Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Need help with Fore Triple pump setup.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Im following the instructions from Fore for setting the fuel pressure of a map referenced configuration. For reference my configuration is using the AAD adapter and routing the line to the map reference port.

7A62BC93-BE5B-449C-881E-6136CBF89B52.jpeg 5E70EF52-EEF4-4881-955A-0C14DB5FBCF4.jpeg

So to start I ran pump 1 from with a jumper and turned the adjustment screw clockwise till I got to 80psi. Then I activated the secondary pumps and noticed a small increase to 83psi and this falls in line with what Fore instructs.

From there I deactivated secondary pumps and brought the fuel pressure down to base which was 50psi. Locked in the jam-nut and cleaned up. I started the car and verified that the fuel pressure has decreased by vacuum. I was seeing -8psi and the fuel pressure was dropped by 8 to ~42psi. Is this expected?

What Im also wondering is that with each psi of positive boost should prevent more fuel through the regulator till it hits 80psi (stock fuel pressure), is that how this works? (I am assuming a diaphragm has more pressure applied to increase the fuel stopped at the regulator creating pressure in the rails.)

I know @zhc @Marc W and @Hatermkr run these fuel regulators. Did I do it right? I was using HP Tuners to read fuel pressure and make adjustments.

I feel like an ass because before I just activated all the pumps and stopped it till 80psi and locked in the jam-nut but now I know why I was making 96psi of fuel pressure, pissing E85 out the injectors and potentially washing ring lands…

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I powered up one pump than I took may vacuum line off set to 58 put line back on and called it done. One goes up one psi per pound of boost.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
This makes more sense, I'll have to re-do it then. Thank you!

I powered up one pump than I took may vacuum line off set to 58 put line back on and called it done. One goes up one psi per pound of boost.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
1676313686495.png

Went back in, activated all 3, saw 83 psi. Dialed it back to base at 60 as base, made a rip hoping that it opened up 1:1 and the pumps are way happier. Ignore FP DC%, that number means nothing to me. That's the ECM calculating what the utilization is based off voltage, since it's PWM it's going full tilt. The real teller for me is Fuel Pressure vs. Duty Cycle. All seems right with the system. I'm going to remove FPDC from my channels as it is not something that matters to me anymore. Once again shout out to @Hatermkr for the right way to do it.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
View attachment 97218

Went back in, activated all 3, saw 83 psi. Dialed it back to base at 60 as base, made a rip hoping that it opened up 1:1 and the pumps are way happier. Ignore FP DC%, that number means nothing to me. That's the ECM calculating what the utilization is based off voltage, since it's PWM it's going full tilt. The real teller for me is Fuel Pressure vs. Duty Cycle. All seems right with the system. I'm going to remove FPDC from my channels as it is not something that matters to me anymore. Once again shout out to @Hatermkr for the right way to do it.
If i was a shop or a big name would have to change you lol.

good thing my name is Jim not Tim

Last edited: