Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Solved.... carrying tires on a flatbed trailer INBOUND MOUNTED!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Cool, I have done one re-up already myself. Usually, I just get the FAA approvals and watch others fly around and take videos. I can’t race them and they don’t burn rubber. So I get bored. Seriously the folks at Homeland Security which I have talked to and met a few times, really, really do not like their software at all. We have one nice Phantom 4 Pro I am taking to one of our “younger” smarter guys today because it is worthless right now because it was plugged in once. Now that we keep answering “ignore” to their requests to keep plugging it in, the camera won’t function! Piece of shit.

Good thing this is my thread huh?

Back to the car..... I am taking to the friendly dealer today not because I need Dodge, but they have a guy or two almost my age that are really good. We need to put it in an alignment rack and double check the caster and toe readings now with the camber changed to racing settings. Seems with the wide tires we have the problem described by some as the death wobble. It is really attempting to rotate those big rear Cup 2’s until they get red hot and it wants to dart between those rears. I did not like it at all going up the BIR straight reaching speeds where most would have just said if you let it do that again, let me out, now! Yep, I can say when that happens, if you keep your foot into it, the wobble gets bigger and quicker! Damn entertaining at over 125 mph with concrete walls on each side. The Redeye has torque to give away I’ll tell everyone,

@TrackDay I think I watched video coming out of #3 ten times. Every time I can see the car actually shift right and left! That is one of the places where I like to watch the distance a Hellcat can put on the others. I could not take advantage of that, at that place and lots of other spots at all Monday. I bet you have some video for a couple laps where we can see it in a few places when you were following?? No wonder there is no wear on the rears, it was attempting to rotate them, but the wobble had me cutting power all over the place!
I had that death wobble on one of my old Ram trucks and it was bad when it would happen at 50 mph. I can't imagine at 125+.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #22
I had that death wobble on one of my old Ram trucks and it was bad when it would happen at 50 mph. I can't imagine at 125+.
I think most people would characterize it has potentially crazy?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I think most people would characterize it has potentially crazy?
"potentially" paints with a very wide brush, leaving a lot to interpretation :p

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
@DGatzby, I'll have my video up tomorrow. It's from the 2nd session.
For sure when I rode with you to lunch it was the same issue I had maybe 4 years ago when my toe was out and had a pronounced thrust angle.
I hope you have it fixed by now and are ready for the PDS on Monday.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #25
@DGatzby, I'll have my video up tomorrow. It's from the 2nd session.
For sure when I rode with you to lunch it was the same issue I had maybe 4 years ago when my toe was out and had a pronounced thrust angle.
I hope you have it fixed by now and are ready for the PDS on Monday.
Got it my friend. Thanks, the alignment rack revealed it was a mess. The rear toe was nearly 1/2 degree toe-in! I can’t believe it simply was not just scraping those rear tires off like a file! For tomorrow the rear end has been returned to the street alignment, and I pulled the right front camber back one tab to get the toe on that side back also. The camber change on that side for some reason was pushing its toe off the chart too far and too different than the left. I am surprised the front was not bothering me. No wonder I could not get comfy with the way that car was handling. I have a pair of AAD rear toe arms coming so that I can get that rear toe right with just the tabs for track days. I’ll have some BMR arms to sell soon.

It should return much different lap times and feel like a different car is my guess. Going to just drive it up with the Toyo tires for the day. Should be fun, it feels better from what I can tell on the street. Probably was lucky I did not pile that car up at some stupid speed last Monday. Those brake pads are going to go for day #4! Incredible, but now you know why I was real uncomfortable btw the Kink turn and that next braking zone and btw #3-4. It could have looked like that Camaro.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Cool, I have done one re-up already myself. Usually, I just get the FAA approvals and watch others fly around and take videos. I can’t race them and they don’t burn rubber. So I get bored. Seriously the folks at Homeland Security which I have talked to and met a few times, really, really do not like their software at all. We have one nice Phantom 4 Pro I am taking to one of our “younger” smarter guys today because it is worthless right now because it was plugged in once. Now that we keep answering “ignore” to their requests to keep plugging it in, the camera won’t function! Piece of shit.

Good thing this is my thread huh?

Back to the car..... I am taking to the friendly dealer today not because I need Dodge, but they have a guy or two almost my age that are really good. We need to put it in an alignment rack and double check the caster and toe readings now with the camber changed to racing settings. Seems with the wide tires we have the problem described by some as the death wobble. It is really attempting to rotate those big rear Cup 2’s until they get red hot and it wants to dart between those rears. I did not like it at all going up the BIR straight reaching speeds where most would have just said if you let it do that again, let me out, now! Yep, I can say when that happens, if you keep your foot into it, the wobble gets bigger and quicker! Damn entertaining at over 125 mph with concrete walls on each side. The Redeye has torque to give away I’ll tell everyone,

@TrackDay I think I watched video coming out of #3 ten times. Every time I can see the car actually shift right and left! That is one of the places where I like to watch the distance a Hellcat can put on the others. I could not take advantage of that, at that place and lots of other spots at all Monday. I bet you have some video for a couple laps where we can see it in a few places when you were following?? No wonder there is no wear on the rears, it was attempting to rotate them, but the wobble had me cutting power all over the place!
Knocked out my test today.....missed two questions.....and I'm ok with that.
Now I just need to get my interview :)