Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Redeyes

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
(Note: I posted this in 2 somewhat related threads.)

Well at least one company understands marketing:

“I don’t want to be arrogant and impose a choice on our client,” he said.

“It is the client who must choose if they want an ICE (internal combustion engine), a hybrid or an electric car.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...will-stick-to-traditional-combustion-engines/

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

“It is the client who must choose if they want an ICE (internal combustion engine), a hybrid or an electric car.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...will-stick-to-traditional-combustion-engines/
Glad to hear it. But to be fair, when you build 9 cars a year I think your governing economics are far different than an OEM making mass-produced cars that total in the millions per year.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Glad to hear it. But to be fair, when you build 9 cars a year I think your governing economics are far different than an OEM making mass-produced cars that total in the millions per year.
9 cars a year 😭😭😭, I think a little more than that.

Also the average ferrari customer completely different than the average dodge customer

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Also the average ferrari customer completely different than the average dodge customer
Are you saying that they're willing to wait a year or two for an ordered car, for example?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Money rules the world, Unfortunately stellantis gave up on srt.

there's a reason why porsche is keeping their ice engine and adding hybrid tech, new lamborghini aventador replacement still has a v12 w/hybrid powertrain, ferrari still building ice engines, 2025 bmw m5 will still carry the 4.4 v8 w/hybrid engine, etc etc

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Are you saying that they're willing to wait a year or two for an ordered car, for example?
Lately it's been minimum 18 month wait for a lot of people. I'm still another year out on my sf90 stradale allocation that I'm probably not even gonna buy anymore(placed on list 18 months ago)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Lately it's been minimum 18 month wait for a lot of people. I'm still another year out on my sf90 stradale allocation that I'm probably not even gonna buy anymore(placed on list 18 months ago)
They probably also wouldn't send angry emails to the equivalent of Tim about missing cat skulls on the seatbacks, for example. Surely a Durango can't be as quick with only SRT on the seats.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
They probably also wouldn't send angry emails to the equivalent of Tim about missing cat skulls on the seatbacks, for example. Surely a Durango can't be as quick with only SRT on the seats.
Also pretty sure they wouldn't start a class action lawsuit because ferrari decided to bring back an old nameplate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You're right. Ferrari owners are different.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You're right. Ferrari owners are different.
Or maybe durango hellcat owners are just different 🤣

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Or maybe durango hellcat owners are just different 🤣
I dunno. It may be a tie between the Durango and TRX. I thought some in the regular Charger/Challenger crowd had some odd entitlement thoughts, but they're not in the same league.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Waiting is not just a supercar thing. I'm 2years into my Z06 wait. Im #25 at an MSRP local dealer and #2 on a ZR1 when that gets announced. I'm only getting one of them. At this rate, I'm thinking the ZR1 will win out/come first! o_O

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Waiting is not just a supercar thing. I'm 2years into my Z06 wait. Im #25 at an MSRP local dealer and #2 on a ZR1 when that gets announced. I'm only getting one of them. At this rate, I'm thinking the ZR1 will win out/come first! o_O
I'll take a zr1 over a z06, historically the zr1s are much shorter production and hold their values much better than the z06.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I dunno. It may be a tie between the Durango and TRX. I thought some in the regular Charger/Challenger crowd had some odd entitlement thoughts, but they're not in the same league.
You can find the loonies in every crowd, the entitlement of bmw owners is wild, the snobbery of porsche owners is unmatched unless you jump into the ferrari world.

Shelby owners calling hellcats boats but they can't even control their cars properly.

You got explorer st owners throwing some bolt ons and then thinking they are fast as compared to a stock trackhawk or durango hellcat.

Trx owners and their inferiority complex when it comes to raptors and then raptor owners who have a superiority complex to the trx because raptors hold their value better.

I like all cars that are fast and fun except maybe ev's which are fun in their own right but the novelty faded pretty quickly for me.

Just gotta be yourself and not watch these idiots argue about nothing while wasting their time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well put, 4pac. But it's a good thing we're all different, or it'd be quite boring.

Besides, I find many of the (to me) unreasonable posts entertaining.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Well put, 4pac. But it's a good thing we're all different, or it'd be quite boring.

That's true, idiots do entertain us.

On a side note, I knew you were taking notes and watching debates on 4 doors vs 2 doors. 🤣🤣

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm sure that debate was going on long before I joined in, but I do like to add fuel to the fire.

And some take it well. You and DavidKFla, for example. Some others, maybe not so much, but that's okay. I'm not here to win any popularity contests.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
It was about 1999 or 2000 before the crash. I was in a Ferrari dealer showroom north of CHI, Lake Forrest I think, they had a used Daytona GTB4, $120k. I always thought it was the most beautiful Ferrari ever built, it is like a wild offshoot from the typical Ferrari.

Life was good then, and I gave it some thought, but that kind of money for a car was pretty foolish. Little did I know the market would soon crash and it would have been the best investment in my portfolio…

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Conceptually they shouldn't

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Thank god were different...other wise..who would eat the pistachio ice cream...and bang all the 300lb women walkin around...:unsure: