Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Restriction To Order Redeye Parts Now Lifted

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Some parts were restricted here in the US as well. For instance HPTuners could not get 2020 RedEye PCM's. I wanted to order an unlocked PCM from them but they were not available yet. But an individual could order one. My Dealership parts manager told me they were restricted and he was able to order 1 per week. And, as luck would have it he had not ordered any so there you go..........

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Can you order unlocked PCMs (2019 or 2020) from FCA direct? I thought they had to come from HP Tuners or (Arrington?)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Can you order unlocked PCMs (2019 or 2020) from FCA direct? I thought they had to come from HP Tuners or (Arrington?)
No. Since HPTuners could not get them I just checked with my Dodge dealer to see what's up. I bought it from the Dealer and then shipped it to HPTuners and had them unlock it. Resently if you bought the MPVI2 Tool from HPTuners they would unlock your PCM for free. You can send your original PCM in if you want since they do a quick turnaround. HPTuners might have the unlocked PCMs in stock by now.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
That makes sense. I've been talking with Diablosport about their canned tunes and/or PCMs / TCMs about this hiccup my RE has. Wondering if their TCM might do it.

Diablosport use to be a top shop for this stuff. Has HP Tuners surpassed them?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I prefer HPTuners now. Just much more info when looking at a program on a Laptop/tablet.

To fix the hiccup you are going to have to raise the rev limits quite a bit. Or, lower the shift points and that will slow you down when you get on a drag strip with a tire. I consider a Hiccup on the street normal. You might have to end up making dramatic changes to get rid of the hiccup on the street. I honestly would not do it. I would put the most/best tire on it I could and live with it.

Also note, every 19 RedEye I have seen data logs from DRAG STRIP RUNS short shifted 1-2 and then 6250-6300 on all other shifts. I consider this to be optimal.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I need to get a decent set of rears and go try this drag race stuff out you all speak of.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
I had a guy tell me today his friend ran a 1.25 60' on new MT ET S/S, but it might've been a fluke, only happened once. He wasn't sure on the size. I have run 1.50s and have seen 1.40s on the MT ET Street R 305/45 18. My G-meter shows 1.49 acceleration after this weekend at Bradenton NMCA.