Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"The Rock" is Getting New Owners ! Congrats To Dan Van Horn and Al Gennarelli !

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
GENNARELLI, VAN HORN TO BUY ROCKINGHAM DRAGWAY
Earwood Promises ‘Business as Usual’ During Two-Year Transition Period

ROCKINGHAM, N.C. – Al Gennarelli and Dan VanHorn, two successful businessmen united by their passion for fast cars, have taken the first step toward becoming the new owners of Rockingham Dragway, the iconic Carolina facility that, upon its construction in 1968, was one of the first dragstrips to feature amenities like permanent restrooms, concrete grandstands and corporate suites.

Through a unique agreement with Steve Earwood, who has owned, operated and upgraded the multi-purpose facility since buying it from the L.G. Dewitt family in 1992, Gennarelli, 49, and Van Horn, 47, will spend the next two years observing events at the track and learning the basics of racetrack operation before assuming full ownership in October, 2022.

View the entire article: https://www.rockinghamdragway.com

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Congratulations to the new owners 👍

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
Thanks y'all

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Always said Al needed to paint "Gennarelli" above the doors on each side of his car.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's outside my customer stomping ground (but not as far as you might think). Was the track in financial trouble?

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
Nope, just kept bugging the owner til he decided it might actually be a good idea lol.

Here is my post on Facebook to explain a little more.

+++++++

Well folks it is finally out there....... Al Gennarelli and I have partnered up and locked in a deal to buy Rockingham Dragway aka The ROCK!!!!!

We've been working on this for awhile now and timing a press release was important to us. We did not want this to look like a fire sale due to covid, it was not. This has been over a year long process and tentative agreements were made in February. Yes, we have been trying to keep this quiet for that long, lol.

I am humbled and proud to be part of this next chapter in the tracks history. Steve Earwood is a great guy and has roots in the NHRA for close to 40 years! He is drag racing royalty and we hope to protect his legacy at the track. As the article states, Steve will show us the ropes and stick around as needed. His connections and friendships in the business are priceless.

Al and I are excited and have some pretty big plans for the track..... I cant wait to make more and more announcements as we transition to full ownership. This is just the start.

Thank you all for the kind words and how cool is it that WE HAVE A HOME!!!!! The Rock.....

The Modern Street HEMI Shootout will continue to be a travelling series. The Rock will have a place in its schedule for obvious reasons but the MSHS is the MSHS.

I cant stop smiling, lol. Thanks again and really look forward to all of us building Rockingham together, I'm all about US!!!

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Congrats to Dan and Al for the purchase of their new adventure.

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Nope, just kept bugging the owner til he decided it might actually be a good idea lol.

Here is my post on Facebook to explain a little more.

+++++++

Well folks it is finally out there....... Al Gennarelli and I have partnered up and locked in a deal to buy Rockingham Dragway aka The ROCK!!!!!

We've been working on this for awhile now and timing a press release was important to us. We did not want this to look like a fire sale due to covid, it was not. This has been over a year long process and tentative agreements were made in February. Yes, we have been trying to keep this quiet for that long, lol.

I am humbled and proud to be part of this next chapter in the tracks history. Steve Earwood is a great guy and has roots in the NHRA for close to 40 years! He is drag racing royalty and we hope to protect his legacy at the track. As the article states, Steve will show us the ropes and stick around as needed. His connections and friendships in the business are priceless.

Al and I are excited and have some pretty big plans for the track..... I cant wait to make more and more announcements as we transition to full ownership. This is just the start.

Thank you all for the kind words and how cool is it that WE HAVE A HOME!!!!! The Rock.....

The Modern Street HEMI Shootout will continue to be a travelling series. The Rock will have a place in its schedule for obvious reasons but the MSHS is the MSHS.

I cant stop smiling, lol. Thanks again and really look forward to all of us building Rockingham together, I'm all about US!!!
Even though I live all the way out here in California, I have met you both in person long enough to know you are both straight up good people. Congrats. Now this will have to be on my Bucket List to race there one day. THANKS Dan and Al !