Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many here feel the waxes and other so called paint protection products are more hype than reality?

How long does your wax last with your car parked outside

• 1 month

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 2 months

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 3 months

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 4 months or longer

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Both the Cat & 'Rango needed waxing a few weeks ago and it was just too damn hot here, so I took them to a local detailer who used Ceramic Pro. Opted for the basic coating - their "Sport" stuff.
So far, not really impressed. Bugs are just as hard to get off as before and washing is about the same.

I plan to stick to my tried & true Klassie (All-in-One followed with the grey bottle stuff on the next wash) + P&S Beadmaker from time to time.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I think the wax thing is also a product of your environment. In Florida it was pollen in the Spring and of course the rain in the Summer, and how long your cars sat out in rain or Sun for the protection.

Out here in Nevada, it's all about the dust. That damn Brown dust. 😳😠

If I was garaging fulltime and/or showing cars constantly, I might take the wax on wax off thing more seriously, but not anymore.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Dust... it is god foresaken

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
Before my car was wrapped, I would wax it weekly or biweekly with butter wax by chemical guys, works pretty well, but all of the wax solutions I've used are about the same. I would do ceramic coat over monthly waxing, graphene possibly

Member ID
Reactions
City
Punta Gorda
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Scat Pack Shaker
Over the years I've tried so many wax's and found them all wanting . The really good one's are hard to apply and then there is the build up issue. Then a few year ago a car detail-er nut friend of mine turned me onto Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish. Once I started using this waxless polymer product I never looked back. Using this on the front of my car, double coats makes FL bug splatter a easy off solution. Also this product works on plastic and leather interior trim.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M49...automotive&sprefix=fast+finish,aps,322&sr=1-2

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I have found/used a lot of good products over the years but, my cars are always parked inside unless I'm shopping, eating out, doing a car show or cars & coffee. I also never drive in the rain and it does not snow where I live so.... :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have found/used a lot of good products over the years but, my cars are always parked inside unless I'm shopping, eating out, doing a car show or cars & coffee. I also never drive in the rain and it does not snow where I live so.... :)
unlike many others on here...there is a place in Heaven for you...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Glasses??? I wood say a welding hood fer all. Poor sand had to with stand that?? Poor crabs.