Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat does it again

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
My kids had an event and both wanted the Hellcat. I normally have them wait in front of the Hellcat while I fire it up and back out (garage is a little tight for them to get in). While i was getting in my 8 year old says to my 5 year old to plug his ears. I fire up and my 8 year old has his hand covering both ears and my 5 year has he hands by his side. Both have the normal cold start admiration grin. Wish I got the picture.

Mind you, I have not said one thing to influence them on the Hellcat. My 5 year sometimes zones out when the Hellcat is on as he loves the exhaust. Funny thing how cars speak to us in different ways. Hope my kids continue to have great memories as their future cars will most likely not speak to them in the same way.

Did you guys notice the new Mustang Mach E ad:

"Don't have to be loud to be heard." Or something like that.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Mine were 3 and 5 when I got mine, now 5 and 7.... they still love it. They get it, and it drives their mother crazy :)
Same can be said for the motorcycle, they have it in their blood. I'll die knowing I did something right.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Mine were 3 and 5 when I got mine, now 5 and 7.... they still love it. They get it, and it drives their mother crazy :)
Same can be said for the motorcycle, they have it in their blood. I'll die knowing I did something right.
Some things in life don't take any words, politics, or biases to convince. Use all your senses to experience the World around you. The Hellcat for one doesn't disappoint...you feel alive when you are one with it...that is a beautiful thing.

Went to the 2019 Miramar airshow and before one of the Marine aerial and ground demonstrations the announcer said the ground units have called for air support (F-18s & F-35) and we were about to see a whole lot of America. Don't have all my pictures here...but this is living with all the senses on fire.

Blue Angeles.jpg

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
This is from back in July...

Proud Papa Moment #84838

While we were loading up for martial arts, and the TBSS was warming up, this conversation happened:
Tatiana (standing up from crouching behind the rear bumper): Daddy, another reason I don't you to sell the Trailblazer is because that is my favourite smell.
Me: Oh?! You mean the exhaust?
Tatiana: Yes, I love the way it smells. Are you going to make the new car (the Hellcat) smell like this?
Me: Maybe. But, the good news is the wagon and Monte Carlo will always smell like that.
Tatiana: Okay, that's good.

She used to obsess over the smell of WD-40. Now it is unspent hydrocarbons.

I love raising little motorheads.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY