Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RACE FUEL COMPARISON

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
anyone have data comparing renegade rm 109 to VP ms 109? from what I see they seem very close on the specs.
anybody tried both an found one to perform better than the other ?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Excellent question, but I cannot add to input. VP easiest to get in my neck of the woods, so yea, would like to know.

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Excellent question, but I cannot add to input. VP easiest to get in my neck of the woods, so yea, would like to know.
I was told OST was going to renegade or testing, not sure, was hoping some tuners would have some input.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I was told OST was going to renegade or testing, not sure, was hoping some tuners would have some input.
Renegade and vp are both quality fuels

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Renegade and VP both make comparable fuels and I've used them both. One won't necessarily make more power than the other as their similar products. Kinda like how Nike or Reebok won't make a runner faster.

I've been using Renegade exclusively for about 8 years now after having real good results with it on the dyno with my old car and it being a little more cost competitive vs VP.

I've mostly run their RM109 unleaded product which has an R/M+2 rating of 107 octane I believe (a bit higher than VP). I've also played with their 112+ but it's un-oxygenated and leaded so I settled on the RM109.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Renegade and VP both make comparable fuels and I've used them both. One won't necessarily make more power than the other as their similar products. Kinda like how Nike or Reebok won't make a runner faster.

I've been using Renegade exclusively for about 8 years now after having real good results with it on the dyno with my old car and it being a little more cost competitive vs VP.

I've mostly run their RM109 unleaded product which has an R/M+2 rating of 107 octane I believe (a bit higher than VP). I've also played with their 112+ but it's un-oxygenated and leaded so I settled on the RM109.
Don’t use that analogy in front of a group of runners! 😂 https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...es-face-a-potential-ban-from-competition/amp/

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #7

thanks.... think I will go with renegade RM109, I do have a good contact now. not so much with the VP guy, he`s further away an wanted to sell it in a big drum just before the virous hit. glad I didn`t go for it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
From what I've seen (which is not a lot in the last ten years), they are basically the same. Some proprietary differences in additives and combinations but I have never seen anything to indicate one is clearly better than the other overall. But again, my direct experience with both is over a decade old. Buy a few a tank of each, see what you think. Post your results.

I would avoid most other comparisons because like so much else today, it's pretty partisan.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Kinda like how Nike or Reebok won't make a runner faster..
I disagree on that. I think the Reebok's are faster
_105730895_williamsonshoe.jpg

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country