Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Coronavirus coming to get us?

1971demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
While portions (cities and counties) were already on various levels of lock down, the entire state of Colorado goes on lock down starting tomorrow. I haven't watched any news today to know what the details are or are not. My understanding from word of mouth is the usual suspects are allowed to do their thing.

That's not me...

:/
Sigh...that is such not good news...:(
Date large, marry small

Sage advice ole horned one..but alas..my wife is not a fan of the dating process;)

MikeD1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
While portions (cities and counties) were already on various levels of lock down, the entire state of Colorado goes on lock down starting tomorrow. I haven't watched any news today to know what the details are or are not. My understanding from word of mouth is the usual suspects are allowed to do their thing.

That's not me...:/
Good excuse to stay home and get baked, umm err, I meant do some baking ......................... (well actually, I'd do both if MJ was legal here).

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Good excuse to stay home and get baked, umm err, I meant do some baking ......................... (well actually, I'd do both if MJ was legal here).
One short move away.

No more humidity, no more furnace-like heat, no more cockroaches with family names asking for a beer when you go out to the garage.

Bowtie Guy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
My wife nuts
One short move away.

No more humidity, no more furnace-like heat, no more cockroaches with family names asking for a beer when you go out to the garage.
I m not sure what your taking about but the word beer caught my attention

why2kmax

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
found a bloomberg article

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

The Rome? NIH so far has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology.

25% had one serious underlying health condition
25.6% had TWO serious underlying health conditions
48.5% had THREE OR MORE Illnesses!
So, nearly half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and the other half had 1 or two previous conditions.
More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5.
As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease.
All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

200 victims were 90+ yrs old
800+ were between 80-89
700+ were between 70-79
175+ were between 60-69

The study also shows Italy is likely underestimating the real number of cases by testing only patients presenting symptoms. This is the problem in every country.
Which mean in Italy's case, the death rate is NOT 8% but more the current global average at 2%,

which IMO is in itself is a distortion toward the high end because not everyone is being tested worldwide in all the countries, only those with severe symptoms.

Diamond Princess Cruise ship. Quarantined, everyone but a few were tested. 3,711 people aboard of that 634, or 17 percent, had the virus; 328 of them did not have symptoms at the time of diagnosis. Of those with symptoms, the fatality ratio was 1.9% Of all infected, that ratio was 0.91% Those 70 and older were most vulnerable, with an overall fatality ratio of about 7.3%

South Korea: 9241 Infected, 131 deaths. 1.4% death rate

Italy is the anomaly, not the norm???.

Markp

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaughan, Ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Inside China's audacious global propaganda campaign
Beijing is buying up media outlets and training scores of foreign journalists to ‘tell China’s story well’ – as part of a worldwide propaganda campaign of astonishing scope and ambition.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...-global-media-dominance-propaganda-xi-jinping

China Spins Coronavirus Crisis, Hailing Itself as a Global Leader
The propaganda push suggests the Chinese government might be worried about the lasting damage of the outbreak.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/28/world/asia/china-coronavirus-response-propaganda.html

From cover-up to global donor: China’s soft power play
With its economy showing signs of life, Beijing aims to restore a reputation damaged by coronavirus

https://www.ft.com/content/efdec278-6d01-11ea-9bca-bf503995cd6f

Western media parroting Chinese Communist Party propaganda
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-parroting-chinese-communist-party-propaganda

NBC News spreads Chinese Communist propaganda amid coronavirus outbreak
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...e-communist-propaganda-amid-covid-19-outbreak

China uses American media to push coronavirus propaganda as war of words continues
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-coronavirus-america-media-propaganda-war

China is rewriting coronavirus history and nobody will stop it
Disarray in global governments gives Beijing chance to step up and reap rewards

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/China-is-rewriting-coronavirus-history-and-nobody-will-stop-it

'Wake-up call': Chinese control of U.S. pharmaceutical supplies sparks growing concern
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/17/china-threatens-restrict-critical-drug-exports-us/

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lucketts
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
China CHEATS ON EVERYTHING and I mean everything. If anyone in this forum ran their business like China does you would be in Jail. Just incredible how so many people support the Regime. Now and continuing forward we need to rid ourselves of lowering our standards of life to save some money but did we since now the world order is going into economic chaos. Just shows you when you cut corners in things on life it always comes back to bite you in ass and in this instance death.

MikeD1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
One short move away.

Have a SIL that lives in CO and we did consider it for a while, but COL/taxes are just to high for my taste. Lots of beautiful places to live there tho :)

MikeD1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
South Korea: 9241 Infected, 131 deaths. 1.4% death rate

Italy is the anomaly, not the norm???.
I believe the infection/outcome rates are going to be a country by country (and in the states, county by county) deal.

Italy vs. S. Korea for example:
Italy has a much older population, they have a higher % of smokers (men & women) and their health system is not that great
S. Korea's elderly % is lower, as are smoking rates (especially among women) and they have a pretty good health system

Seems to me that S.K. would naturally have a lower infection & death rate just based on those factors (and I'm sure there are others).

