Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

P0106 Code

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Was driving my 2019 Charger Hellcat today and at full throttle got a electronic throttle control error message pop up and the engine MIL light. After parking, reviewed error codes and got P0106 and an email from dodge also warning about the MIL and electronic throttle control. I recently installed a JLT cold air (about 300 miles ago) but didn't see how that could cause an issue. I checked the area just in case and found no dislodged connectors or any noticeable issues. After playing a round of golf with my son (we suck really bad but think its a riot) started the cat back up and drove home. Code and MIL still there but no issues driving the car (didn't appear to be in limp mode but I didn't push it.) Did some research and read my Tech Authority USB service manual. It indicated that P0106 is for Bank 1 MAP sensor located on the right hand side of the intake manifold. It had some troubleshooting instructions but as usual I eliminated the unlikely scenarios and went with the 99% likely problem (unless its a really expensive item then I might screw around a bit more.) Got the PN off the sensor (noticed its made in China) and called my local Dodge dealer parts department to confirm they had one in stock. Drove the cat to pick it up the sensor. Things looked like a big mess at the dealer, was happy to fork over my $60 some dollars rather than let them touch my car. Yep its under warranty and nope not worth saving the money letting them fix it. MIL light and code stayed on through all this. Went home and changed it. One bolt and one connector, took about five minutes (had to find a bit that fit it.) Started the car and the MIL went away but the code is still listed under faults.

So my questions. Will the code eventually clear? I'd rather not do a battery disconnect but if that is what it takes I will. Can I use a cheap scan tool to clear codes via OBDII connector? Is there any issues with doing so on 2018+ models with the security gateway OBDII port protections? Anyone had this code before and want to share? sensor HC.JPG

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had an issue like that sort of with my Durango R/T when I installed my AFE CAI. Like you they weren't touching my vehicle. Did the work and issue resolved I did have to have a buddy that's a mechanic clear it. Saved the receipt in case there was any issues down the road warranty related. Never saw the code again and wasn't an issue.

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Purchased an inexpensive code reader-clearer on Amazon and got the code cleared. Couple days and a fun weekend cruise later and no issues. Glad it was something so easy.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I did something stupid today and got a code. It went into limp mode so pulled over and restarted it went away but check engine light was still on. Made a few stops and 4th start it was gone. I wonder why that happens sometimes and others has to be reset with a reader.

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, with my situation I was hopping that with the issue resolved after a few drive cycles the code would go away. I guess not, maybe it would have stayed in the system forever?

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I have no idea but I'd like to think it would clear eventually. Maybe codes are grouped by severity? Mine was P2127 throttle issue.