Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Idle Start/Stop Systems...LOL

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
That crap has gotta suck. 😳

Since they don't install it in most performance vehicles, this "phenomenon" kinda got past me. It wasn't until sitting in traffic at a light and the car next to me turned off. Light goes green. Car cranks up and goes. 😂

I think what really pisses people off is for most applications it's hard to deactivate. On my friends 20' Rubicon, you have turn it off upon every ignition.

I've yet to run into ANYBODY that likes the 'feature'.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I read somewhere that if those settings were used in the EPA testing, the car has to start in that mode.
I had a rental F-150 that was like that and my Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 will not 'default' to my 'personal' trans/steering settings.
Our Hellcats are the same (defaults to std @ start-up). Surprisingly my Durango holds the ECO off (disables MDS) !

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #3
It's not a feature on my 20' DSRT thankfully.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have it on my Ram. Honestly I wouldn't have ordered it but it doesn't bother me like I thought it would.
The collision avoidance and adaptive cruise bother me WAY more. Sure you can turn off the collision avoidance but you end up with lights in the dash.
First world problems I guess.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
LOL if my hellcat had that option, the people behind me would HATE it! Can you imagine...mid muffler delete starting and stopping in rush hour traffic :ROFLMAO:

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
It's annoying on my wife's Jeep, but on my new Hemi Ram the eTorque system is relatively seamless. Unfortunately, for all the complexity of eTorque, it doesn't help real world economy at all. It's all for the EPA tests/window sticker.