Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

M&H 185/50R18 FRONT

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Is anyone running these on their front wheels? https://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-Tires/M-H-Front-Runner/185-50R18-FRONT I just stold my 18" RaceStars locally with Sportsman S/R. The S/R is a heavy ass tire and I'm looking to replace them with something lighter. I saw these on the site in research and was wondering if anyone has an honest opinion of them? For reference they are going on my new ForgeStar D5 18x5 wheels. Pics of said wheels...

699137BC-2610-4E48-B115-5EBC94692FA0.jpeg 77446965-28B9-4CB3-A62D-B3F216BF69E3.jpeg
Puppers was very angry when I had to explain they were for the cat, not him…
389124B0-C745-4584-A61F-FFEE6B2209E3.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
On my '13 mustang I started off with some Phoenix front runners. I thought I may run them on the street more so I went to the M/T radial and like you said they were heavy, 20 pounds more total.

I run the M&H bias ply on my car (MSS-025) which are 28". I see those you are asking about are only 26" tall. 26" look funny on our cars plus being a radial I don't think it will be lighter then the bias ply. I drive my car from the house to the track on them (25 miles) along with the drag radials on and it drives fine.

Hoosier has a tire that is even lighter then mine but I don't know if it is DOT approved which mine are. In the NMCA Hemi shootout one of the rules is you have to run DOT approved tires

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I agree with said above. I’m gonna bias for the fronts. I always thought you couldn’t mix the two but that must mean no bias in the rear and radial in the front.
I used @vortecd front runners and they drove fine.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
tread pattern looks like a directional snow tire.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have experience with both the 28” M&H and the M/T Sportsman. The M&H is 10 lbs lighter per tire. For the track….. the M&H steers beautifully in a straight line. Very little input to keep the car on line under power. On the street they suck. It feels like the tire is going to lay over and peel off the wheel at anything faster than slow cornering, and braking also sucked. I actually locked them up coming to a unexpected quick stop on the street. One consideration is they are not rated for the 4500 lb weight of a Hellcat. Not even close. Of coarse many are running them and there has never been a issue as far as I know. I went to the Sportsman because I was driving the car on the street with frontrunners and also running the half mile at 185 mph with hard braking at the end. The Sportsman is a much better (safer) tire in my opinion for that. My car is much lighter now and will only be used for 1/4 mile with a chute. So…. I’m looking at light weight brake choices to get rid of the stock boat anchors and I’ll probably go with one of the lighter tires to dump that extra 20 lbs of rolling weight too. Either back to the M&H or possibly Hoosiers.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have experience with both the 28” M&H and the M/T Sportsman. The M&H is 10 lbs lighter per tire. For the track….. the M&H steers beautifully in a straight line. Very little input to keep the car on line under power. On the street they suck. It feels like the tire is going to lay over and peel off the wheel at anything faster than slow cornering, and braking also sucked. I actually locked them up coming to a unexpected quick stop on the street. One consideration is they are not rated for the 4500 lb weight of a Hellcat. Not even close. Of coarse many are running them and there has never been a issue as far as I know. I went to the Sportsman because I was driving the car on the street with frontrunners and also running the half mile at 185 mph with hard braking at the end. The Sportsman is a much better (safer) tire in my opinion for that. My car is much lighter now and will only be used for 1/4 mile with a chute. So…. I’m looking at light weight brake choices to get rid of the stock boat anchors and I’ll probably go with one of the lighter tires to dump that extra 20 lbs of rolling weight too. Either back to the M&H or possibly Hoosiers.
I have had no issues with mine on the street.. I don't go around corners fast and I can't tell the difference from the stockers driving back and forth to the track. Had them on the Challenger last weekend in the rain and they did fine. Will be driving the Challenger to the track with them today

20211030_100655.jpg

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Cool you found them. Jegs is showing 1/5/22
look to be about same weight as the M&H mss-025

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Research led me to these:
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-front

View attachment 57491

Radial construction, 7lbs lighter per tire. Got them and will have them on wheels come Wednesday. Will be doing a test n' tune with them on Friday.
Nice, I've looked at these b4, let us know how they do, track & street.
The thing that would be worrisome for street use is the max load rating 1140 compared to 1650 on the SR.
On a NA challenger I'm sure their fine but with the heavier HC car & engine those tires may be pushing the max load for the street.
The SR was specifically designed for the HC in mind for max load.

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Watching

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
How’d you end up liking these? There are no m&h dealers around me and I don’t want to pay shipping. So that leaves Hoosier which isn’t dot approved. Which I don’t care about but if I ever want to run an event it may matter.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Nice, I've looked at these b4, let us know how they do, track & street.
The thing that would be worrisome for street use is the max load rating 1140 compared to 1650 on the SR.
On a NA challenger I'm sure their fine but with the heavier HC car & engine those tires may be pushing the max load for the street.
The SR was specifically designed for the HC in mind for max load.
How’d you end up liking these? There are no m&h dealers around me and I don’t want to pay shipping. So that leaves Hoosier which isn’t dot approved. Which I don’t care about but if I ever want to run an event it may matter.
They are just fine. If youre worried about load rating then get the S/R, I’m not, heres why. M&H doesnt post a load rating on their website for their DOT radial. Hoosier doesnt post a load rating on their website for their DOT radial. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I drove to Cecil and back which is 63 miles each way, made multple passes and even got this beautiful picture.

2634D892-CD04-46E0-A2E3-61D2EDB21245.jpeg
Had zero issues at the track. Proper inflation plus driving like a normal human and you will have no problems. Would I daily them? No.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX