Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hi Introduction.....................sreferee

sreferee

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Hi,

I joined the hellcat Forum 2 days ago. I turned 60 the beginning of July. I owned 2 Roadrunners, a 1970 383 4 speed back in 1775 for 3 years, then I bought a 1973 Roadrunner 400 CI automatic and owned that until 1979. in 1980 I got out of the Navy and bought a white Challenger a 1972 slant 6 automatic, and transferred the original rims from the 1793 roadrunner onto that. It looked great, and ran so good you had to rev the engine to tell if the car was on or not. I loved that Challenger. I sold it hen I got out of school, and re-bought another 1972 roadrunner, 400 CI automatic all over again. Then I joined Hewlett Packard Co. and was given my first company car of many. So I sold my roadrunner because all it did was sit in the parking lot. Now I got free gas, insurance, and maintenance with the company car. So for the past 36 & 1/2 years I've been driving bland sedans and station wagons, only to select the color every few years. I'm NOT COMPLAINING HERE AT ALL!!!, but I never got a chance to buy a new car let alone one that I wanted to buy to drive for fun or enjoyment. Then about 2006 or so when I saw the challengers announced, I put a picture of one up on my laptop as my background, and when anyone asked me I'd tell them that SOMEDAY,I'd own one. Well, SOMEDAY finally has come, and I made the bold move to buy the car I've wanted for a long time. A fun to drive, a feel alive MUSCLE CAR, and the Hellcat sure fits the bill! I looked for a white pearlcoat one with a black premium interior for quite a while, no luck within 700 miles. Then I expanded my colors to include sublime and billet silver. The local dealer had a sublime hellcat with 10K miles on it, heavily raced, and on the lot filthy. I wondered yuk, who had this and never took care of it. Well I took it for a drive and opened it up on the local highway a few times, once up to 140 MPH. but the g force wasn't very exhilarating. I thought Hmmm maybe the supercharger filter was clogged or something. When I went in to negotiate price the sales person said 70K firm, so I walked. I'd also driven a brand new SRT there the same day and the G force I got from that was far more than the Hellcat. Weird. Anyway I was glad I walked away.
Then I kept looking and found a bright white one in North Carolina, and Illinois, but they were 72K-73K new. A few days later I Billet Silver Hellcat in Troy Michigan caught my eye listed for 70K with 4 miles on it, i.e. brand new, so I called the dealership. He came down another 1K so I agreed to buy it. It's fully loaded with the satin black hood and black laguna interior I wanted, and the billet silver is light so it'll contrast well with the black tires & rims, hood, and sunroof. It had the all season tires which I also preferred because I live in Pennsylvania, and it'll allow longer driving time this year. I purchased a full size spare tire & matching srt rim, for the ride home and the trip to Virginia I have planned for the week after ( these 2 trips will cover my 1000 mile break-in ) I plan to drive it in echo mode ewww boring from Michigan to Pennsylania, but I've seen on youtube where one test driver got 25 miles per gallon that way. I'm purchasing a Go-Pro Camera in case anything interesting comes up during the trip but right after the break-in period I may liven it up a bit. I'll probably drive her more in the first 6 months than I will ever. I have a company car and a 2004 Ford Explorer for the winter, so the Hellcat will be resting in the garage waiting to prowl the roads in the beginning of spring!

Well I hope that does it good enough for an introduction, as you can guess I am more than excited for next Monday August 29th to roll around!!

See you everybody!

Bob

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome