Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Future of the 6.2 Hemi

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
And let's not forget cow farts ...... They are a huge contributor to emissions!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
ICE is not going anywhere. The big lie of electric cars is if we were to replace all the cars today with electric cars there would not be enough resources to produce them all. Number two the grid cannot support every car being charged. Also where does all this extra charging power come from?
Have you ever seen infrastructure built or maintained using purely electric power? Hippies better start digging Hobbit holes out of the sides of the Hollywood hill - by hand and as ironically as possible.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Yup places like California barley have the power to keep all the lights on. Imagine every person there buys a electric car? Does this really save the environment?
All my life in California I've heard conserve energy, water, etc. They do nothing to expand power grid or build new water infrastructure projects. But they WILL build a stupid high speed train and push for EVs that the power infrastructure cannot handle.

Cannot make this stuff up.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Here is another thought .....
It's a 20 hour drive for me to visit my parents in a fossil fuel driven vehicle....... How long would it take to get there in a electric vehicle? A week each way?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
What about places like Africa and China that do nothing about pollution and the environment? I believe they still use leaded gasoline!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What about places like Africa and China that do nothing about pollution and the environment? I believe they still use leaded gasoline!

Your forgetting India and a lot of other countries. The hard truth is that if every country lived like us the planet would be destroyed. Sounds horrible but instead of trying to industrialize the whole world to live like us we must accept the fact that it is not possible. If everyone had what you have the world would be over.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Your forgetting India and a lot of other countries. The hard truth is that if every country lived like us the planet would be destroyed. Sounds horrible but instead of trying to industrialize the whole world to live like us we must accept the fact that it is not possible. If everyone had what you have the world would be over.
I don't understand why Canada and the United States have to "save the earth" when there is another 2/3's of the globe destroying it. Shouldn't they be held accountable.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I don't understand why Canada and the United States have to "save the earth" when there is another 2/3's of the globe destroying it. Shouldn't they be held accountable.
Ever fought a war over resources and resource management with an EV military? There are no "time-outs" once your cross the LD... and the enemy will damn sure exploit you while you conduct a "battery swap" or "recharge pause", and curb stomp you into oblivion while rolling coal up and down your ass. There is no one holding the developing world to task on these matters beyond political posturing and tariffs (which only impacts the lowest economic level).

Be damn appreciative that you share a southern border with the US, your coasts are a pain to get to, and that sustaining Arctic operations by adversaries isn't yet achievable/sustainable - because it won't always be that way. The locusts of the World are hungry and will devour everyone into extinction. This "pro green" initiative is just us denying our nature...

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Ever fought a war over resources and resource management with an EV military? There are no "time-outs" once your cross the LD... and the enemy will damn sure exploit you while you conduct a "battery swap" or "recharge pause", and curb stomp you into oblivion while rolling coal up and down your ass. There is no one holding the developing world to task on these matters beyond political posturing and tariffs (which only impacts the lowest economic level).

Be damn appreciative that you share a southern border with the US, your coasts are a pain to get to, and that sustaining Arctic operations by adversaries isn't yet achievable/sustainable - because it won't always be that way. The locusts of the World are hungry and will devour everyone into extinction. This "pro green" initiative is just us denying our nature...
Cease fire ! I have to find a home depot with a tesla charging station to plug my tank in to recharge it ........

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

lets send Trudeau over there to save the planet, he can create a carbon tax there as well. :unsure:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Cease fire ! I have to find a home depot with a tesla charging station to plug my tank in to recharge it ........

Man, re-reading that rant makes my head hurt and eyes bleed - I got so worked up that I completely gave up on grammar and syntax.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Moparinsiders.co. m
Have repeatedly said the 6.2 L supercharged engine isn't going anywhere. .for a couple more years.
Although the straight 6 will make 525 HP with an electric turbo.
Imagine if if it was compound supercharged?
Although Mr. Tavares from the merger may have other ideas

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
When Chicago city streets and interstates are plowed by EVs, I might become a believer.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Ice ice baby

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The right to fix, does not include the right to tamper. The reality is that most "tuning" undermines the emissions policies set in place and public safety. So, as much as I love "tuning" a car - you best invest in a carburetor and a manual transmission if you want to be in charge.
I like the newer Holley efi systems myself

But i have been following. Plenty of options out there in the world to play with something. I have a spot reserved for a new Vette, but im not married to it. If this is worse than the ZR1, than forget it. A big reason i wanted the C8 was for how easily GMs were to be tuned.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Plus a lot of the components in electric vehicles are extremely toxic ( batteries, etc) . Plus we now we have Chernobyl and Fukushima who is next?

3 mile island right here in the US

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I hate to say it, but I think the V8's days are numbered - a lot of factors drive this; demographics, traffic issues, fuel costs, and changing paths of the car enthusiasts...
FCA just signed a huge deal with ZF to buy hybrid transmissions: motor/generator in place of usual torque converter, obviously, an automatic. Streamlined, easy to integrate. I hope they put the battery pack in the rear of the car. It would help the weight balance. This would also enable retention of the V8, mileage-wise.