Seeing demographic differences here too:
Citrus (my county) is a 'retirement area' and as such has a high % of older ppl - many of them are snowbirds and travel (11 cases, 1 death - 80 yr old male)
Levy is rural/low income with 1/3 our pop. (0 cases) - lots of other small, rural counties in FL also reporting 0 cases
Marion 2.5x larger pop., but a WAY younger demographic (5 cases)
Hernando 20% larger pop, but a younger demographic (working families) (9 cases)

Hardly a 'scientific' survey, but I believe we are starting to see some trends emerge.

Bowtie Guy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
My wife nuts
My concern is

Since China has 1.4 billion people & less then 100,000 cases were reported ( I use reported loosely )
With no vaccine available
What is stopping this shit from round 2 ??????

why2kmax

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger DG 1320
I believe the infection/outcome rates are going to be a country by country (and in the states, county by county) deal.

Italy vs. S. Korea for example:
Italy has a much older population, they have a higher % of smokers (men & women) and their health system is not that great
S. Korea's elderly % is lower, as are smoking rates (especially among women) and they have a pretty good health system

Seems to me that S.K. would naturally have a lower infection & death rate just based on those factors (and I'm sure there are others).

Seeing demographic differences here too:
Citrus (my county) is a 'retirement area' and as such has a high % of older ppl - many of them are snowbirds and travel (11 cases, 1 death - 80 yr old male)
Levy is rural/low income with 1/3 our pop. (0 cases) - lots of other small, rural counties in FL also reporting 0 cases
Marion 2.5x larger pop., but a WAY younger demographic (5 cases)
Hernando 20% larger pop, but a younger demographic (working families) (9 cases)

Hardly a 'scientific' survey, but I believe we are starting to see some trends emerge.
Totally agree with you on all that. BUT my point was the Media and the gov is holding up "Italy as the model of what will happen here IF we dont...." fanning the flames using the worst case scenario as if we should be guided by what is happening there vs places where it didnt quite set the world on fire.

16GoManGoHC2

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Usually do my shopping (at Wal-Mart) early also.
Here to report:
No Toilet Paper.
Even breaking into the restrooms to steal it.
Shows the ignorance and stupidity of the drooling idiots in this country.
No Water.
No sanitizer.
Stealing it off the restroom walls.
No chips, Pepsi, flour, paper towels.
Just doing my regular weekly shopping at 3 am.
Place was loaded with people buying canned goods.
I blame the media on this.
It's a freaking flu virus.
Get a new one every freaking year.
Bunch of mindless, drooling, idiots.
My daughter and family live in Verrado a suburb of Phoenix, they can’t find TP any where, having to ship her some. Wondering what kind of insurance value to put on the box? A million ??
Luckily one of the biggest TP mfging facilities in the north East US is only 35 miles away, and shelves still barren of it here as well. Unbelievable lol
B35D733D-5558-4BE4-89D7-CF0F000FBA1D.jpeg 2455AB53-444E-4102-88EC-6CACE17A2EF4.jpeg

Speedy!

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So I've been watching TN and KY cases since we have ChallengerFest at the end of April. What I find interesting is that I believe KY had their first confirmed case a few days before TN. KY also implemented more serious closings like schools, restaurants, etc about a week before TN. As of today KY has 198 cases and TN is approaching 1000.

Our gym says they're opening back up on April 6, 2020. Curious to see if that holds. When's the President's 15 day challenge over?

Bowtie Guy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
My wife nuts
So I've been watching TN and KY cases since we have ChallengerFest at the end of April. What I find interesting is that I believe KY had their first confirmed case a few days before TN. KY also implemented more serious closings like schools, restaurants, etc about a week before TN. As of today KY has 198 cases and TN is approaching 1000.

Our gym says they're opening back up on April 6, 2020. Curious to see if that holds. When's the President's 15 day challenge over?
I bet a cold beer

NO WAY IN HELL

DemonSRT

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kirkfield
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Demon
Wow, I just watched an episode of the Dr. Phil Show where he interviewed that young women that licked the toilet seat on the plane. All I can say is. WOW, what a ditz. I can't even find the words as to how f***ed up she is. If this is the new generation, then maybe the virus should take us all out. I know that this is a terrible thing to say, but If anyone else on this forum has watched this show, they will know why I have said this.

You can go on the Dr Phil site and watch the 3 recordings they have together. I can't seem to get it to link here.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I think the 15 days is over 3/30

Hpindy

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Wow, I just watched an episode of the Dr. Phil Show where he interviewed that young women that licked the toilet seat on the plane. All I can say is. WOW, what a ditz. I can't even find the words as to how f***ed up she is. If this is the new generation, then maybe the virus should take us all out. I know that this is a terrible thing to say, but If anyone else on this forum has watched this show, they will know why I have said this.
gross

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Markp

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaughan, Ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The sexy blonde ditzs are the easiest and most fun. If they will lick a toilet seat in a airport just think about how easy it is to get them to lick other things. Used to only have to worry about stds now we have to add global pandemics to the list.

Last edited:

DemonSRT

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kirkfield
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Demon
The sexy blonde ditzs are the easiest and most fun.if they will lick a toilet seat in a airport just think about how easy it is to get them to lick other things. Used to only have to worry about stds now we have to add global pandemics to the list.
That may be true, but I would not want that young woman around me at all. I have had lots of fun without the likes of her.