Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Getting rid of redeye

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So your modified 4wd BMW is a little quicker than your stock redeye. I believe it, especially on the street, but I'm just curious why that makes you want your redeye less than what made you purchase it in the first place? Wont break my heart if you sell it, and a large back seat must not be a priority(which is why we get the Charger right, otherwise we all should have Challengers!), but a RWD big power/motor car is a special thing and you already have one, probably paid a good $ on it knowing you too, but if this helps roll you into that twin turbo V10 Lambo I know I can't hold that against you. I just see these Mopars as something cooler than the BMWs, but I am a little bit of a white redneck Joe Dirt lol
My neck aint sunburn...but I do agree with you..(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Different strokes for different folks.

I'm very happy right where I'm at, all those exotics are nice to look at, very nice in fact, but they aren't for me.

I was just at my brother's house in Utah, and his neighbor had a Ferrari that he's selling. When asked why, he said something to the affect of, "I wished for my childhood hero, then I met him and learned he's an asshole."

I've heard so many people say similar things, once they get in them, own them, they find out the truth, firsthand.

You make a couple thousand of something, you only learn so much, you make a few hundred-thousand, sometimes even a million, and you learn a lot more, and you can do continuous improvement. Say what you will about Dodge and the like, but they are generally reliable vehicles, and when they do break, they can be repaired for far less, usually right in my garage, by me.

Are they perfect? No, but they are the right balance of price, quality and performance, and I get to waive my fan-boi American flag too! ;)

:cool:
Your most on point...lucid post I've ever heard you make...:)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
My neck aint sunburn...but I do agree with you..(y)
Come on out to visit New Mexico and we can take care of that in about an hour! ;) Food is real good here too, @Jimmy N. is buying!

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Things dope

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I'm very happy right where I'm at, all those exotics are nice to look at, very nice in fact, but they aren't for me.

I was just at my brother's house in Utah, and his neighbor had a Ferrari that he's selling. When asked why, he said something to the affect of, "I wished for my childhood hero, then I met him and learned he's an asshole."

I've heard so many people say similar things, once they get in them, own them, they find out the truth, firsthand.

You make a couple thousand of something, you only learn so much, you make a few hundred-thousand, sometimes even a million, and you learn a lot more, and you can do continuous improvement. Say what you will about Dodge and the like, but they are generally reliable vehicles, and when they do break, they can be repaired for far less, usually right in my garage, by me.

Are they perfect? No, but they are the right balance of price, quality and performance, and I get to waive my fan-boi American flag too! ;)

:cool:
I see some of the euro stuff and I will look walking past but take me to a dodge dealership and I will stare at the same scat packs and hellcats in different colors.
I was going to get a 1st gen viper gts about 20 years ago. Figured I could sell my mustang and take out a loan. A friend of mine that I didn't even know wanted one showed up with one. For some reason at that point I didn't want one any longer. I rode in his a few times and it was cool but the desire was gone. His also ran mid 10s with a blower on it but was still over a second slower then the car I was going to sale. I rode in the last viper and again kinda cool but rode like a go cart, no for me

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Food is real good here too, @Jimmy N. is buying!
That'll work...if you're on a diet.

I'm saving for that '69 El Camino I want, but don't need. Found a really clean '68 396 SS in CA, haven't heard back from the seller yet. Hope it's nowhere near as nice as it looks, has rust, a noisy rear axle, and needs an engine.

That way it'll save me from buying it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That'll work...if you're on a diet.

I'm saving for that '69 El Camino I want, but don't need. Found a really clean '68 396 SS in CA, haven't heard back from the seller yet. Hope it's nowhere near as nice as it looks, has rust, a noisy rear axle, and needs an engine.

That way it'll save me from buying it.
If you didnt buy it you would just spend your money on something silly like a chevy..... oh wait:unsure:

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Here’s one for @MikeD1 IMG_9868.jpeg IMG_9869.jpeg IMG_9866.jpeg

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'd take it for 1/2 MSRP, but only because it would be an easy sell & I could make $$ from the deal.

Also, I believe that's a Jenkins owned store making it a double, hard NO !!!

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I'd take it for 1/2 MSRP, but only because it would be an easy sell & I could make $$ from the deal.

