Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Redeyes

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That's true, idiots do entertain us.

On a side note, I knew you were taking notes and watching debates on 4 doors vs 2 doors. 🤣🤣
I've never considered myself to be an unreasonable individual...now an idiot...that's a whole separate matter...;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It was about 1999 or 2000 before the crash. I was in a Ferrari dealer showroom north of CHI, Lake Forrest I think, they had a used Daytona GTB4, $120k. I always thought it was the most beautiful Ferrari ever built, it is like a wild offshoot from the typical Ferrari.

Life was good then, and I gave it some thought, but that kind of money for a car was pretty foolish. Little did I know the market would soon crash and it would have been the best investment in my portfolio…
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ferrari/365gtb4

💀💀💀💀💀

A little salt on the wound, sorry had to.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Money rules the world, Unfortunately stellantis gave up on srt.

there's a reason why porsche is keeping their ice engine and adding hybrid tech, new lamborghini aventador replacement still has a v12 w/hybrid powertrain, ferrari still building ice engines, 2025 bmw m5 will still carry the 4.4 v8 w/hybrid engine, etc etc
Hybrid engines are on the hit list, too, they're next.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'm sure that debate was going on long before I joined in, but I do like to add fuel to the fire.

And some take it well. You and DavidKFla, for example. Some others, maybe not so much, but that's okay. I'm not here to win any popularity contests.
You hear that @DavidKFla he thinks we aren't serious about taxis being better than 2 doors 🤣🤣🤣.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Hybrid engines are on the hit list, too, they're next.
Hold out as long as they can, at least they didn't get pushed over like what stellantis did to SRT

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I've never considered myself to be an unreasonable individual...now an idiot...that's a whole separate matter...;)
Now if only you were dumb enough to donate ur demon 170 allocation to me 🤣🤣

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If there's no more in the shaker, may I offer up that my girlfriend's boss' one burned up in a fire in California?
Oh boy, did he get agreed upon value?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
As I recall, like most of his cars, it wasn't even insured. Two of them were the only ones left in the world.

And compared to everything else lost (the entire ranch, basically) the cars were not at the top of his list to worry about.
He since left SoCal for Texas. We tried to get him to move earlier, but...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
As I recall, like most of his cars, it wasn't even insured. Two of them were the only ones left in the world.

And compared to everything else lost (the entire ranch, basically) the cars were not at the top of his list to worry about.
He since left SoCal for Texas. We tried to get him to move earlier, but...
Not insuring those cars probably cost him a few mil, I'm assuming his collection was very nice if he had a 365 gtb

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oh, it cost him a few mil alright.

As an aside, today I heard my girlfriend mention to someone on the phone that the Aston Martin she sold him came with a lifetime Sirius subscription. Obviously peanuts in the scheme of things, but still ironic.

Well, at least that was must've been insured since he used it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not insuring those cars probably cost him a few mil, I'm assuming his collection was very nice if he had a 365 gtb
Yikes....I'd be on the golden gate bridge with a cinder block around my neck...that's a MONSTER hit...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What hit him the hardest initially was all the animals that didn't make it, including quite a few exotics.

Then, I'm sure, that most everything he'd worked for all his life (except for companies in other locations) was just gone.
Buildings, orchards, vineyard, cars, all of it.

And that many of his employees now had no work probably didn't feel good, either. Especially the ones who had their homes on the ranch.

I feel so fortunate that we had already moved, so I didn't have to see the aftermath. Including the foundation (pretty much all that remained) of my old house.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What hit him the hardest initially was all the animals that didn't make it, including quite a few exotics.

Then, I'm sure, that most everything he'd worked for all his life (except for companies in other locations) was just gone.

And that many of his employees now had no work probably didn't feel good, either. Especially the ones who had their homes on the ranch.

I feel so fortunate that we had already moved, so I didn't have to see the aftermath. Including the foundation (pretty much all that remained) of my old house.
What was it...a fire ?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Yeah for sure, cars, property, etc etc are all replaceable.

Animals a little different but cattle is definitely replaceable, still sucks to lose a living being even if it's an animal.

The loss of jobs and human life hits the hardest and stings the longest. Those areas get completely decimated and become damn near uninhabitable because of the destruction and pension for flare ups.

California is the best state to live in when it comes to beauty, weather and lifestyle but it comes with a lot of unsavory things as time goes on such as politicians, ridiculous cost of living, out of control property values, wildfires, mudslides, earthquakes, etc etc.

Once you leave cali you never look back, parents moved to the east coast in the early 2000s and they go down as saying that it was the best decision of their life.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You hear that @DavidKFla he thinks we aren't serious about taxis being better than 2 doors 🤣🤣🤣.
My 2 door is officially gone. Traded it and the Ram today. Taxi Cat is staying with us.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My 2 door is officially gone. Traded it and the Ram today. Taxi Cat is staying with us.

You feel good about it?

Trailer?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did you already take care of the For Sale thread, I couldn't find it.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
May whatever you believe in bless you with more taxi's 🤣🤣🤣🤣.