Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Geoff Turk Crashes During Testing

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I hate to see that happen to such a nice car, especially since Geoff clearly stepped up to the plate and is doing his part to try to help this new NHRA class off the ground.
Sounds like it was definitely a lesson learned for him and it's good to hear that he's already got it being repaired.
Best of luck to him and his group this season. I'm excited to see what these cars can do.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
He said the the carbon fiber brakes started the whole thing. Maybe but…. What I did see in the video was him missing the chute lever and turning the steering wheel in the process of trying to find it. He even looked up and that’s when he inadvertently turned the steering wheel. This is exactly what started the crash with our blue car. A lack of driver seat time in that car and trying to locate the chute lever where you have to reach for it. I experienced missing that the first time I did it under real conditions. That’s why I now have a CO2 launcher that uses a button on the steering wheel. I don’t have to take my hand off the wheel. EB9F8C4F-9418-4E43-B6E5-98710CBAA422.jpeg 00FE5961-F129-4351-BC1D-F8AF7401E90C.jpeg

Last edited: