Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Redeyes

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
C'mon, man. What do you need night vision for? Tacky interior lights are a thing. Nearly a must have.
How would you know where the steering wheel is, for example, if the center wasn't lit up?
Night vision will pick up a heat signature of deer, dogs, pedestrians, etc and give a warning. Good for old folks who don’t see as well at night like they used to.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Ah, I meant the night vision we're born with. Which doesn't like having light directed at our eyes.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm kinda in line here. I'm very happy with the interior of my Hellcat. I was OK with the Uconnect but it was a little "slow" on response. The upgraded 8.4c unit is much snappier and the graphics much better too. Easy upgrade. I paid $62K for my Hellcat, at $100K I'd want more but not sure what that would mean to me to be honest, but I'm back to wouldn't pay $100K for one of these to begin with.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I was OK with the Uconnect but it was a little "slow" on response.
And that's the advantage of a long driveway...by the time I get to the road the performance pages have loaded.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
And that's the advantage of a long driveway...by the time I get to the road the performance pages have loaded.
Or owning a taxi, plenty of time to warm up the oil to temp and after maybe a few dozen pickups and drop offs the pages should be loaded by then.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Night vision will pick up a heat signature of deer, dogs, pedestrians, etc and give a warning. Good for old folks who don’t see as well at night like they used to.
German cars used to have that, very seldom used option, I also think the lexus ls had it at some point and I think the new navigator has it as well.

3a7bb3a2dfea798e898f0e8be81b3b82x.jpg maxresdefault (25).jpg

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'm kinda in line here. I'm very happy with the interior of my Hellcat. I was OK with the Uconnect but it was a little "slow" on response. The upgraded 8.4c unit is much snappier and the graphics much better too. Easy upgrade. I paid $62K for my Hellcat, at $100K I'd want more but not sure what that would mean to me to be honest, but I'm back to wouldn't pay $100K for one of these to begin with.
Well to be fair I'm not exactly paying 100k,
My sticker is $98,540 and I'm getting 3 below invoice, so after selling my current hellcat w/equity and the taxes washing away I'll be at about 75k and then I'll decide how I want to take care of the rest which will depend on how long I keep the car, plan for now is to start the collection with this car but only time will tell, I do think these 2023s especially in the redeye form will go down as cult classics and hold value fairly well, how well is anyone's speculation but the mmr on these cars is about 113k at the moment.

But I judge the car as a 98k car, in reality I feel like the redeye + widebody should realistically be in the low 80s msrp with most of the options, at that price Point I feel like it still retains the bargain, but if I was paying sticker + taxes + possible markup I would be strayed towards something like an m5 or maybe save some money and mod an m3 xdrive.

At 98k I'm not 100% satisfied with the product to be completely transparent.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
A little tech is fine by me, heated cooled seats, nice stereo that'll run Android Auto, etc. However a huge pet peeve of mine is running HVAC controls through the head unit. So when it goes bad you lose HVAC too. That should always be separate IMO.
This is the one big gripe I have with the TRX. I’d take a 10” screen over a 12” screen for a few more hard buttons!

Below is a 2021 Raptor interior (you can tell because it still has a heated steering wheel) vs the TRX. Ford did a good job with this. DD372D80-A221-4913-8207-A4150F22D194.jpeg
199B2C69-219B-4374-8BA7-7645DABD5D06.jpeg

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
German cars used to have that, very seldom used option, I also think the lexus ls had it at some point and I think the new navigator has it as well.
Had a '22 Jeep GC Summit that had it. Worked well enough (I live in a heavy deer and bears on the road area).

My Grand Wagoneer III has the same system but it does not seem as sensative as the one in the Jeep GC.