Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mopar Nationals

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I just finished watching a recording of Detroit Muscle (I record the show to watch at my leisure). This episode was the trip to the Mopar Nationals of their Hellcat powered 69 Dodge Charger. A fine example of the Charger and I imagine many of you can finally get excited about an M6 powered Hellcat Charger... lol, but my real point is seeing the Mopar Nationals reminded me when I attended - I've been twice from the West Coast - once taking my 72 Barracuda and once flying in to check it out. I know many of you are closer than I am to Ohio and many of you are Mopar fans like I am.
Have any of you gone to the Nationals - either recently or in the past?
What was your perception of the cars and racing?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't know. Never been there,,,,,,,, but,, but I can tell you about my experience of TODAY. I would had loved to gone to the Mopar Nationals rather what happened today. Ok, glad you asked at 11:30 Sunday night. I new you couldn't hold back. I, yes me, invited me, myself, and I to a car show today. Started yesterday. I talked my neighbor, ok, bribed my neighbor, into waxing my car with ceramic spray on after already washed and cleaned with micro fiber brand new towels. Yes, tripled cleaned. While I slaved from my beach chair with a beer in hand. He was doing a very good job coming from a n owner of a 442 and an owner of a turbo 1982 Buick sumtin. Think maybe a Gran National or sumtin or nother. Spent 3.5 hours at this show that had 22 cars in it. One or 2 of the participants were a 1994 and 1996 stock white no thrills corvettes. Oh wow shake my flops. 15 trophy's and 10 over the counter prizes, in which I was 1 of 10 to obtain one. Great, 10 free burgers to Culvers hamburger joint coming to a person that doesn't eat meat. To put it lightly, I invited sum friends to come and watch me win grand prize after sitting next to a 1985 5.0 piece of crap dual sun roofed mustang, 3 different colors. Not the best, the ottah side of me was a 1932 ford PU, nice, but////. I got beat out by a 1982 Opel. OMG an Opel you say,, yes Opel.When I left, there were at least 30 people standing in front of my car snickering. Then they demanded a burn out on a cold tires and cold engine with 20 people that demanded to get run over by a car worth more than their whole neighborhoods houses are worth,,, even more than their 15 hooters daughters over 18 are valued at. My 2 tee shirts I bought with Hickster on it, are worth more tan their retiment accounts and their 18 year old Hooter daughters from Pinellas Cooter Park, Fl. These people all 30 of em demanded a burn out from me and run over the 20 hot dog pop cornfeasting on a diet people I will never see again,, so I did. Not only once but 3 times after the tires warmed up after I had 6 non diet non speaking anglish idiots stuck to my tires. Now I will have to bribe the neighbor to pressure wash them off. 3 more trips to the Wing House where the other cousins work.Bad car show or just me???

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
By the way,,, you fine people I will meet in Adel, Ga owe me $40 for the T shirts I bought today with Hickster on it so you can place the mouthy one with a beautiful face I own.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did you get any pictures?
Would love to see them!
And yea, you're not gonna have fun cleaning that rubber of the rear inner wheel wells….

Lilschmied

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nowhereville
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I used to go to the nats every year(even those few years it was in indy), until about 2012. At that point the swap meet was all but dead and the crowds were down. The racing was the only draw and at the time I couldn't justify the gate price or the 8 hour ride. Haven't been back since and most of the guys we used to see there don't go anymore either. Can't say I ever had a bad time there but I don't invest the time anymore.

If you like motorcycles the AMA museum is pretty nice for a few hour detour.

Sure don't miss those Kirkersville cops though...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
If you want to go East to a very nice and organized National Mopar meet, you should go to the All-Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA this July. You won’t be disappointed

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
If you want to go East to a very nice and organized National Mopar meet, you should go to the All-Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA this July. You won’t be disappointed
Did Chryslers at Carlisle for quite a few years while restoring my Roadrunner. Always a good spot for parts, and tons of beautiful cars. Great folks there as well. I won a plaque there for fan favorite, or something like that, the first year my car was completed around 2003. Haven't been back since. Maybe this summer?

OP
72 440 Barracuda

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
I do have Carlisle on the bucket list, I just don't know when yet..