Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

For those not going the 15 inch route.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I did the lighter RB rotors on the front with my street pads. The front rotors are around 6 pounds lighter a piece than the oe rotors. The hats are 2 mm thinner than stock and 3 mm thinner on the rear. So it will push your wheels in ever so slightly. The rotors are 1258 a pair for the front and 975 for the rear. Since the front ones are working out well I just ordered the rear ones which are a little over 3 pounds lighter a piece than the oe ones. At first they squeaked. I realized it was only the coating on the rotors. Once that was gone they were super quiet. The iron on the actual rotor is advertised as harder than the oe iron. All together a good upgrade on my 50k mile hellcat. The hat is kind of nice looking also as an added benefit. Attached is a picture. One other company that makes a similar product is Demon Performance. Their rotors are about .5 pounds lighter per rotor and a few hundred dollars more. I was able to do the job with a friends help. It was a direct transfer over. No problems.

Attachments

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lighter rotors are a bigger deal than most give credit to.

There is a new rotor type and design coming out for the Hellcats/390mm rotors that will take light weight to a new level.

Let us know if you notice any difference in accel/decel, or handling.

;)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I did something very similar.
I did RB in the front and demon performance in the rear.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have a set of Demon Performance front rotors that I haven't installed yet. Still debating on buying the rears for the total weight savings. My stock front rotors probably need a light resurfacing, they have a few spots on them.

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Lighter rotors are a bigger deal than most give credit to.

There is a new rotor type and design coming out for the Hellcats/390mm rotors that will take light weight to a new level.

Let us know if you notice any difference in accel/decel, or handling.

;)
They really are. Same goes with wheel/tire weight. Rotational mass is so overlooked.

While I am not a dyno #s guy due to a lot of variables, I have seen plenty of C6 Z06 guys lay down higher numbers with the carbon brake set up stock vs stock. All Im saying is that it shows, that dropping rotational mass does help.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They really are. Same goes with wheel/tire weight. Rotational mass is so overlooked.

While I am not a dyno #s guy due to a lot of variables, I have seen plenty of C6 Z06 guys lay down higher numbers with the carbon brake set up stock vs stock. All Im saying is that it shows, that dropping rotational mass does help.
My car has consistently put down high dyno numbers too compared to others will similar or even more mods, I do have a carbon fiber driveshaft which probably helps some.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
From whom?
If RB, who is that?
Is it floating?
Please see other thread

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #8
The left picture, though 285's, the tires appear, by the lighting (hard left source) to be substantially narrower than the actual rims. Do those tires actually sit narrower than others, or is it just a trick of the light?
10.5 inch rims up front. Tread on these is 10.1 inches. Once worn out I will do 295 35 20 up front. 12 inch rims in the rear