for some Drag Race Time! Yellow Bullet Nationals at Cecil County This was John's Favorite Race to go to and help out Bruce Maichle with whatever he needed. I will see you All soon!

John Loved everything Dragracing, R&D, T&T, Building for the limits,going to the HHP Garage and helping Bruce, watching my daughter Kate and I race, and taking his Top Cat Mighty Challenger setting and reaching Goals.

This weekends race is always special for our Family to attend! We go in remembrance of John, Dad, Pop and husband 3/13/58 ~ 9/1/16

@vortecd I'll post up some nice pictures too ;):cool::cool::cool:

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
My Son Jason and I went to Cecil and met up with Josh to see how Top Cat was doing racing. Well, it was the first time in 5 years there was a problem with the engine. Fridays pass would have been the best day to have the best ET.
The last Qual came up on Saturday and watching the cars go down the track spinning, sliding, we new it wasn't going to be easy.

Here is what Josh posted.

Joshua Schwartz
Great to see all of you guys, Dan! Got some sleep finally last night after thrashing for two nights back to back with 2 hours rest. First pass Friday in testing I learned my BGE block developed a crack in Michigan at the 1000’ mark as all the water was forced out through the blower and exhaust. The crew pulled together and we spent all night swapping out the engine and made it to qualifying Saturday morning. Was excited to see the car off the trailer with a new combo and soft tune run an 8.6 first pass. We were all ready for at 8.50 (or quicker) pass on that last round but the no-prep/slick tire track got us and she shook and spun coming out of the hole ending our YB weekend with Top Cat.

Now back to supporting our X275 cars which are on kill, running 4.14 and 4.15 in Qual to take the 1&2 spots, which is great because the cars won’t have to run each other until the end if we can keep both going strong through everything today brings. The ever changing track conditions are a challenge.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I saw some posts on instagram and I'm surprised that a 8.6 didn't get into the elimination 16, there must be some really seriously dialed in 8.5 cars there during quals.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Those Yellow Bullet Guys are very serious racers and most the cars are not Modern ones and they have raced them for years.

1630858629713.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Took a 8.519 to make the field. Mega competitive.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Linder,
Have a great week end er.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Linder,
Have a great week end er.
Well thanks @Hickster you too.
The Yellow Bullet race was shut down do to rain.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well thanks @Hickster you too.
The Yellow Bullet race was shut down do to rain.
I pretty sure that we spoke briefly at MSHS Orlando this year. You told me about this forum.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
I pretty sure that we spoke briefly at MSHS Orlando this year. You told me about this forum.

I flew down to FL and was at the MSHS race this past Spring. Visiting all my family of race friends and meeting new ones too.

LOL I'm not sure if I ever speak to someone briefly.

Welcome to Hellcatforum.org !

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I flew down to FL and was at the MSHS race this past Spring. Visiting all my family of race friends and meeting new ones too.

LOL I'm not sure if I ever speak to someone briefly.

Welcome to Hellcatforum.org !

Well, I don't think that it was over 45 minutes...