Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FCA axes Dodge Journey and Grand Caravan for 2021

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Good riddance. Mini vans are the emasculation of the male species.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Maybe, but if you have a young kids it’s the most practical vehicle you can own.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Maybe, but if you have a young kids it’s the most practical vehicle you can own.
Yes, they are amazing with small children you have to buckle in. Park them anywhere and the magic of the sliding door is worth every penny IMHO. Our 2012 Toyota Sienna has 99,000 miles and runs great...probably will keep until it dies. Last night my wife was looking at pictures of Durango Hellcat and new Ford Bronco. Don't need a mini van next go round, but highly recommend if you have little ones.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Yes, they are amazing with small children you have to buckle in. Park them anywhere and the magic of the sliding door is worth every penny IMHO. Our 2012 Toyota Sienna has 99,000 miles and runs great...probably will keep until it dies. Last night my wife was looking at pictures of Durango Hellcat and new Ford Bronco. Don't need a mini van next go round, but highly recommend if you have little ones.
4x8 sheets of plywood and lots of other stuff fit, too.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
4x8 sheets of plywood and lots of other stuff fit, too.
Very true, put the 3rd row down and got a lot of space. Great family vehicles...not the most "exciting"...that is for sure.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
And historically the mini-van and the old "K" cars (Doge Aries, Plymouth Reliant) and perhaps Lee Iaccoa as well - bailed out Chrysler from having to file bankruptcy in the 1980`s

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
They don't need those grocery getting kid haulers anymore....they have chargers now:eek::p:ROFLMAO:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They don't need those grocery getting kid haulers anymore....they have chargers now:eek::p:ROFLMAO:

I'd expect that from @Jimmy N., but from @Markp? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Spend a week hauling kids around in varying degrees of parking tightness while trying to strap them into their car seats...mini van starts to look sexier and sexier...:love::love::love:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'd expect that from @Jimmy N., but from @Markp? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Spend a week hauling kids around in varying degrees of parking tightness while trying to strap them into their car seats...mini van starts to look sexier and sexier...:love::love::love:
I don't have kids but if I did I would still never buy a mini van. If I ever own a mini van please shoot me.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Spend a week hauling kids around in varying degrees of parking tightness while trying to strap them into their car seats...
Couldn't you use one of those small enclosed trailers for that?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The Grand Caravan replacement was to be and is now the Pacifica. They hung on to the old model because they sell well. They are likely to bring out a lesser equipped model to get the pricing closer to the Grand Caravan.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The Grand Caravan replacement was to be and is now the Pacifica. They hung on to the old model because they sell well. They are likely to bring out a lesser equipped model to get the pricing closer to the Grand Caravan.
They already did. They resurrected 'Voyager' last year, which is just a decontented Pacifica.
https://www.chrysler.com/voyager

For the record, any of the current/past FCA minivans with 2nd and 3rd row Stow-n-Go seats are the most versatile and useful all-around vehicles on the planet, especially if kids are involved. We've had 4 FCA vans (and 2 others brands). They will never be cool, but my wife's Pacifica was a great vehicle anyway (except the occasionally clunky 9-speed). Seats up and carry 6 people comfortably (7 in a pinch). Seats down and it's an excellent cargo van.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They already did. They resurrected 'Voyager' last year, which is just a decontented Pacifica.
https://www.chrysler.com/voyager

For the record, any of the current/past FCA minivans with 2nd and 3rd row Stow-n-Go seats are the most versatile and useful all-around vehicles on the planet, especially if kids are involved. We've had 4 FCA vans (and 2 others brands). They will never be cool, but my wife's Pacifica was a great vehicle anyway (except the occasionally clunky 9-speed). Seats up and carry 6 people comfortably (7 in a pinch). Seats down and it's an excellent cargo van.
I thought the Voyager was coming out this year or next. Not being sure I didn't want to share misinformation. 😀

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
I surprised many a '70's/'80's hot rod with the acceleration of our Grand Caravan with the 3.3L V6. It was a rocket when empty.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I surprised many a '70's/'80's hot rod with the acceleration of our Grand Caravan with the 3.3L V6. It was a rocket when empty.
You should try the 3.6. 🤣🤣

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
They don't need those grocery getting kid haulers anymore....they have chargers now:eek::p

They are getting rid of the caravan and journey because the hellcat engine won't fit in them .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They are getting rid of the caravan and journey because the hellcat engine won't fit in them .
Not even if you fold 14 of the seats?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Not even if you fold 14 of the seats?
I just measured .... Still won't fit

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Back in the early 2000's and having 2 small kids, I was "ordered" to get a mini-van. I hemmed and hawed, stalled and procrastinated as long as I could. Then this thing called a Magnum popped up out of nowhere to save the day, with a Hemi even. I got it with the factory roof rack for the ruse and for good measure.