Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Turned it up and sent it

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

30mph headwind made for an interesting day

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I’d think you could get more mph than 142. Maybe it was the head wind.
I tell ya I fight traction a lot. I am going to explorer other tires. My fronts i just got are bias in case that’s the route I go.
unsure what I’m going to do.
Id plan on 3.09s if you do the 315. Unless you are going to be putting down lots more power.

also pulling 10deg seems extreme to pull at launch. Sometimes I’d rather feather it than pull that much timing.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #3
I think 145 is the right MPH in normal conditions. Everyone said they were down about 2-3mph including Crew Chief Greg. The wind was nuts. It would literally blow you over.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
at least you got to run. Our track was supposed to open tomorrow but closed.
we have had snow the last few days

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #5
It's definitely been an interesting spring. I gotta noodle on the tires and get some input on how they looked. If the consensus is they're toast I'll give Mike at OST a ring for some advice on setup.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would not plan on setting any PBs at an open test and tune.

Am I correct in seeing that the cars were all mixed together regardless of tire? Yikes.

The drag radials and slick only test and tunes, private rentals and sometimes an event will get you your PB and get you your real test.

Just my opinion.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
We bee on a short lease for perfect conditions T & T at this point but 2 months from now,,, no good. Back to 120 on the track.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I agree with you about running a street car instead of a race car. I want my street car to be fast, and I don't want to trailer it to the track.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It's definitely been an interesting spring. I gotta noodle on the tires and get some input on how they looked. If the consensus is they're toast I'll give Mike at OST a ring for some advice on setup.
So my worry with you pulling 10 degrees is as you know e85 ramps in hard up top. I’d t think by the time you hit the 60ft mark you’d be spinning again trying to ramp in timing. 2 or 3 degrees and try to feather it some.
also there is power request by pedal if you really want to get fancy. It’s hard tuning this in and getting the pedal to act as you want though.

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Good job!! Have to sneak up on it!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You get CDM and your channel is going to blow up.

Hell, just making the top 10 should be a real boost...

:unsure:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEND IT !

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #13
@jonx96 I'm going to play with a couple things next time out and the throttle ramp rate is one of them. My race tunes have that turned up a tick and it may be coming in to hard with the power it's making.

The -10 deg launch timing was the only pass that didn't spin, so it worked and I've used it before on RM109 successfully as well, it's just not gonna set PB times using it.

Several YT comments suggest my DRs are either worn or have gotten old so that's a possibility. Beechbend prep on TNT days isn't stellar so I really need to find a solution that isn't as track surface dependent.

@DavidKFla well, they would run street tires a round and then race tires a round. They'd "sorta" prep in between but nothing stellar.

@DRAGRCR - hey Ron, thoughts on the wear of MT ET Street R? How about ETR vs Hoosier QTP? I need to stick with the DOT tires to run in my street classes.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I did not have any luck turning up ramp rate last fall. Prep just wasn’t there. I think at the end up the day we will both be getting bigger tires.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
@jonx96

@DRAGRCR - hey Ron, thoughts on the wear of MT ET Street R? How about ETR vs Hoosier QTP? I need to stick with the DOT tires to run in my street classes.
2 things. I used Diablosport tuner in my 2016 Hellcat. The 91 octane tune would open the throttle in about .3 seconds with me light switching the throttle. I went -20% on the throttle and it then opened the throttle in about 1.3 seconds. I went from spinning on all 5 passes one Thursday to hooking on all 5 passes the next thursday. Honestly my 60 foot was only off about .02 from what I expected. Even if the throttle takes 1.3 seconds to fully open, it's still opening some and making power way before that.

I do not have any resent exposure to the Hoosier QTP. I ran them years ago on my 71 Demon and they worked well. But they were 29" tall on a 15" rim.

Right now I likely would run the Mickey Thompson ET STREET R. It's a little perplexing but I have a good friend that just switched from the 29.5X10.5R17 Hoosier DBR to the Mickey Thompson 315/50R17 on his LOW 9 second PCP Demon.............And he went from having to be careful and likely going to spin anyways, at irwindale, to hooking EVERY time. In fact he is about 20 passes in and has not spun once. He said he is flooring the throttle every time and it hooks.
Not 100% sure but I just read an article in National Dragster about Race tires and they said they do sometimes make running changes to the compound (without releasing a new modle). The 315/50 ET STREET R never hooked like that on my Stock Power Demon, for comparisin. There were definately times it would spin.

If I were you and I had the cash I would run the 315/50 on a BS WIn Lite (has .200 less back space than the Weld and Forgestar etc.) and get out the hammer.

Here is another thing I just saw that I want to mention just because we are talking tires. I saw a Stock Demon rear wheel on a Narrow Body, but, it had a 305/45R18 ET STREET R on it. Honestly most of the Pics you see the wheel has a 315 on it and it sticks out and looks bad. But with the 305's on there it did not look that bad. AND, as an added bonus, that tire likes to be stretched and will work better.

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #16
You rock @DRAGRCR appreciate your insight.