Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Exactly! Storing and RACING IT until my car arrives. I already bought my entry to two events at Irwindale. I have a few really good Friends that know I am impatient and going crazy waiting for my Super Stock and so he gave me his car to race for a couple months. I might even take it to Redlist December 5th or chase some DA in Sacramento with it.

I have made passes in 7 different Demons and have made passes in this car in the past. He basically told me to treat it like my own. So I am going to remove the seats, sway bar, washer fluid, put in my light weight battery throw the Billet Specialties Win Lites & Hoosiers on it ! LOL
That's awesome! You have some cool really friends.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
That's awesome! You have some cool really friends.
This brotherhood consists of really cool people...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This brotherhood consists of really cool people...
You are hereby banned for using the cheesy B word.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
You are hereby banned for using the cheesy B word.
I could have said "Brotherhood of muscle" ... but I thought that would be too easy to pick up on. hahah

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Reminds of a time back in the late 80's or so. I had a friend who was trying hard in a 69 350 Firebird. He was a teen with his first car, couldn't break into 15's or maybe even 16's with it, whatever he tried to do with it. I lent him a 71 455HO engine out of Trans Am that I had lying around. (Was restoring it, too much gone after stripping it down so I scrapped it and kept the good stuff.)

Never saw that motor again. LOL. He sold the car eventually with that motor still in it, I heard it was running 9's or something like that by that new owner, not sure exactly what was ever done to the motor to get it there.

Not a problem, just a good close friend. I say lent, but I really didn't care if he gave it back or not.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I could have said "Brotherhood of muscle" ... but I thought that would be too easy to pick up on. hahah
Nothing wrong with the "brotherhood"
could be talking about what suv you need when your family keeps getting bigger:sick:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Reminds of a time back in the late 80's or so. I had a friend who was trying hard in a 69 350 Firebird.

Never saw that motor again. LOL. He sold the car eventually with that motor still in it, I heard it was running 9's .
Sounds about right. I never really cared about 1/8th mile tracks though

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Sounds about right. I never really cared about 1/8th mile tracks though
LOL comedian

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
could be talking about what suv you need when your family keeps getting bigger:sick:
But no one is lol. It’s really only used to make people cringe [vommit]

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #191
I contacted Dodge this morning via Chat. I was told the Hellraisin car is awaiting some random inspection or awaiting a spot for loading to be transported to the Dealer. So I assume it's a final inspection after the Upfitter is done with it. I think the Demons also had this. Or the inspection is done and it's waiting to be picked up for transport. This is promsing. But the Window Sticker is still not available on line. So, I vote for waiting for final inspection.

As far as Jim's Demon, it is ready to go for next weekend at Irwindale. I was going to set the car on Kill and try to get a new PB for Jim but then I realized they just threw Tatiana out for going too fast in her RedEye. So why do all that work on the car just to fight with the Officials. Then have to reverse it all and have to do it all again after my car shows up. I did drain the washer fluid and install a bypass plug and I did remove the Sway Bar because we agreed that can stay off for good and both will help the car hook. I do still have to tape off the quarter panels because his car is super nice and that's what he does.

I race Jim's Demon this Sunday in a Battle of the Brands event in "One Power Adder" class. I am hoping it is heads up on a Pro Tree.

Then I race the Match Race Madness "Aftermath" on November 14th.

Hopefully my car will show up right after that and I will get it ready for the RedList event in Bakersfiend on December 5th. Ideally I would be able to do one event at Irwindlae to shake it down. 1013201517a.jpg

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I contacted Dodge this morning via Chat. I was told the Hellraisin car is awaiting some random inspection or awaiting a spot for loading to be transported to the Dealer. So I assume it's a final inspection after the Upfitter is done with it. I think the Demons also had this. Or the inspection is done and it's waiting to be picked up for transport. This is promsing. But the Window Sticker is still not available on line. So, I vote for waiting for final inspection.

As far as Jim's Demon, it is ready to go for next weekend at Irwindale. I was going to set the car on Kill and try to get a new PB for Jim but then I realized they just threw Tatiana out for going too fast in her RedEye. So why do all that work on the car just to fight with the Officials. Then have to reverse it all and have to do it all again after my car shows up. I did drain the washer fluid and install a bypass plug and I did remove the Sway Bar because we agreed that can stay off for good and both will help the car hook. I do still have to tape off the quarter panels because his car is super nice and that's what he does.

