Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demonology Tests Pulleys

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Saw this last week and it's pretty interesting. He had his blower ported by Jokerz to see what the gains might be. He states his previous base dyno number before porting with a 2.65 upper pulley (I think he also runs a 10% lower). Jokerz told him he'd make the same power after porting with a 2.85 upper. So he tests a 2.85, 2.75, and 2.65 pulley. He lost power on the 2.65 but showed a gain in boost so must have exceeded the efficiency of the blower.

The porting did allow him to make a tick more HP/TQ with a 2.85 then he did without the porting on his original 2.65 setup.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, almost identical to what I saw, I went from a 2.65 upper/stock lower pulley, stock blower and made 871whp, then went to a Jokerz race ported blower, 100mm TB, 2.85 upper/stock lower pulley and made 892whp. I don't think they mentioned his IAT temps. They said that when he went to the 2.65 pulley he was probably spinning the blower so fast that it was building more heat without making more power. I know the Demon has the SRT Power Chiller but its not nearly as effective as an aftermarket chiller. I believe he could have continued to make more power with the 2.65 pulley had he been using an ice tank or a good aftermarket chiller.

They also mentioned that he was still using a stock TB, not sure if he would have gained more there but its hard to imagine he wouldn't pulling that much boost.

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #3
Dropping two pulley sizes and picking up 21HP on your setup is pretty good. Blower will be much happier I think.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Got to get the air in. The ported snout I think is where a LOT is to be picked up, but it has to be paired with a bigger 105+ TB. Just a ported snout gained about zero. Adding a TB onto it added 40-50rwhp. He should put a TB on and see what happens.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Yeah waiting for his 105 Tb video.

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
Pretty sure he has or had the VMP 105 throttle body

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Does anyone know if the 2019 stock air filter setup on Challengers will fit with the 105TB?