Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RF Lockout Install scheduled for Tuesday…question please…

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Anybody know the P/N?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
just incase it helps ,i had my rf hub updated with the new lock out and my keys all work and i did not have to get them reprogrammed ,so if the dealer tells you they have have to charge you to reprogram additional keys they are stealing your money

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Sorry Hick, I can't take the time to try to decipher your posts and rarely read them.
He knows a lot about a lot of things. I try to take the time to read his posts.

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
I read about this in depth when it came out. I do not know why they have you bring in your old keys, but they do not re program them. I think they make sure your keys are programmed into the RF hub before they lock it. And they offer you a one time discount to buy additional keys because the red ones are quite expensive. Once the hub is locked you cannot get new keys made for your car.
Once they lockout the RF hub the thief's can still use the star connector to get to the RF hub but the RF hub will no longer accept their instructions to program a new key into the electronic device they are using to attempt to steal it.
The IGLA anti theft system does the same thing but does not destroy the RF hub. When you leave the vehicle the hub is locked and they cannot program a new key to steal it. When you get into the car you type in your code on the steering wheel, and the RF hub is unlocked and you can drive it AND have new keys made later if you lose them.
So in effect the RF hub is much cheaper than buying the IGLA but you do not get the other anti theft features the IGLA has. Personally I have the IGLA system and keep my car in the garage at night, and am not afraid to use it daily for shopping etc. If it gets hauled away on a flatbed I have it insured for $90G and will then buy a GT500 and not have to deal with this bullshit anymore.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...good information, sensible thinking...
...right up until you said GT500, then you lost me...

; )

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Please dont rely on this to stop ur car from being stolen. Its only a matter of time before this is defeated. Car theives have defeated every single anti-theft measure car manufactures have developed. Every single one!

I worked in auto theft for many years car. I can assure they are already working on a program to defeat this anti-theft measure thats fact. I know, that cant be done cause Dodge designed it right? Go with that.....smh

The Taser should be used with this along with a remote kill switch that will take 10 minutes to install.

Tasers latest update gives u the ability to disable the drive-by-wire throttle. If removed its still disabled. But what I have noticed is ur vehicle will travel 10 mph in DRIVE with no throttle so the vehicle is still movable so just keep that in mind. Will go 10 mph is reverse as well.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mine took about 40 minutes and yes they perform a validation test. Know they will only reprogram one FOB. If you want a second you will have to pay for it.
Do they do this for free for all dodge cars?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For those tuned with HPT - did you need to remove your smart access cable or no?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For those tuned with HPT - did you need to remove your smart access cable or no?
No. I am sure you mean the cheater/USB connector from the Hub. They don’t care. However, my dealer/tech knows exactly what mods my car has.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
No. I am sure you mean the cheater/USB connector from the Hub. They don’t care. However, my dealer/tech knows exactly what mods my car has.
It's their version of the SGW bypass that leaves the module itself in place. At least on the charger it's easy to get to.

I'll probably have this done sometime soon and just wanted to prepare.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I removed my SGW bypass harness on the Durango prior to the visit just in case because I don't trust any dealer, especially the one I went to - totally clueless