Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Defaults on auto loans at all time highs

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Sorry, no scraper or dozer here. Yet anyway.
ok fine...hook up the tunnel washer and let's get down to business :LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Much too close for my liking, but not intolerable.

Closest house is only about a quarter mile away, but hidden from view by trees. Of course, I can drive to within 60 feet or so (property line) of where the good looking wife sunbathes.

Also to the southwest is the next closest, which is partially visible. That good looking (single) chick there is too pale to do any sunbathing.

Maybe a 3/4 mile to the house to the south. About a 3/4 to the houses on the other side of the river, to the east.
There's one to the north, also about 3/4 mile away, but there's a small hill and trees between us.

A little crowded perhaps, but not exactly like a townhouse either. It's about what you'd expect when everybody has 15 acres or better.
Very cool. Sounds like great set up.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
ok fine...hook up the tunnel washer and let's get down to business :LOL:
Let's do it.
But you have to bring the tunnel.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
On the nut w bulldozer, they needed to draw him into a building w a basement under. Would have been screwed (armor guys know this). Draw him across a bridge. Or lastly blast the exposed tread. Even a few sticks would have immobilized it. Or a LAWS rocket even, but dont know where the nearest armory was.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Let's do it.
But you have to bring the tunnel.
Isn't the only tunnel in NM the one on 82 in the Sacramento mountains. Fresnel canyon

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
On the nut w bulldozer, they needed to draw him into a building w a basement under. Would have been screwed (armor guys know this). Draw him across a bridge. Or lastly blast the exposed tread. Even a few sticks would have immobilized it. Or a LAWS rocket even, but dont know where the nearest armory was.
party pooper

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Isn't the only tunnel in NM the one on 82 in the Sacramento mountains. Fresnel canyon
I dunno.
As I recall there are a couple around here, for the old steam locomotive tracks (still operating), and at least one for water.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Sure. Just don't run into or over anything of mine.
Which company did you buy the wrecker from?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oshkosh Equipment. Foolishly, as it turned out.

Paid a premium for getting one that was supposedly all gone through and fully functional, since I really didn't want to spend the time and money to go through yet another ex-gov vehicle.

Yes, it came with new seats, a well installed hardtop (for a fee), perfect tires with the tits still on them, and very nice paint.

But then there's the other stuff, like the hydraulic fluid being low, hand throttle not hooked up (necessary for operating the hydraulics), mechanical kill switch for the engine not hooked up, work light switch missing, headlight switch not working right, dimmer switch not working at all, nothing seemed to have been lubed in recent history, etc.

Well, you get the idea...not what i had expected. Had I known, I would've paid about half for one from somewhere else, then probably had to fix about the same things.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oshkosh Equipment. Foolishly, as it turned out.

Paid a premium for getting one that was supposedly all gone through and fully functional, since I really didn't want to spend the time and money to go through yet another ex-gov vehicle.

Yes, it came with new seats, a well installed hardtop (for a fee), perfect tires with the tits still on them, and very nice paint.

But then there's the other stuff, like the hydraulic fluid being low, hand throttle not hooked up (necessary for operating the hydraulics), mechanical kill switch for the engine not hooked up, work light switch missing, headlight switch not working right, dimmer switch not working at all, nothing seemed to have been lubed in recent history, etc.

Well, you get the idea...not what i had expected. Had I known, I would've paid about half for one from somewhere else, then probably had to fix about the same things.
I was just looking online at a few M1079's that Midwest Military Equipment has for sale and they say similar things about their vehicles (gone through, etc).

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I was just looking online at a few M1079's that Midwest Military Equipment has for sale and they say similar things about their vehicles (gone through, etc).
Those may be running low at the auctions at this point, but that's where I'd start looking.
If nothing else, if you look at past sales you'll see what they sold for, and what condition they were in.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Those may be running low at the auctions at this point, but that's where I'd start looking.
If nothing else, if you look at past sales you'll see what they sold for, and what condition they were in.
I'm on govplanet every week looking at what they have. Those M1079's have been going between 18 and 26k at auction recently depending on condition.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm on govplanet every week looking at what they have. Those M1079's have been going between 18 and 26k at auction recently depending on condition.
Then you may want to check Craigslist, etc. for ones where the seller has realized that they're in over their head and can't fix whatever ails their vehicle.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Then you may want to check Craigslist, etc. for ones where the seller has realized that they're in over their head and can't fix whatever ails their vehicle.
I figure if I wait until next winter or spring when the economy is in the toilet, I should be able to pick up my excursion vehicle at a much better price than they are going for now.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Then you may want to check Craigslist, etc. for ones where the seller has realized that they're in over their head and can't fix whatever ails theirs.

Oops, forgot to post the above.
Anyway, don't call it an "excursion vehicle". That'll make it identify as a Furd, and lead to all kinds of issues.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Then you may want to check Craigslist, etc. for ones where the seller has realized that they're in over their head and can't fix whatever ails theirs.

Oops, forgot to post the above.
Anyway, don't call it an "excursion vehicle". That'll make it identify as a Furd, and lead to all kinds of issues.
Ok....I'll call it my retirement road trip extraordinaire overlanding family truckster.

How's that?

I think a truck like this would be good for me to drive around in.....