Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Oh the Electric change is definitely here and I certainly hope the future Electric owners can dish back all the favors us ICE age owners did.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
GM is on total ELECTRIC movement which in this article is basically saying the big truck suv crowd is going to finance the future Electrification. And for the record us gas guzzler contributors, gas road tax contributors, job infrastructure contributor...etc have truly helped the Electric age come to life. And when the day comes for all these anti ICE vehicle owners that can’t support the auto world as we know it today I hope they look back and pick up the tab on their gift from the ICE age movers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...pay-for-tomorrows-electric-cars-idUSKBN1YE2U7

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Way to go Government Motors...I mean General Motors. I believe they are all going all in with this underlying assumption Government will always be there to help (like Tesla). Too big to fail is here to stay. Government, I need a another bailout...I am saving the planet...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Way to go Government Motors...I mean General Motors. I believe they are all going all in with this underlying assumption Government will always be there to help (like Tesla). Too big to fail is here to stay. Government, I need a another bailout...I am saving the planet...
The only way to save the planet is to lower the population worldwide. Nothing else we do will actually make a difference. Cut carbon in half in the next 50 years great but there will be a few extra billion people adding more carbon back to square one..and so on and so on.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thanos was the good guy.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Is it really though? This so far has proven to be a Niche market at best......

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
EV’s are an interesting movement (except the E Machine Mustang Name). Instant torque and performance is impressive. Where the EV falls flat for me is distance. Until you can get 500 miles out of a charge, and dramatically reduce charging times, I have no interest in owning one.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Part of the reason I bought my Demon was this EV movement. Inevitably it's going to take over. And I wanted to own THE KING KONG-IEST ICE MACHINE EVER BUILT...

So far that plan is looking pretty good...

With this Peugeot merger, I think FCA is done as far as the ALL OUT ICE WARS go...

GM and Ford are DEFINITELY done...

I got mine, and I ain't giving it up!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The only way to save the planet is to lower the population worldwide.
I have some suggestions on where to start with that concept - all politically incorrect of course ! :eek:

I want to know what the (environmentally sound !?) plan is to dispose of all the spent lithium battery packs these EV's use !

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have some suggestions on where to start with that concept - all politically incorrect of course ! :eek:

I want to know what the (environmentally sound !?) plan is to dispose of all the spent lithium battery packs these EV's use !
That is the question nobody in the electric green movement wants to talk about. Electric vehicles are not the answer. Do you want to know what the real answer is.................horses. Horses are the only way for us to get around with no effect on environment. They take you where you want to go. They pull cargo. There fuel is ready available. There byproduct can be used to grow there fuel. You can breed them if you need a new model. You can even eat them if you have too. Would anyone be willing to try this? Not very many. Next best solution to save the planet they came up with is electric cars which will make everything even worse. The economy would crash but the planet would be sustainable and we all know that cash trumps everything. Right now the cash is in electric cars.

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
The only way to save the planet is to lower the population worldwide. Nothing else we do will actually make a difference. Cut carbon in half in the next 50 years great but there will be a few extra billion people adding more carbon back to square one..and so on and so on.
We MUST EAT the babies! We MUST EAT the babies!!! :)

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
We MUST EAT the babies! We MUST EAT the babies!!! :)
No we just have to have less babies. Or allow natural selection to run it's course. Or implement some form of eugenics but that is taboo.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What I don't get is that green house gases cause warming of the planet (global warming). Ok, how about millions of years ago when the dinosaurs died largely due to the meteor strike in New Mexico. They drilled into the Earth and sampled soil, fossils, etc. from the crater. They showed that global temperatures were much higher back then along with water levels, etc. Seems like our planet has cooled from that point in time. Guess the dinosaurs were the ultimate global warming culprits...pretty sure dinosaurs weren't driving ICE vehicles. This whole global warming stuff is pure garbage IMHO.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What I don't get is that green house gases cause warming of the planet (global warming). Ok, how about millions of years ago when the dinosaurs died largely due to the meteor strike in New Mexico. They drilled into the Earth and sampled soil, fossils, etc. from the creator. They showed that global temperatures were much higher back then along with water levels, etc. Seems like our planet has cooled from that point in time. Guess the dinosaurs were the ultimate global warming culprits...pretty sure dinosaurs weren't driving ICE vehicles. This whole global warming stuff is pure garbage IMHO.
That is why they have dropped the name global warming and now use the phrase climate change.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
One more thing, you want to argue EVs are more efficient, etc. thus we should consider this technology...ok. But planet is going to die, etc, etc, etc...please. Our society as a whole couldn't think themselves out of a box. This self righteous, arrogant, ignorant mentality about EVs (not everyone mind you) is annoying as hell...I know a few.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
One more thing, you want to argue EVs are more efficient, etc. thus we should consider this technology...ok. But planet is going to die, etc, etc, etc...please. Our society as a whole couldn't think themselves out of a box. This self righteous, arrogant, ignorant mentality about EVs (not everyone mind you) is annoying as hell...I know a few.
Like I said before the only way to save the planet is to lower the population then go back to living like we did 200 years ago and driving horses. That is the only real way anything else is just horse shit. Pun intended.:D

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
What I don't get is that green house gases cause warming of the planet (global warming). Ok, how about millions of years ago when the dinosaurs died largely due to the meteor strike in New Mexico. They drilled into the Earth and sampled soil, fossils, etc. from the crater. They showed that global temperatures were much higher back then along with water levels, etc. Seems like our planet has cooled from that point in time. Guess the dinosaurs were the ultimate global warming culprits...pretty sure dinosaurs weren't driving ICE vehicles. This whole global warming stuff is pure garbage IMHO.
I can actually answer this one...

It's the RATE of warming that is unprecedented in the climate records (ice cores etc) and the onset correlates closely with the industrial revolution (1800s).

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

It's the RATE of warming that is unprecedented in the climate records (ice cores etc) and the onset correlates closely with the industrial revolution (1800s).
Coincidence, IMO anyway.

This place just may start cooling off quicker than they imagine can happen. Look up what happened the last time water circulated btw the oceans because the ice went away.

You got that exactly correct. Soon, very soon some of those green champs are going to need to answer that question IN PUBLIC. Also they need to understand where the materials come from to make the batteries.

After that they need to answer what they are going to do with the electric system in this country so everyone can charge these things in the evening when everyone gets home. Right now, no flipping way. The sun sets, their solar stops and they need EVEN MORE batteries to attempt to store the solar energy. They discharge in a few short hours. AND THEY ALSO CAN CATCH FIRE UNEXPECTEDLY. The point we are reaching now is that as the sun is up, and the wind blows, we can't use all the electricity produced. Again sometime very, very soon (solar penetration can't increase much more in CA), they will need to understand AND concede we can't run on wind and solar alone. Acres and acres of batteries all over our deserts are not going to be functional, pretty, SAFE, OR ENVIRONMENTALLY good at all. They either let us keep or make more spinning turbine-generators or their air conditioning and other electric shit shuts down about 10pm until the sun comes up again. That is, if they don't explode the grid with too much power during the day!

[popcorn]Y[popcorn][popcorn][popcorn]

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Ok, thanks. So not overall trend, but the rate of change is what is alarming? A lot of the research had forecasts of temperatures by today at 100 degrees farenheit. There may very well be something to this, but not sure of the armageddon sales pitch...which quite frankly turns a lot of folks away. Good discussion all.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What we need are naquadah generators (solved MANY issues on StarGate SG-1 !!):

naq gen.jpg

Yes, yes I realize this was just a TV show, but it's just as viable a solution as anything I've heard yet from the green crew !!