Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New NHRA Jan 1 2024 rules

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am a huge believer in safety and always did more than the bare minimum, but also common sense. This is precisely why I and I am certain many others reach their limit with the nonsense SFI BS, and pull the plug. I got tired of my stuff burning money for no good reason just sitting there. I didn't get out too often, and always was sweating and perturbed when the dates on my perfectly good Meziere billet flexplate, aftermarket trans. case & bell, etc. dates would come up. Sometimes I rolled the dice tech wouldn't look, other times I wasted precious time and money tearing out my perfectly good and basically fresh new driveline stuff just to pay for new stickers. Couldn't deal with it anymore.
Tech is usually hurried and checks the cage, belts, helmet and the safety gear I wear. I’ve even had one ambitious guy make me show him that my neutral safety and electrical shutdown worked. Stuff like the flexplate and trans case dates…. Never. I have pictures on my phone of the SFI tags for those and when they expire, I’ll take pictures of somebody else’s. Lol

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
So wait, can you only order that stuff if you have a demon 170??