Also, I believe that's a Jenkins owned store making it a double, hard NO !!!
It’s owned by Morgan @MikeD1 but here’s the bottom line! IMG_9867.jpeg

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Any dealer that tacks on one of these 'advantage' things needs to be avoided with a vengeance !! The only advantage is to their profit, I mean, look at that list of absolute crap they are providing - MAYBE worth $250 (assuming you wanted it) ?? Also don't forget they will still be tacking on a dealer 'prep' fee (or 2), registration & titling fees all of which will total another $1500 - $1800.

$130k for a Durango - :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: especially in light of them being unwilling/unable to fix any of the 10 (and growing) documented issues in the 6 months I had the '23 DDSRT :poop:

Like I said, I'll give 'em $60k only because I know I can dump it quick for $90k & make a few bucks ...................

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Speaking of dealer prep.

I'm ashamed that I didn't get to it earlier, but today I finally removed the damn locking lug nuts on my girlfriend's "new" GT, bought with 172 miles on it.

Well, three of them were basically finger tight, one at maybe 50 ft.lbs. Been too busy, but that one is going on the lift tomorrow, which it should have the day it was delivered.

I'm fully expecting finding at least one fluid level low. Usually it's the rear diff. The only vehicle that had all correct fluid levels in the past couple of years was the Durango.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Speaking of dealer prep.

I'm ashamed that I didn't get to it earlier, but today I finally removed the damn locking lug nuts on my girlfriend's "new" GT, bought with 172 miles on it.

Well, three of them were basically finger tight, one at maybe 50 ft.lbs. Been too busy, but that one is going on the lift tomorrow, which it should have the day it was delivered.

I'm fully expecting finding at least one fluid level low. Usually it's the rear diff. The only vehicle that had all correct fluid levels in the past couple of years was the Durango.
My stupid '23 F150, when I did the first oil change at 2k, I checked everything and the rear diff was only half full! I filled it, told the dealer, and they refused to put it in the record. They couldn't care less! NEVER trust the mfr or dealer! OR ANYONE! This is why I do all the maintenance I can on my vehicles.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This GT wasn't the first vehicle with the wheel lock option that had loose ones. I think it was my '21 GT that was the same way. It came from a different dealer - although both in Michigan.

And oddly enough, I've found regular lug nuts unevenly torqued. Not even sure how they can achieve that with the machines they use at the factories.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Driving back from the dealer after inspections the wife commented about the two C8's on the Dodge dealer’s lot. I opined that Chev was trying to make cars in the Ferrari image. My guess is early adopters are finding out they are not as fast as they had hoped. I have seen C8’s at the dragway and Land Speed Trials and they severely disappoint. Maybe the ZO6 will do better.

I have to wonder if the C8 might become a maintenance nightmare approaching the Ferrari.

So far, I have not the slightest thought about selling my HC, and if I did, I have no idea what I would get as a replacement, other than a 3/4T truck. I’m in for the duration!

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
This GT wasn't the first vehicle with the wheel lock option that had loose ones. I think it was my '21 GT that was the same way. It came from a different dealer - although both in Michigan.

And oddly enough, I've found regular lug nuts unevenly torqued. Not even sure how they can achieve that with the machines they use at the factories.
Buy a torque wrench! And use it frequently! It provides great reassurance!

I have 3 trailers and 5 vehicles, I do a lot of torquing! I don’t like it, but it makes me happy to know everything is right! ;)

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Any dealer that tacks on one of these 'advantage' things needs to be avoided with a vengeance !! The only advantage is to their profit, I mean, look at that list of absolute crap they are providing - MAYBE worth $250 (assuming you wanted it) ?? Also don't forget they will still be tacking on a dealer 'prep' fee (or 2), registration & titling fees all of which will total another $1500 - $1800.

$130k for a Durango - :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: especially in light of them being unwilling/unable to fix any of the 10 (and growing) documented issues in the 6 months I had the '23 DDSRT :poop:

Like I said, I'll give 'em $60k only because I know I can dump it quick for $90k & make a few bucks ...................
wow thats as much as an X5M competition

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

Tire had a flat?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Buy a torque wrench! And use it frequently! It provides great reassurance!

I have 3 trailers and 5 vehicles, I do a lot of torquing! I don’t like it, but it makes me happy to know everything is right! ;)
One thing I find interesting is that if I change wheels on a vehicle they have to be retorqued afterwards. If a dealer or tire store installs them it's not necessary.

Trailers are even worse. They want you to retorque those numerous times in the first 500 miles, then every time the trailer is used.

In either case, I don't. And haven't had any issues yet.