Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Sightings in New Mexico

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Was in vicinity of holloman AFB, WSMR, Macgregor range, etc... over the last week. I pull into auto parts store parking lot to turn around. Two charger HCs in lot. As I prepare to pull out onto the street third charger HC drives by. More hellcats in 15 seconds than I normally run into in a week. Should have taken photos.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I was expecting sone UFO sightings!

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Holloman is all ground support and ACM practice now that the.luftwaffe pulled out after 20+ years (that and air defense drones, rocket sleds, as usual, and remote drone piloting (operated.out of.local bases, flown by "crews" in local shipping container boxes by sat link) so there are still some interesting things to see in the sky, plus the odd middle range test and space craft landing. Most recently that sample return mission... but the shuttle even landed out here once, only non-Cape non-Edwards landing if I remember correctly. Twice I've seen things I could not ID, but it ain't aliens I'm sure.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Holloman is all ground support and ACM practice now that the.luftwaffe pulled out after 20+ years (that and air defense drones, rocket sleds, as usual, and remote drone piloting (operated.out of.local bases, flown by "crews" in local shipping container boxes by sat link) so there are still some interesting things to see in the sky, plus the odd middle range test and space craft landing. Most recently that sample return mission... but the shuttle even landed out here once, only non-Cape non-Edwards landing if I remember correctly. Twice I've seen things I could not ID, but it ain't aliens I'm sure.
Mustang prototypes????

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Two charger HCs in lot. As I prepare to pull out onto the street third charger HC drives by.
Makes perfect sense that close to the border.
More people can be crammed into a 4-door, they can escape quicker if needed, and there's still room for a couple of kilos in the trunk.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
lol, I'll keep that in mind Jim.

On a completely different topic, I read years ago that the tunnel on US 82 NW of Alamogordo is the only highway tunnel in NM. Is that right? If so, why do you have that tunnel washing machine?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I dunno, Magnified. There are several railroad tunnels nearby, but I don't think I've seen one along a highway yet.
They must've cleaned them out...before I got a chance to.