Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Forum members meet up at Napierville Dragway in Quebec Oct.24/25th

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am a work so can't really get into the weekend at the moment. I will try to fil in some info of the weekend when I get home.
Thanks to @oilburner ,@DemonSRT , @Markp ,@Frenchcat , and of course @Hpindy for making the 3 to 6hr drive to meet up.
Congrats to all of you for achieving new pb's.
I will leave it up to you to post about your weekend.

I managed to find the problem with my car that has now that I think about it has been haunting me most of the summer in some form. Thank you for the help James.
Big shout out to the awesome owners of this track and all they do for us racers.

Saturday morning after a rainy night and morning we attempted to get down the track with little to no success.
In the pits my phone rings. it is Nick from the track calling me. He called to let me know that the guys who slept at the hotel that night were leaking water from their car on launch from the body of the car due to the rain. So they were dumping water in front of the tires causing the traction issue.
easy fix do a couple of blasts down the 1/8 mile track or use the unprepped lane.
On Sunday he ran down from the tower to tell someone to let off the brake earlier as they were dragging the front tires on launch for a bit.:oops:
He did a great job prepping the track in the cold for the about 10 or so cars that were there on Saturday. He must of prepped about 5 times during the day, if not more.(y)

I will add more later.

Last edited:
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
The only full pass video happens to be @oilburner and his 9.41 pass.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Curious as to how your car ran Jim?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I think I saw daylight under that front tire!
Oh you did. 😉 20201025_181600.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't thank I could spell Ques beck much less find it on the N American map. Have to draw me a 30 page map on how to spell it much less to find it. I wood guess come out of Florida, make a left, and follow the traffic going south bound on a south bound donkeys ass. Or versa visa. Just a lot of gas and a driver's license I may not have any moe. Either one.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Curious as to how your car ran Jim?
I wish I had good news for you besides a new pb 60'.
Earlier this year I had been feeling the car lose a little power at times during some runs.
I changed plugs and it seamed better. I installed my Incognito pulley and all of a sudden it is worse and more noticeable.
Hpindy set me up with my hptuners I picked up. So we logged the car and found the fuel pump is not well. Not supplying enough pressure so then the injectors get maxed out and the pcm tries to save things by bleeding boost. So it was climbing to 12 psi and dropping to 8 psi. Then once things caught up it would pick up boost and do it over again.
I should have known something was wrong as Markp's car as well as Frenchcat and the other RE at the track historically are about .2 quicker than me on the same day.
The last time they came out it was more like .4 quicker.

So to answer your question my sick cat fell on it's face twice and still managed to run 10.501@128 with a new pb 60' of 1.497.
A new pump will be installed this week and hopefully I get to the track on the weekend to see if that is the fix.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
So you have succumbed to some serious mods and a tune! I guess shooting for 9’s?

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
So you have succumbed to some serious mods and a tune! I guess shooting for 9’s?
No tune just trying the pulley out.
A tune eventually and then 9's. 🙂

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wish I had good news for you besides a new pb 60'.
Earlier this year I had been feeling the car lose a little power at times during some runs.
I changed plugs and it seamed better. I installed my Incognito pulley and all of a sudden it is worse and more noticeable.
Hpindy set me up with my hptuners I picked up. So we logged the car and found the fuel pump is not well. Not supplying enough pressure so then the injectors get maxed out and the pcm tries to save things by bleeding boost. So it was climbing to 12 psi and dropping to 8 psi. Then once things caught up it would pick up boost and do it over again.
I should have known something was wrong as Markp's car as well as Frenchcat and the other RE at the track historically are about .2 quicker than me on the same day.
The last time they came out it was more like .4 quicker.

So to answer your question my sick cat fell on it's face twice and still managed to run 10.501@128 with a new pb 60' of 1.497.
A new pump will be installed this week and hopefully I get to the track on the weekend to see if that is the fix.
Congrats on the 60' PB, & I remember us talking about that a little while back, glad you got it figured out. How many miles is on the original fuel pump (car) ?

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Congrats on the 60' PB, & I remember us talking about that a little while back, glad you got it figured out. How many miles is on the original fuel pump (car) ?
Thanks Robert. I am glad to finally have data to give me an idea of what has been happening. There is just under 18,000 kms or a roughly 11,000 miles.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks Robert. I am glad to finally have data to give me an idea of what has been happening. There is just under 18,000 kms or a roughly 11,000 miles.
OK, not many miles on it, wonder if others are having that issue ?... was it covered by warranty ?... that would be nice.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
OK, not many miles on it, wonder if others are having that issue ?... was it covered by warranty ?... that would be nice.
I didn't get a response back from the service advisor yet. In his defense I saw him last week and he was busy as hell. Yet as he walked by me I told him I left a few messages for him. He apologized and sent out a tech to see my car.
I will be more forceful once I do another test.
Hpindy is sending me his pump from his car that he removed early on. So if it cures my problem I will try harder with the dealer.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I didn't get a response back from the service advisor yet. In his defense I saw him last week and he was busy as hell. Yet as he walked by me I told him I left a few messages for him. He apologized and sent out a tech to see my car.
I will be more forceful once I do another test.
Hpindy is sending me his pump from his car that he removed early on. So if it cures my problem I will try harder with the dealer.
So does this mean this years season is done?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The only full pass video happens to be @oilburner and his 9.41 pass.
He went so fast he blew the slip away lol....you guys notice that.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
So does this mean this years season is done?
It could be. I doubt by the time they finnish the work, we still have good enough weather.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
He went so fast he blew the slip away lol....you guys notice that.
LOL. I saw that blowing over as I started to video. Without looking I tried to step on it.
I missed🤫

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
@oilburner got a little second gear scratch too, LOL.