Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Price increase

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The FREE money and or should I say the FAKE MONEY handed out over the Pandemic has created all this ridiculousness in the car market and other markets as well. Its insane to witness so many paying the ADM which just sends a message to manufacturer they can charge more. Just look at the release of the Hellcat back in 2014 and how the ADM was crazy and people paid it. And yep next model year price increases and so forth and so on.
They can charge more until the banks raise their rates on loans.

Pretty sure that is coming as the fed has indicated 2-3 rate hikes this year.

1.9% new car financing will be 3.9-4.9 me thinks

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
There's no "it has to be this way" bullshit. That may be the only way they'll sell to you, but you can demand other terms and negotiate like the devil. Otherwise, the option is just not to buy. You can't force them to sign something they don't want to while the rest of the market out there is acting like sheep and taking anything they will give them. I once negotiated unlimited new sets of Eagle GTs for a car, including in writing that they would serve them up free even I just drove into the front of the lot and roasted them to the wear bars and then pulled back into the service drive. These guys wanted to sell cars.

I just couldn't do this other stuff, myself. I had the chance to jack my prices during the pandemic, and didn't do it. I raised prices to cover my increased costs, and that was about it. Guess I don't have the killer instinct. At least in business matters.

lauch missiles.gif

Not exactly little Kate, but close enough

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

5 Rate hikes just so you know.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
The FREE money and or should I say the FAKE MONEY handed out over the Pandemic has created all this ridiculousness in the car market and other markets as well. Its insane to witness so many paying the ADM which just sends a message to manufacturer they can charge more. Just look at the release of the Hellcat back in 2014 and how the ADM was crazy and people paid it. And yep next model year price increases and so forth and so on.
It's not the manufacturers adding the ADM, it's the dealers.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
It's not the manufacturers adding the ADM, it's the dealers.
You correctly state the Manufacturers do take into account what people will pay and adjust their future prices accordingly but not to the outrageous point that some of the dealers are charging over and above.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Having bought a new Doge or Ram one a year for ten years all my orders are locked in to a firm price for the vehicle. The trade if there is one is a whole different animal. Pre trade at time of order and you have a set price but who knows how long before you have a car or truck.Longest was my 2019 Hellcat at 4 months.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Printing money is the fastest route to inflation.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Joe did that😂 Let’s go Brandon.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

The Federal rate is the rate at which commercial banks in the US lend to each other overnight. Every commercial bank has a reserve that is required to be kept at Federal Reserve Banks - if a bank has more deposits than it needs, it can lend to another bank that has a shortfall.

The rate you and I pay for loans is far more controlled by the market. Fewer loans and rates will drop, more loand and rates will rise. Supply and demand.