Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What is wrong with people these days

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
So today I drove over to Atlanta and back to pick up my granddaughter. No traffic on the way to her due to the early hour. On the way back I think every piece of junk that could muster sustained highway speeds either ran up on me hard, revved their engines or swerved at me. One car had all four corners of their bumpers flapping In the wind. I saw none of this behavior from other performance or exotic cars. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Everything is wrong with people these days and they want you to celebrate and embrace it.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This thread has perfect timing except that I'm noticing the opposite. Every idiot on the road is driving exactly at the speed limit, they refuse to go around someone turning left and just sit there and make the rest of us miss the light, and when they turn off of the main road they basically stop first.They drive like programmed zombies here. Effn annoying.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Everything is wrong with people these days and they want you to celebrate and embrace it.
You mean force you to celebrate and embrace it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So today I drove over to Atlanta and back to pick up my granddaughter. No traffic on the way to her due to the early hour. On the way back I think every piece of junk that could muster sustained highway speeds either ran up on me hard, revved their engines or swerved at me. One car had all four corners of their bumpers flapping In the wind. I saw none of this behavior from other performance or exotic cars. Go figure.

were you all on the same lap?:unsure:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
We took kids to ride bikes at the college my wife works at...lots and lots of open space. Fast lane going 80 mph (in Toyota) had cars passing me like crazy...my area definitely going faster than normal.

Took motorhome for a drive today and saw a 70s Corvette with a blower out of hood. Sounded good...too bad wasn't in Hellcat.

My belief is some have gone bonkers over all of this...have some family that have.

Stay safe and keep sane everyone. Glad to be here with you all.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This thread has perfect timing except that I'm noticing the opposite. Every idiot on the road is driving exactly at the speed limit, they refuse to go around someone turning left and just sit there and make the rest of us miss the light, and when they turn off of the main road they basically stop first.They drive like programmed zombies here. Effn annoying.
We got that here...they drive like there the only car on the road...and most have nowhere to go...and all day to get there...(it used to be an old people thing...not any more)

OP
Plasticman

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
Thread Starter #8
were you all on the same lap?:unsure:
On the 285 loop we were.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
We got that here...they drive like there the only car on the road...and most have nowhere to go...and all day to get there...(it used to be an old people thing...not any more)
Exactly. I give elderly people a pass. But I'm seeing young zombies everywhere just out looking for brains to eat because theirs were obviously eaten by other zombies. I actually went out and had a train air horn installed on my pickup. Oh the joy that courses through my veins when a zombie on a cell phone with their window down stopping for no reason jumps clear out of their seat when I let them know a train is coming...pure joy.
I think I'm turning redneck...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I drive alot..(work related)..my 2018 ram 2500 just turned 90k miles....the drivers you speak of frustrate me..with my schedule wasting a couple of minutes at a red light 2 or 3 times a day is a big deal...thats just another reason I love drivin my cars...I never am on a schedule then..most times I have no plans...just me n the car...that dynamic keeps me sane...

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Weird....where I'm at, its like the freakin Wild West.....people doing 50+ mph in residential areas in the burbs, or doing 80 in 55 mph zones swerving through traffic. Additionally, I was nearly T-boned a couple days ago by a lunatic that only slowed down slightly at a 4-way stop and continued blasting through the intersection.

It also seems like I see wrecks every time I'm out...especially at intersections. You gotta be on defense around here since this pandemic stuff started. Local police are rarely seen too, where I used to see one or two prior to March.....

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
We are in a economic depression, most in denial, have fun now, fall is going to be so much fun.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We are in a economic depression, most in denial, have fun now, fall is going to be so much fun.
Like a root canal with a dull drill

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...most times I have no plans...just me n the car...that dynamic keeps me sane...
You think it would? If so you should try it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hell in the Va MD DC metro area and Baltimore area the 100 mile runs are at an all time high its truly crazy here. People drive 80 like nothing and even if your doing 80 people go by you doing 90-100. I have had some incredible stints between my Hellcats and GT500 no lie just insane the speeds that are being driven. And today I am driving my Ford Tremor F-350 which she hauls ass but learned today once you hit that 95 MPH mark she truly just loses the momentum which I think is programmed to shut you down before you hit 100. Anyways I am on a 2 lane road heading out this morning and traffic is pretty heavy both way and HOLY SHIT this guy is on the shoulder and my shoulder driving the opposite direction hauling ass and talk about holy crap this guy was insane. These are the type of people you just want to pull over and beat the crap out of them. Talk about a death wish if anyone was not paying attention and moved over to the shoulder instant crash.. The MEDIA IS PISSING everyone off and its showing with their driving habits. F@@@K the MEDIA we have to terminate these AHOLES
they are ruining this country.
8C7587AB-70C3-4D25-92A4-A497911397FA.jpeg

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Holly crapola I just realized if @VARedEye races me in my GT500 He has a guaranteed win past 160:eek: since the GT shuts down and damn I have already come close to that speed racing in my Charger DDD06AE6-DF6A-48CE-AAC4-C72635366F2D.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You think it would? If so you should try it.
I wondered who was gonna lead out with that:unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I wondered who was gonna lead out with that:unsure:
I do my best not to disappoint, 1971.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I do my best not to disappoint, 1971.
as it would seem...although I didn't have you on my short list...I shall not make that mistake again...:sneaky::sneaky:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
as it would seem...although I didn't have you on my short list...I shall not make that mistake again...:sneaky::sneaky:
Who is on your short list?