Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Red Seat Belts

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
OK, so I have a 2019 Scat Pack Challenger, and I really wish I had the red seat belts. (still not an option from the factory for scat packs, wish it was I would have ordered it that way since I ordered my car). Anyway....Looking at what is involved with changing them out, holy cow that's a lot. You basically have to remove the entire rear seats, and side trim panels in the rear. Just curious, how many people have gone through that? The other deterrent of course is the cost. I noticed SpeedLogix has the OEM Replacements in red, a full set is around $700 plus tax and shipping. There is a place that will replace the webs for you, maybe a good winter project, and that totals to close to $400 plus tax and shipping.....seems kind of pricey....

I did order the Red start button, and I have the Barton flat stick with Red barton engraving, and I have a B5 Blue shift ball from SpeedDawg.com. Even my wife agrees that the red seat belts would complete the red accents inside the car.

SO what are everyone's thoughts on that....worth the headache and the cost?

Side note, anyone have red that doesn't like it? That would maybe be close to Buffalo and want to have a seat belt swap party? LOL

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Pity bump. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have them on my HCC with black interior. I'm not willing to part with them and I'm not sure if Charger to Challenger belts are interchangeable. Should be if it's just the actual belt part and not the hardware.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Pity bump. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have them on my HCC with black interior. I'm not willing to part with them and I'm not sure if Charger to Challenger belts are interchangeable. Should be if it's just the actual belt part and not the hardware.
I think the Challenger and Charger seat belts are different.....B/c when you order them for some reason they seem to have different PN's Not sure...you'd think they'd be the same.....

Anyway...Unless I happen to run into someone that wants to swap with me, I am thinking I will eventually pony up the money and swap these out. Unless I end up deciding that the effort and cost is not worth the result....

I just don't understand why this is not a factory order option on the scat packs, b/c I would have done that no question.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #6

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
another comapany

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #8
Awesome, they are much cheaper than SeatBeltplanet.com which is more expensive than buying the whole new set from Speedlogix. These guys are only $75 / seat belt. I just glanced at their location, they are only 5 hours from me too...

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'm glad I could help you out. now you will have to post up and let us know your results :)

Linda :)

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #10
I'm glad I could help you out. now you will have to post up and let us know your results :)

Well I certainly will post pictures if I go ahead with that. The car is going to be coming out of storage soon, so I might wait until I put it away again...then again their turnaround times are pretty quick....

Thanks again!

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have red in the HellCat. Gray in the GT350. Black in the DSRT and orange in the International Big rig. ๐Ÿ˜‚

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #12
I have red in the HellCat. Gray in the GT350. Black in the DSRT and orange in the International Big rig. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Wow, you have a little taste of everything then huh? Which one is your favorite?

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #13

I spoke to them....since my car is B5 Blue, I noticed they have some similar blues and some other cool colors. So now they are sending me color samples of their elegant red, ferrari red, royal blue, cobalt blue, blue edged black, red edged black, black edged red. This is getting intense...lol

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow, you have a little taste of everything then huh? Which one is your favorite?
Probably the red belts on black interior in the HCC. I had a 2014 Chrysler 300SRT that had the red interior, but the belts were black.

The Orange in the Big trk is a manufacturer thing to comply/aid DOT and LEO that we are wearing a seat belt.๐Ÿ˜‚

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #15
Probably the red belts on black interior in the HCC. I had a 2014 Chrysler 300SRT that had the red interior, but the belts were black.

The Orange in the Big trk is a manufacturer thing to comply/aid DOT and LEO that we are wearing a seat belt.๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeah those red belts sure are slick. I am really considering making the swap.....maybe even blue ones if they have something that looks like B5 blue.....we'll see!

Orange sounds cool though, that's part of why I like the colors. You get a nice accent in the car but also makes your seat belt super visible when a cop goes by.....though I don't think they really watch for that anymore now that people have been properly indoctrinated about seat belts.....right now the big thing is how many people are on their phones texting and stuff while trying to drive. That's what's scary!

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My biggest fear with red seat belts is they would stain easily. They also show dirt. Iโ€™m fine with black. Whatever floats your boat. My car is red enough.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
My biggest fear with red seat belts is they would stain easily. They also show dirt. Iโ€™m fine with black. Whatever floats your boat. My car is red enough.
I've got real world data on that. Yes and no, depending. On my C5 with gray belts, I used to run windows down and top out alot. Florida sun, pollen, and just dirty air. They did get dirty.

On the other hand, I almost never run the HCC(red belts) with windows down(no sun roof) and there's absolutely no eating in any of my cars. The belts are remarkably clean on a 16' car.

So it's a user thing. ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've got real world data on that. Yes and no, depending. On my C5 with gray belts, I used to run windows down and top out alot. Florida sun, pollen, and just dirty air. They did get dirty.

On the other hand, I almost never run the HCC(red belts) with windows down(no sun roof) and there's absolutely no eating in any of my cars. The belts are remarkably clean on a 16' car.

So it's a user thing. ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘
Itโ€™s sweat and drool of my passengers I worry most about. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Never had โ€˜dirtyโ€˜ seatbelts lol. Any color. Seems like an odd concern. Red belts in my last two Challengers, dirt/stains hasn't ever been a factor.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Never had โ€˜dirtyโ€˜ seatbelts lol. Any color. Seems like an odd concern. Red belts in my last two Challengers, dirt/stains hasn't ever been a factor.
You are a neatnick!