Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Teflon coating on SC rotors

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Not bad ideas but I took the car in last Wednesday after talking to the dealer beforehand. I told them I had the lid off to get it powder coated and showed them the pics of the rotors. They still haven’t looked at it. Pisses me off. What’s the point of making an appointment? Supposedly they’re going to look at it today. They said it would be up to Chrysler whether or not they’d warranty it.
They may have asked for a factory rep to attend the "unveiling" since it is completely their call. Seen them reach out to reps before wiping their behinds before.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Some dealerships are junk. I use one in a little town, get an appointment and I wait for it. Had the cat recall done and the radio replaced on the challenger twice and went smooth
Radio center stack replaced here as well for the GPS issue. After my local experience (damaging the car within 15 seconds of being given the keys) I went across state to a major dealer where I had some minimal connections. Well worth the trip (and had UV tint and ceramic done at a oint specializing in Ferrari / MB, etc.... If you're in the Houston area and are looking for this work, I would highly recommend. Send me a PM.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
AS speedy said above I highly doubt the missing coating caused any effect on the engine. It is long gone
Yeah you should see all the aluminum casting my engine sucked in from the whipple 4.5 rotors “self clearancing” the case they didn’t machine/cleanup all the way, it’s fine. Goes in and out the exhaust valves, or if you’re lucky makes your oil sparkle

OP
Smitty

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Thread Starter #24
These idiots still didn’t get it in today. Had a few words with the Service Mgr and told him this is BS. He’s supposed to call by noon tomorrow with an update. Says they’re way behind. I told a I don’t give a f*ck they told me bring the car in last Wednesday. If they couldn’t look at it timely they shouldn’t have told me to bring it in. Then he proceeds to tell me their dealership was broken into over the weekend but they didn’t touch my car which was inside. WTF?😡😡 If they don’t open it up tomorrow I’m picking the car up and going somewhere else.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
My Chevy dealer did that ei
These idiots still didn’t get it in today. Had a few words with the Service Mgr and told him this is BS. He’s supposed to call by noon tomorrow with an update. Says they’re way behind. I told a I don’t give a f*ck they told me bring the car in last Wednesday. If they couldn’t look at it timely they shouldn’t have told me to bring it in. Then he proceeds to tell me their dealership was broken into over the weekend but they didn’t touch my car which was inside. WTF?😡😡 If they don’t open it up tomorrow I’m picking the car up and going somewhere else.
th me 3 days for an oil change I was livid never again lying aholes

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Sounds like a good service department. My service manager told me they love doing warranty work and will warrant anything they possibly can. Pretty happy with them.
I take that back. Sounds like they suck.