Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Intercooler pump how much volume

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
Sitting around board today looking at the stock intercooler pump on the bench and thought why not pull it apart and I was shocked to see how big the propellor was this thing must pump a lot of water to the Super Charger

Attachments

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I think you were bored, not unless you were sitting on a board contemplating the efficiency of the pump :LOL: In all reality depending on the pump speed and the specific gravity of the coolant solution. It looks like that impeller would pump less than 4 GPM @ 1100 rpm, but who knows if that DC pump motor is constant speed or variable. my guess it is constant speed to keep the cost down. If you trimmed the diameter down it would have more effect on head and power consumption than changing the actual flow capacity of the pump,

OP
Chuck

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
Thread Starter #3
Got to love people when you make a mistake.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Chuck, I wouldn't blame you for the mistake, it's that damned auto correct at it again ! It's just funny how we don't catch it when we're typing it o_O

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The Intercooler pump has two? speeds at least.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The stock inner cooler does have 2 speeds. Now, you beez talkin to the pump kang. I have been out of my mind fera couple of ears, excuse ma for the temp insanity. You are in a discusion with the critter responsible for the mass production of the pump innter cooler run off of the R134A stock coolant. Have been out sum where's, so where did this go? Any where or the pricing too far off?? I saw that before I turned into the 7th man on Marzs. I found a company in Austrilia that can make these inexpensively IF you install them yourself. I found the price went from $6,000 to $18,000 real fast fer no reason. PARTS MARK UPS. Bastards. Now. Ass the years fly by. Back in 2006 or later, the Camero had the best times on the track against all autos in it's class,, ferraris, lambos ect. Because it was using 6 intercoolers to produce it's HP. Unheard of,,, still. With that many, you need GPMs, power, resivoirs,,, Ug, paddles and so ons. Not practicale, but effective.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
God, people must love me.