I race Jim's Demon this Sunday in a Battle of the Brands event in "One Power Adder" class. I am hoping it is heads up on a Pro Tree.

Then I race the Match Race Madness "Aftermath" on November 14th.

Hopefully my car will show up right after that and I will get it ready for the RedList event in Bakersfiend on December 5th. Ideally I would be able to do one event at Irwindlae the shake it down. View attachment 27360
How do you access that washer drain and install the plug? Through the wheel well or from under the car?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #193
How do you access that washer drain and install the plug? Through the wheel well or from under the car?
The washer fluid Tubing is easy to pull off. One of my friends just reached down and pulled the line off the pump and let it drain down under the car but I am thinking it got all over everything down there. Yuck. Maybe he stuck a temporary line and went to a container? I am not sure. On a Demon it is easy to pull the fluid line off the Drivers side hood nozzle and then snake it out and put it down into a container sitting on top of the engine (in this case the towel covered blower). Then I place a second towel under the Pass side nozzle because it may dribble. Then I run the wipers & washer pump until it is dry.

I do it from up above. To access the Pump & level switch is difficult but can be made easier by pulling the Pass side cover over that frontal area. It's super easy after you do it a few times. Just jerk it out of there! By the hood latch in that depressed center area push towards the Pass side releasing the tab that goes into the other side and lift and move around to undo the two torpedoes and disengage from the fender on the outer end.

Look down with a good light and familiarize yourself with the washer pump and level switch. The connectors look identical so make sure you are on the level switch. You have to release the red lock with a fingernail or similar. Be careful because if it sticks the Red lock may go flying and get lost when it finally releases. Ask me how I know. Once the lock is pulled out you squeeze to release the connector (top and bottom I think). Index finger and thumb will do it.

To install the bypass plug I clock it accordingly and then give it a go. If it does not connect after several tries, make sure you disconnected the correct connector. Ask me how I know this too. 1117191650.jpg

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
The washer fluid Tubing is easy to pull off. One of my friends just reached down and pulled the line off the pump and let it drain down under the car but I am thinking it got all over everything down there. Yuck. Maybe he stuck a temporary line and went to a container? I am not sure. On a Demon it is easy to pull the fluid line off the Drivers side hood nozzle and then snake it out and put it down into a container sitting on top of the engine (in this case the towel covered blower). Then I place a second towel under the Pass side nozzle because it may dribble. Then I run the wipers & washer pump until it is dry.

I do it from up above. To access the Pump & level switch is difficult but can be made easier by pulling the Pass side cover over that frontal area. It's super easy after you do it a few times. Just jerk it out of there! By the hood latch in that depressed center area push towards the Pass side releasing the tab that goes into the other side and lift and move around to undo the two torpedoes and disengage from the fender on the outer end.

Look down with a good light and familiarize yourself with the washer pump and level switch. The connectors look identical so make sure you are on the level switch. You have to release the red lock with a fingernail or similar. Be careful because if it sticks the Red lock may go flying and get lost when it finally releases. Ask me how I know. Once the lock is pulled out you squeeze to release the connector (top and bottom I think). Index finger and thumb will do it.

To install the bypass plug I clock it accordingly and then give it a go. If it does not connect after several tries, make sure you disconnected the correct connector. Ask me how I know this too. View attachment 27376
Can't the dummy plug just be installed and the harness zip tied up and the washer tank left empty?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #195
The plug bypasses the low washer resirvoir level warning light in the dash. Yes it can be left in with or without fluid. I just let it hang honestly.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I still have the factory washer fluid in my Redeye:p. Never used it even once. Going for my PB 100% stock time with drag pak. When I say I am stock I mean stock right down to the washer fluid:ROFLMAO:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I still have the factory washer fluid in my Redeye:p. Never used it even once. Going for my PB 100% stock time with drag pak. When I say I am stock I mean stock right down to the washer fluid:ROFLMAO:
Your leaving 8lbs on the table...😂

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
What is this record? 10.2?

I recently got an oil change and the dealer topped off my washer fluid all the way...like all the way to the top of the reservoir! I did drain it down one time when I was driving in the rain, just pumped half or more of it out when I was on the highway. Noticed the top off this weekend when I was cleaning under the hood and I was like DAMMIT! LOL

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I don’t even know if mine works! Factory fluid here also😂😂😂

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State