Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Engine Locked Up...

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Update:

The new motor is in. Looked at it today and got to talk to the tech who did the work. Underhood looks like it never happened. Tech ordered a new starter assy because the original one didn't sound right. He told me these starters do not like trying to turn over a locked engine and overheats/hurts the starter windings. Should have it back first of the week.
Awesome! Thanks for the update, bet you’ll be glad to have it back. Now ya just gotta do the 500 mile break in again and you’ll be set. Are you going to negotiate for an extended warranty?

OP
Blickie
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #62
Yes, very much looking forward to getting her back. It's been almost 40 days.

Yes, still plan to negotiate more warranty, but SRT Hotline wants 2 wait until she's running.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I am curious if they are looking for an aftermarket CAI to possibly question a tune or a more sinister reason to question the engine replacement.
They must be looking for water causing a hydrolock, I went myself through one.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OP
Blickie
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #64
Update:

Picked up my HC this afternoon. She sounds like she did before the lock up; like it didn't happen. New motor and new starter, so hopefully all good from here on. Oil Pressure is 72-74 PSI @ cruise, so that's good news.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Where are you now? Obviously still on the road, but what else did they do for you, if anything?

OP
Blickie
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #66
Update:

My Cat was down for 38 days because of the engine failure. The SRT Hotline has offered either 2 months lease payment OR a 5yr/100K miles warranty, but not both. I told the hotline that I was disappointed at the warranty offer and that Dodge could do a lot a lot better if they truly valued me as a customer but no joy. My impression is someone behind the hotline is making the decisions for the hotline and directing the hotline contact. The hotline does NOT have the autonomy one might think it does to help Hellcat owners. Also told the hotline contact that my impression is Dodge promotes this $70K vehicle as premiere vehicle and absolute top of the line but does not treat it as such and acts very, very cheap!

I opted for the two month lease payment. Am waiting for confirmation.

Overall, am disappointed in the SRT Hotline and Dodge. Not sure what the hotline is there for or can do when some faceless person is pulling the strings. Dodge should just step up and not make a Hellcat owner have to negotiate an extended warranty for a failure that should have never occurred!

@DodgeCares

Also tagged @DodgeCares and heard nothing!

OP
Blickie
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fishers
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #67
Update:

Picked up my HC this afternoon. She sounds like she did before the lock up; like it didn't happen. New motor and new starter, so hopefully all good from here on. Oil Pressure is 72-74 PSI @ cruise, so that's good news.
Something is loose in the front end and/or suspension after the engine change. Making lots of noises. Have to take her back in Tuesday. Oh joy!