Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Purchasing an extended warranty

upsguy1210

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
How do i go about getting an extended warranty? How much will it cost?

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You have to get the ext warranty from a dealer and it's completely negotiable in pricing. I've been quoted anywhere from $4-5k.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
It's not worth it imo.

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
It's not worth it imo.
Agreed, there are better ways to spend the money.[burnout]

neilsonne

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
challenger
If you know a really good mechanic, there's no need to get an extended warranty.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I know this is an old thread. I am wondering since I am considering getting a used hellcat vs a new scat pack....if I go for the used hellcat as long as the warranty is intact (even if for only 14 more months, drive train I mean) could I still get that extended directly from FCA? Anyone Know?

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I know this is an old thread. I am wondering since I am considering getting a used hellcat vs a new scat pack....if I go for the used hellcat as long as the warranty is intact (even if for only 14 more months, drive train I mean) could I still get that extended directly from FCA? Anyone Know?
I bought my first Hellcat used with the factory warranty still on it, but not much left. I was offered an extended warranty from the dealer. Personally I don't know if I would get an extended warranty, but I also like to mod, lol. You might want to contact FCA and see how you could go about getting an extended warranty, in case you buy private party.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
FCA will sell you an extended warranty without any dealer involvement. There are multiple levels of coverage (max care, added care, gap) and various time/mileage options. Just have your VIN handy and give them a call. If you are modded or thinking about modding, probably not a good call to make.

Here is a link ..

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Just a little advice. I saw a situation recently where a non-FCA dealer sold a car with supposed warranty left. When the buyer took the car to Dodge for a warranty repair they said it had been modded and no coverage. If warranty is important to you, make sure Dodge does a thorough inspection and diagnostic to confirm warranty is valid.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Just a little advice. I saw a situation recently where a non-FCA dealer sold a car with supposed warranty left. When the buyer took the car to Dodge for a warranty repair they said it had been modded and no coverage. If warranty is important to you, make sure Dodge does a thorough inspection and diagnostic to confirm warranty is valid.
Another way around this is to avoid the FCA warranty. This is my 3rd warranty through RT 66, via PenFed Credit Union, and for $1,495 you get 5 years of coverage or up to 100,000 miles. Everything is covered, everything under the manufacturer's warranty.

On a prior BMW I owned, this warranty shelled out around $15k in repairs, majority towards a blown engine, but they covered two oil filter housing gaskets, a radiator hose and a pair of valve cover gaskets.

I highly recommend RT 66 via Pen Fed. If you are not a member of PenFed, they charge a one time $5 fee. Here is the "fine print".

Screenshot_20190911-202247.jpg

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Bought mine from Clay, several others have also. Great guy and great prices.
Clay@robbinsmotors.com

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They put the pressure on when you buy the car to buy these cars more on the warranty than anything else. They must have a huge profit margins. You can really negotiate it down. I though it was worth it to get the wheel and tire warranty as well as protection for all the electronics in these cars. My factory 3 year warranty is already up. It goes damn fast.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
They put the pressure on when you buy the car to buy these cars more on the warranty than anything else. They must have a huge profit margins. You can really negotiate it down. I though it was worth it to get the wheel and tire warranty as well as protection for all the electronics in these cars. My factory 3 year warranty is already up. It goes damn fast.
The insurance companies definitely run numbers on cost of warranty less payout of claims, per vehicle, else they would not be in business.

The wheel and tire can be a good one, as well as a beefed up version like a road hazard protection which generally covers tires, wheels, windshields, keys, and paint-less dent repair.

The company I purchased my warranty explicitly carves out certain brands and models and even engines, so they must have run the numbers on every vehicle - like Audi and a Corvette are not eligible for a warranty. On top of that they have a two tier pricing model, (1) all cars and (2) a premium vehicle charge, like for a Cadillac, any v10 engine or BMW 5 series, which is twice as expensive as the standard car. Our Hellcat is on the cheap pricing model.

Screenshot_20190924-083448.jpg

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I went with dealer warranty

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I went with MaxCare 8yrs full bumper to bumper plus all drivetrain through FCA directly (not a dealer). It cost me $4200 and was a 0% deal broken up over 24 months. Since I had a Demon though, that would include drag racing (so long as there were no mods). My car is bone stock and will remain that way (including the Nittos) so this works for me. Plus with the SC alone costing more than 10K it made sense.

But maybe the best thing (besides peace of mind) for this particular warranty is that if I don't end up making a claim during the extended portion, I get every penny back once it expires in 2026.

That's a win, win in my book.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I went with MaxCare 8yrs full bumper to bumper plus all drivetrain through FCA directly (not a dealer). It cost me $4200 and was a 0% deal broken up over 24 months. Since I had a Demon though, that would include drag racing (so long as there were no mods). My car is bone stock and will remain that way (including the Nittos) so this works for me. Plus with the SC alone costing more than 10K it made sense.

But maybe the best thing (besides peace of mind) for this particular warranty is that if I don't end up making a claim during the extended portion, I get every penny back once it expires in 2026.

That's a win, win in my book.
That is a huge benefit. So you almost do not want to use the coverage unless you know you have a major repair bill that will exceed $3k+ since you will get 100% back. Make sure you follow the fine print.

The following requirements must be met:
  • No diagnostics or mechanical repairs are performed during the life of the contract.
  • The customer must be in possession of the plan and vehicle at the time of requesting 100% full refund.
  • The contract must expire by time (should the contract expire by mileage first, the customer must wait for it to expire by time before applying for 100% full refund.
  • Customer submits request within 90 days of expiration.
Note: Dealer and residents of the states of Florida, Washington and Wyoming are not eligible to participate in this program

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
That is a huge benefit. So you almost do not want to use the coverage unless you know you have a major repair bill that will exceed $3k+ since you will get 100% back. Make sure you follow the fine print.

The following requirements must be met:
  • No diagnostics or mechanical repairs are performed during the life of the contract.
  • The customer must be in possession of the plan and vehicle at the time of requesting 100% full refund.
  • The contract must expire by time (should the contract expire by mileage first, the customer must wait for it to expire by time before applying for 100% full refund.
  • Customer submits request within 90 days of expiration.
Note: Dealer and residents of the states of Florida, Washington and Wyoming are not eligible to participate in this program
Yep. I read that fine print too...Thankfully I am in Colorado! :)

BTW u CAN have warrantee service and still get the refund if it's under the original factory portion 3/36 or 5/60 dirvetrain.

and yep...any small stuff ill pay out of pocket for sure...only way I use it is if its a biggie..rear end, SC etc...