Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Grey cat at the track in the heat.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I haven't really been very active lately.
Lots going on with family and working more than usual.
I figured I would share my outing last weekend in the worst conditions I have run in.
I have been bracket racing the last few weeks for a new challenge.
I keep red lighting.🤪 Trying to figure out why I realized that all last year I had my front sway bar out.
Now I have had 3 perfect lights so far which is cool. But I have been red lighting more than half the time.🤦‍♂️
I took my sway bar out and went to the track on Saturday. In practice I cut a .003, .026, .069 and a red -.018.
I have to leave after the second of 3 yellows go out. I guess I get impatient. LOL
The weather was stupid hot for up here in June. Air density online had it in the mid 80's, the car read 96f and a thermometer in a trailer read 102f.
By the time eliminations started at 2pm I was feeling like crap. I couldn't focus and left early by .170 🤣🤣.
The car couldn't cool down much but still managed to run around 10.82 all day. With a best of 10.78 and the worst was 10.86 in the first round that I red lit in. The mph was way down at 126 on that pass. Judging by my logs from weeks before that was likely largely due to the car going into cat over temp in a big way, and the heat of course.
The a bit of a mystery. The track app had it around 1700', air density online had it at 2500' but had the temp at 10-20f low. I now have a kestrel 5100 to get the DA from.
Here is a video hopefully that was posted of my first round loss. As well as a screenshot of a pass and the density app from that run.
I figured I would share a less than stellar performance for a change. LOL
Screenshot_20200620-121916_Racing Slips.jpg Screenshot_20200620-121818_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Hey at least you are out there having fun!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Hey at least you are out there having fun!
Yes there is that. Could be worse right. Hopefully you get sorted out quickly.
Funny I have a dial in board and had to dial in 3 tenths slower than the week before. That seemed like allot.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Yes there is that. Could be worse right. Hopefully you get sorted out quickly.
Funny I have a dial in board and had to dial in 3 tenths slower than the week before. That seemed like allot.
Even if it does get sorted out, Uncle Sam has ensured that I’ll never go back to the track this year. Oh well...