Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Worlds Greatest Drag Race......

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
11.77... always in the mid-11s. Redeye you disappoint us.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I don't understand that.....I just don't.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
If not mistaken, when the new Camaro came out, I was studying it or the Hell Cat. The Chevy was massively fast on a road course and drag. It even beat out the Mc laera n. A few years ago, but doing my home work. Reason why or to be 1 of em is because it came out stock with 6 inter coolers. The most of the ones tested the 1st year. Has inter coolers on every part of the engine, tranny, and cup holders. I got in touched with the engineers up younder, and talked shop. They sent me a spect sheet of what I was interested in. Took it to a dealer, and they had no idea about this car. Not on the production table yet and younder how I got the specs. Talk to the right persons and find out a lot. 6 months later they wanted to sell me one. Had the H/C on order. GM is a pain in the ass to deal with. But, the car is fast and 1st with 6 inter coolers.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I'm surely not disappointed with mine. It takes more than a journalist to drive one fast. There's not a timed run that I've seen by journalists that I wouldn't blow away with mine. So you regret getting a stripped out Hellcat now. We got it; now get over it.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
I have access to many car options and time and time again I come back to the Hellcat. The Hellcats are just to practical for overall fun factor and money spent sense. In the real world driving the roll on power is more of a daily driving experience. And sure the weight for the Hellcats and hooking up off the line has its disadvantage. But who here can stand up and say the Hellcats aren’t so fast once they are rolling? And for my everyday driving style the Hellcats just smoke most other brands and the kick in the ass feeling brings a smile every time.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'm going to have to agree since my First ever 1/4 mile runs were 11.0's and low 11's This was at Challengerfest 6 and getting to 14 passes that day!

Linda :)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I'm surely not disappointed with mine. It takes more than a journalist to drive one fast. There's not a timed run that I've seen by journalists that I wouldn't blow away with mine. So you regret getting a stripped out Hellcat now. We got it; now get over it.
I think we all get that. I am just being sarcastic. Don't have an aneurysm.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I'm going to have to agree since my First ever 1/4 mile runs were 11.0's and low 11's This was at Challengerfest 6 and getting to 14 passes that day!

It's all about the driver and having fun; chasing numbers is only fun until it isn't.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So remember 2015 and the old Dodge Hellcat release? Drag Radials and it runs a 10.8 second quarter? What did they say/promise without them about an 11.2 or something? Give one almost 100 more HP, oh add about 80 ft-lb, increase the shift points, give it some 305's instead of the little 275's. Damn SOB runs a second slower??? They all should be ashamed. I can go out on a dusty crappy overlaid remanufactured stone covered street (hell I went out last March on a half icy sanded road and got better) and get low elevens with this new little Redeye. These guys are on an airport concrete runway! These writers and their talented buddies should simply ask a few of our best straight line racing friends here and have a bunch of regular guys do that. Then let's see what is up, because they demonstrate in video after video they cannot drive a Hellcat, period. I don't give a hell who it is either, they consistently suck!

I watched this yesterday a couple of times on a giant TV. I mean WTF was that RE doing during the first 1/4? Did they lace his lane with sand? He was kicking up dust and sand the whole way down! Nobody else looked like they had a tornado of dust following them. Sure, finally after they stopped short shifting and finally went WOT, it as it was able to run between 13x-15x mph while it was able to just pull itself in sixth gear, look how it climbed in the ranks finally when the 1/2 mile was up. Rant done, sorry fellow members, I'll go have some coffee now. Video after video, shows these cars just suck air. Now how about that new SB commercial?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I watched this yesterday a couple of times on a giant TV. I mean WTF was that RE doing during the first 1/4? Did they lace his lane with sand? He was kicking up dust and sand the whole way down! Nobody else looked like they had a tornado of dust following them.
:unsure:Now I wonder what Tires the RE were using and also the others.

Hurry @DGatzby get your:coffee::coffee: I know you will have something to post about that!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I guess with the new Peugeot merger there consolidating and cutting costs. No money left in petty cash to pay off journalists.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What a joke. Is there a conspiracy against the Redeye or something? or are these journalists just too used to driving Tesla’s and other 4wd cars. The Hellcats are real cars you can’t just slam the throttle.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
:unsure:Now I wonder what Tires the RE were using and also the others.

Hurry @DGatzby get your:coffee::coffee: I know you will have something to post about that!

Ha, you know he was using the PZ4 PZeros. You know some of those cars had bigger PZeros and some had some better rubber on them too.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
The redeye needs 2 TCM maps, one for street tires and one for D/Rs. It also needs better tires. Most of the competition is running michelin’s.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So let me get this right, the $1 million car won, who would have thought

They need to call this the world biggest street race. Let's do this again at a drag strip with the right tires, would be way more interesting.

This would be like doing a race in the snow with 2 wheel drive cars against 4 wheel drive cars

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The redeye with any driver with some seat time would have been second or third in the 1/4 mile and second or third in the 1/2 mile. That would be the real outcome. It would take a million dollar car to beat it and for some reason all these car journalists must have some reason that they try to downplay what the redeye can do.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
That McClaren is freaking insane! Gapped the entire competition. Should've brought out the Demon and put the drag pack setup on it to run with these guys.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
The redeye with any driver with some seat time would have been second or third in the 1/4 mile and second or third in the 1/2 mile. That would be the real outcome. It would take a million dollar car to beat it and for some reason all these car journalists must have some reason that they try to downplay what the redeye can do.
Because Dodge being at the top of the heap is old news, and making it look bad has your attention. 707, 717, 797, and 808/840 SAE(!) horsepower are numbers still pretty much unrivialved (without using electric/hybrid assists to pump up total figures).

The 2020 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante comes in, closest, at 715hp using a 5.2L twin turbo V12 (and a ZF A8 - LOL), runs mid-11s, and costs well over $300K base. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28266678/2020-aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-volante-drive/ She's a beautiful car for sure, but - that doesn't feel like great value for money other than exclusivity. This formula applies to most of the cars tested... except the "old" Dodge with the "crappy" interior and "heavy bum" (FYI, the DBS weighs the same).

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I find myself yelling at the journalists too, but this is an accurate representation of a street race between a bunch of amateurs. I think if they did it at the track, those same amateurs would let us down, only quicker.