Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

If You Ever Needed An Excuse To Drive Your Hellcat

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Here you go:

Seems weird not to drive your car, eh? Fortunately the LA/LX platform can be dumbed down and used without all the still systems that will fail. The UConnect threads are a pretty good indication that this problem will show up - and also why I didn't get NAV in my car. Or an auto. Or cooled seats. Or a sun roof. Or 18 speakers. And yet there is a bigger concern about PPF and ceramic coating plus the fear of mileage/financial loss mental paralysis.

I am extremely fortunate to have the wherewithal to build and modify a modern car (soup to nuts) - and I fully expect to de-tech this Hellcat of mine in time. This is also why I have my semi-analogue toys at home too.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Bah. This guy is right out of the 60’s. This has all been said back then. “We are at a pinnacle...we cant do anything further...it cant last...blah blah blah”. 400hp was ludicrous back then, advancing beyond that was unthinkable. FF to 2015.
Next thing he’ll post is how man will never go to the moon and how there’s a technology conspiracy to keep modern society down lol.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #3
Bah. This guy is right out of the 60’s. This has all been said back then. “We are at a pinnacle...we cant do anything further...it cant last...blah blah blah”. 400hp was ludicrous back then, advancing beyond that was unthinkable. FF to 2015.
Next thing he’ll post is how man will never go to the moon and how there’s a technology conspiracy to keep modern society down lol.
I think you missed the point. He's saying we've potentially reached a point of diminishing returns with respect to the driving experience and technology; and making an effort to enjoy the tech you do have now before it becomes obsolete. Sitting on any new car as an investment is a fool's errand; especially as they degrade in their bubble wrap prisons. 3300 virtually unused Demons are an example of the speculators ruining the experience for all parties.

Casey is a pretty insightful chap.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I think you missed the point. He's saying we've potentially reached a point of diminishing returns with respect to the driving experience and technology; and making an effort to enjoy the tech you do have now before it becomes obsolete. Sitting on any new car as an investment is a fool's errand; especially as they degrade in their bubble wrap prisons. 3300 virtually unused Demons are an example of the speculators ruining the experience for all parties.

Casey is a pretty insightful chap.
He made a few points actually. Addressing investment returns on new car purchases was def in there.
The thing that jumped out at me was the 70’s regurgitation though. If you can somehow apply history to his argument about enjoying it before it’s gone, better things are coming and no one will miss these cars in the long run. I mean there’s no way I even remotely would rather have an old muscle car over a Hellcat now. Granted it took 40 years lol. But thankfully we have technology now that is advancing at a much quicker pace than then as well. And back in the 70’s they were all saying the good old days were gone. Maybe somehow the future will repeat the past in that way. I’m not afraid lol.